Relieving Myself of My Bravo

Search This thread

hippyman

Mar 12, 2011
Hi, before I get anywhere else in this thread I must first say thank you. Thank you to all the developers and testers, all the time you spent trying to perfect such a tiny little device meant so much, especially towards the beginning when dealing with MotoBlur was a hassle on its own. You all are very great at what you do, especially in comparison to my own knowledge on android development, which is nothing. :laugh:

Secondly, I wasn't sure where to put this thread, I just set it somewhere where I knew it would have the best chance at being seen. I apologize in advance if I put it in the wrong subforum.

Anywho, the whole reason I made this thread is simple: I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, and am no longer in need of my Bravo.
I know I could use it as a backup phone, but to be honest I have an old Samsung Epix that I like to use off and on. Back to Bravo point, I feel like getting rid of it.
It's in fair shape, with no cracks or dead pixels, but with 2 years worth of scratches when using it without a screen protector. It even has a new battery I put in last month. I know it's not perfect, but I imagine someone on here has one in way worse shape, or needs a spare for development purposes.

So, my offer is this: anyone who is interested in this phone needs only to send me a PM with a very brief explanation as to why they'd like it. I'm not some dean of a university requiring a 12 point essay as to why you deserve it more, I'd just like to know what you'd benefit from it.
In return, whoever ends up getting it, I ship it to you, minus the usb cable and SD card. For free. In other words past the PM sent, I would require nothing more.

Is it wrong of me to set this up here? I dunno. I've just seen people discussing their phones in the past as having major cracks and such, or needing to buy another one, and decided giving it away was better than letting it sit and gather dust.

But anyway, if you stuck it out and read the whole thing, and you're interested, thanks for reading.

-Hippy

TheLastSidekick

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Hi, before I get anywhere else in this thread I must first say thank you. Thank you to all the developers and testers, all the time you spent trying to perfect such a tiny little device meant so much, especially towards the beginning when dealing with MotoBlur was a hassle on its own. You all are very great at what you do, especially in comparison to my own knowledge on android development, which is nothing. :laugh:

Secondly, I wasn't sure where to put this thread, I just set it somewhere where I knew it would have the best chance at being seen. I apologize in advance if I put it in the wrong subforum.

Anywho, the whole reason I made this thread is simple: I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, and am no longer in need of my Bravo.
I know I could use it as a backup phone, but to be honest I have an old Samsung Epix that I like to use off and on. Back to Bravo point, I feel like getting rid of it.
It's in fair shape, with no cracks or dead pixels, but with 2 years worth of scratches when using it without a screen protector. It even has a new battery I put in last month. I know it's not perfect, but I imagine someone on here has one in way worse shape, or needs a spare for development purposes.

So, my offer is this: anyone who is interested in this phone needs only to send me a PM with a very brief explanation as to why they'd like it. I'm not some dean of a university requiring a 12 point essay as to why you deserve it more, I'd just like to know what you'd benefit from it.
In return, whoever ends up getting it, I ship it to you, minus the usb cable and SD card. For free. In other words past the PM sent, I would require nothing more.

Is it wrong of me to set this up here? I dunno. I've just seen people discussing their phones in the past as having major cracks and such, or needing to buy another one, and decided giving it away was better than letting it sit and gather dust.

But anyway, if you stuck it out and read the whole thing, and you're interested, thanks for reading.

-Hippy

Nice offer. Maybe a developer needs it somewhere. If not, craiglists or eBay for 50$.

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Nice offer. Maybe a developer needs it somewhere. If not, craiglists or eBay for 50$.

He was open to PM's on it for a week. I was the only one who replied so I was supposed to get it. He said I'd get in in a week or two -- that was almost 3 months ago and he hasn't logged onto XDA since August 16th. Hopefully nothing bad happened to him, but I'd have liked an "I'm sorry I can't send it PM" versus waiting on it for a month and a half and nothing.

//With his name being Hippyman, he could have easily been pulled over with a bag of "oregano". A buddy of mine got 3 months in county, 2 years probation, and drivers license revoked for 2 years because a state trooper in Arizona found a single weed seed on the floorboard (felony charge).

/csb time -- well, sort of
A few years back, I got an overnight job a Wal-Mart so I picked up my buddy and we went out driving all night (I was getting my body adjusted to overnight hours before the job started). I was stone cold sober, but my buddy had taken 2 xanax bars, a percocet, and a fifth of vodka (I despise pills and will never take them). A (county) cop pulled me over for going 55 in a 35 (I sped up to 55 because I SAW the speed limit sign that said 55 -- I ended up pulling over 3 ft from that sign). While he was searching my car (probable cause because my eyes were red from exhaustion) he found some tobacco on my floorboard from a cigar that was stepped on and I hadn't bothered to clean up (It was my first car and trashed to hell by this time so crap on the floor didn't matter to me by then; got a Mazda Miata a few weeks later).
The cop tried to give me a dui ticket for tobacco on the floor and having red eyes -- but it pissed him off that I could easily pass the sobriety tests - easily passed because I was SOBER.

The cop ended up giving me a speeding ticket cause he couldn't prove I was high (which I wasn't) and made my friend drive us out of that county -- remember that list of crap he had taken above, well, combine that with the fact that my friend didn't have a drivers license. He was totally f***ed up and nowhere in the state of mind to drive a car. I steered the car until we hit the county line a few miles later. Ended up having to pay $250 because I accelerated 100ft too soon.

If you ever go to Arkansas, stay away from Arkadelphia cause the cops their are complete morons. Also, if you ever do get pulled over, have a bag of "oregano", and get searched -- hide it in your damn left hand. I've been searched 3 times now with between a half ounce and two ounces and they have yet to find any of it......I have no idea how they missed the 2 oz in my hand, but they did....

BravoMotorola

Oct 17, 2010
He was open to PM's on it for a week. I was the only one who replied so I was supposed to get it. He said I'd get in in a week or two -- that was almost 3 months ago and he hasn't logged onto XDA since August 16th. Hopefully nothing bad happened to him, but I'd have liked an "I'm sorry I can't send it PM" versus waiting on it for a month and a half and nothing.

//With his name being Hippyman, he could have easily been pulled over with a bag of "oregano". A buddy of mine got 3 months in county, 2 years probation, and drivers license revoked for 2 years because a state trooper in Arizona found a single weed seed on the floorboard (felony charge).

/csb time -- well, sort of
A few years back, I got an overnight job a Wal-Mart so I picked up my buddy and we went out driving all night (I was getting my body adjusted to overnight hours before the job started). I was stone cold sober, but my buddy had taken 2 xanax bars, a percocet, and a fifth of vodka (I despise pills and will never take them). A (county) cop pulled me over for going 55 in a 35 (I sped up to 55 because I SAW the speed limit sign that said 55 -- I ended up pulling over 3 ft from that sign). While he was searching my car (probable cause because my eyes were red from exhaustion) he found some tobacco on my floorboard from a cigar that was stepped on and I hadn't bothered to clean up (It was my first car and trashed to hell by this time so crap on the floor didn't matter to me by then; got a Mazda Miata a few weeks later).
The cop tried to give me a dui ticket for tobacco on the floor and having red eyes -- but it pissed him off that I could easily pass the sobriety tests - easily passed because I was SOBER.

The cop ended up giving me a speeding ticket cause he couldn't prove I was high (which I wasn't) and made my friend drive us out of that county -- remember that list of crap he had taken above, well, combine that with the fact that my friend didn't have a drivers license. He was totally f***ed up and nowhere in the state of mind to drive a car. I steered the car until we hit the county line a few miles later. Ended up having to pay $250 because I accelerated 100ft too soon.

If you ever go to Arkansas, stay away from Arkadelphia cause the cops their are complete morons. Also, if you ever do get pulled over, have a bag of "oregano", and get searched -- hide it in your damn left hand. I've been searched 3 times now with between a half ounce and two ounces and they have yet to find any of it......I have no idea how they missed the 2 oz in my hand, but they did....

Wow that is ridiculous. Won't have to worry about that though after getting caught in my bathroom lighting it up for the second time :(

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Wow that is ridiculous. Won't have to worry about that though after getting caught in my bathroom lighting it up for the second time :(

Luckily, I've never been caught, except by my Dad when I was 17 (not smoking, just came home REALLLLLLY high). He ended up taking my stash, then 3 days later after he went through it, he came to me to get him some since it was way better than what he was getting at the time. When I told him it was only 25 a q, he was pissed cause he was having to pay 50 a q for the same. I was loling since connections were better than his.

The closest to actually being caught were the 2 times I was pulled over with quantity that I palmed in my left hand, and this time at school -- I was accused of drinking on campus that day; it was bs, I was drunk the previous day. Anyways, I had 2 packs of smokes and 2 separate halves on me -- one was regular, one was killer -- and on the way up to the office to get searched for the bottle I didn't have, I walked two steps behind the dean and started tossing my stash on top of lockers we went down the hall. Got searched, they found nothing, left the office, recovered everything, and went on with my day as usual. FYI, the one and only day I ever drunk at school was a free day at the end of the third quarter and all my tests were done -- the only thing on the agenda that day was watching movies or sleeping in class -- me and my buddy opted to get drunk. We'd have skipped that day, but if either of us would have one more day we'd be denied credit for the quarter. You could only miss 4 days every 18 weeks....

So there's actual rom crap here.....I flashed Quarx's CM10 Custom Kernel rom for the Defy Plus earlier (unmodified). Runs smooth and great, but the capactive buttons are way off and need to be fixed for normal use, camera didn't work (I expected that), capactive buttons also stay at 100% brightness. I think with a little bit of tweaking it could run great on the Bravo.

marcelarr

Mar 12, 2012
Quetzaltenango
Luckily, I've never been caught, except by my Dad when I was 17 (not smoking, just came home REALLLLLLY high). He ended up taking my stash, then 3 days later after he went through it, he came to me to get him some since it was way better than what he was getting at the time. When I told him it was only 25 a q, he was pissed cause he was having to pay 50 a q for the same. I was loling since connections were better than his.

The closest to actually being caught were the 2 times I was pulled over with quantity that I palmed in my left hand, and this time at school -- I was accused of drinking on campus that day; it was bs, I was drunk the previous day. Anyways, I had 2 packs of smokes and 2 separate halves on me -- one was regular, one was killer -- and on the way up to the office to get searched for the bottle I didn't have, I walked two steps behind the dean and started tossing my stash on top of lockers we went down the hall. Got searched, they found nothing, left the office, recovered everything, and went on with my day as usual. FYI, the one and only day I ever drunk at school was a free day at the end of the third quarter and all my tests were done -- the only thing on the agenda that day was watching movies or sleeping in class -- me and my buddy opted to get drunk. We'd have skipped that day, but if either of us would have one more day we'd be denied credit for the quarter. You could only miss 4 days every 18 weeks....

So there's actual rom crap here.....I flashed Quarx's CM10 Custom Kernel rom for the Defy Plus earlier (unmodified). Runs smooth and great, but the capactive buttons are way off and need to be fixed for normal use, camera didn't work (I expected that), capactive buttons also stay at 100% brightness. I think with a little bit of tweaking it could run great on the Bravo.
Good news on the rom!! and great story for a lazy sunday!

Reactions: skeevydude

BravoMotorola

Oct 17, 2010
Haha great story. They never took my stash because I said it was all gone but I still haven't smoked it because the drug test me. Anyways, so does the Defy kernel make it a lot smoother than before or does it seem smoother or what?

syllogyking

Sep 13, 2011
here. there. everywhere.
Haha great story. They never took my stash because I said it was all gone but I still haven't smoked it because the drug test me. Anyways, so does the Defy kernel make it a lot smoother than before or does it seem smoother or what?

it's smoother and snappier for a host of reasons - the main one being optimization of the interactive governor with power hal. using any other governor with these builds may cause problems. q is working on 3.0 kernel now

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
it's smoother and snappier for a host of reasons - the main one being optimization of the interactive governor with power hal. using any other governor with these builds may cause problems. q is working on 3.0 kernel now

+1 to that. JB with custom kernel runs about as smooth as CM7 ports from back before Quarx supported the Bravo. The only real issue is the capacitive buttons. So far all I've done is grazed over the keylayout files, but they seemed to be the same as CM7 Defy keylayout. Enabling the virtual keys helps, but I'd like to figure out a real fix.

For the fun of it, I attempted to boot CM7 with the custom kernel, didn't work.

Have a working Defy CM7 1104 port (yesterday), bare bones works just fine, but one of PmR's tweaks killed the wifi :(. Having issues rebuilding framework-res.apk for the animations and some ICS theme elements. Still want to add in PDroid. I'll upload the bare bones rom later today if its wanted.

//Stash was taken cause I fell over the ottoman and it came out of my pocket. Only ever been tested for work; I've passed all but one, they called me for an interview WHILE I was smoking. Did every trick I knew and failed it. If I knew I wasn't going to be watched (first test at that place) I'd have brought clean pee with me. Medicinal MMJ on the ballot tomorrow, hopefully it'll pass since all my smoking anymore is for medicinal reasons -- a single bowl during the day (keeps me from being mean -- being an ass is a family trait of mine) and a bowl or two at night before bed to help me sleep -- once I turned 13 I started to get sleep issues to the point to where I would stay awake for 2-3 days at a time (insomnia sucks). I could take some happy pills and sleeping pills, but pills suck (most pill overdoses are from the chemical that holds the pill together, not the chemical that gets you high or whatever -- read about it, pills are evil). I didn't even take my pain pills from my last 2 breaks (left hand bone below pinky and tailbone) since they didn't even help.

Last edited:

zetsui

Jul 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
i came back to see how my old phone's forum was doing and how much i miss that close relationship with the devs...and somewhere in that journey...
a **** arkansas!

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs

Interactive gov works great, but it does have one bug -- its hard-coded with a max rate of 1Ghz. If you set vsel4 higher than 1Ghz it will bootloop. Switching to boosted allowed me to boot with 300\600\900\1200. Not sure if Quarx knows or not...not many of us OC over 1Ghz. Interactive needs either some tweak settings in the bootmenu or a script that will take the max vsel rate and apply that to interactive's max rate settings....but I just finished syncing with the repos so its time to start a Bravo build :).

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Huh that's weird. I've been running 1.1 ghz at vsel4 with all the 2nd boot builds.

Sent from a smarter planet

That is weird, gonna set it to interactive real quick --- booted up and working just fine....I OC'd to 3\6\9\12 and bootlooped 3 times in a row, set to 3\6\9\10 and booted, set to 3/6/9/12 and bootlooped, changed to boosted and booted just fine, just now changed back to interactive and it boots....sigh.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good news on the rom!! and great story for a lazy sunday!