[TOOLKIT][GUI][MULTI-PLATFORM] Ultimate Backup Tool v2.0 - Full backup without root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rabathehutch

Nov 2, 2012
Device not Attached

Hi Gigadroid,
When I plug my Samsung Galaxy S3, running on the new stock firmware for android 4.1.1, it is recognised on my PC and I am able to transfer data. However when I attempt to use Backup Tool I am told 'No Device Connected'. Is it because the software is incompatible with new update or have I not installed the required drivers? The message 'ABD Found! Continuing' pops up when I first launch the UBT.bat file and I have the newest Google USB driver (Rev. 7).
Thanks

Dragoboss

Feb 1, 2011
What does it mean when the UBT says:
FINDSTR: cannot open search.find
when you're using the restore option?

Oh, yea, another thing about restore, I made a backup of all apps - exclude system
But is doesn't reinstall all apps, not even 25% of them.
Now, I MUST say I HAD root acces when I backupped, but ofcourse this tool didn't need root, and I wanted to save my backups on my pc, so I thought it would work, now it seems it's messed up here...

eklips3507

Nov 2, 2012
Hi Gigadroid,
When I plug my Samsung Galaxy S3, running on the new stock firmware for android 4.1.1, it is recognised on my PC and I am able to transfer data. However when I attempt to use Backup Tool I am told 'No Device Connected'. Is it because the software is incompatible with new update or have I not installed the required drivers? The message 'ABD Found! Continuing' pops up when I first launch the UBT.bat file and I have the newest Google USB driver (Rev. 7).
Thanks

I had the same issue until I noticed that USB debugging was not turned on in the phone's options.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: rabathehutch

eklips3507

Nov 2, 2012
Gigadroid, this is definitely a great app and I would like to see it working 100%.

here are the issues I encounter:

I am using UBT v1.3 with a Samsung Galaxy S2 on Android 4.0.3.
- Only one backup attempt was successful (unfortunately, it was while testing, so I do not remember what option I chose).
- When trying to create a backup using option 2, it freezes randomly after a short while (it's always a different app).
- If I use the CTRL+C shortcut (Terminate batch job (Y/N)?), and answer N, a "backup complete" message shows up, the backup stops and I get back to the menu of the app.
- Now, after several attempts, when I try to run the app, it's not loading any longer. it just stops after the following:

ADB found! Continuing

---------- LANGUAGE.SAVE

If I'm doing something wrong, or if you have any suggestions, just let me know.
Thanks for your work!

Silent25r

Nov 24, 2009
Backup tool not working

Not currently working for the sprint galaxy note 2. I've tried 1.3.1 through 1.2.1. On 1.3 and up I get a "missing msg" message. 1.2.1 thru 1.3 I get "adb: could not connect message". Followed the video to make sure I did everything right and it looks like I did.

I love the work you've done and I hope we can get it working on more devices.

holybabel

Sep 28, 2009
Hi everybody...i made a backup of my amoi n820 with option 2. The backup file is about 14GB big. When i try to restore the file, the restore "hangs" on one game "PlagueInc" is it possible to "look" into the backup and delete this one app?

Greetings holybabel

EDIT: Ok, found a tool named "Droid-Explorer"...will try this evening when i'm home. Is there a way to check on which package/point the restore stops?

Last edited:

EvanSmarter

Nov 8, 2012
Xperia Pro Mk16i

Is there any chance to get it work on a Sony Xperia Pro Mk16i (Android 4.0.4)?
In ADB there is a "NO DEVICE" error. After starting Backup UBT says instantly "Backup done", but the file is 0Kb.
I tested multiple USB drivers, that original one from Sony and the Flash-Drivers from the XDA forum.

(I know that these devices (xperia 2011) are known for problems... but is there any possibility?)
Thanks for your work... i would love to use it.

Last edited:

Droiddinho

Feb 1, 2011
this is probably a noob question, but everytime I run ubt.bat as admin it flashes on the screen for 1 second and closes. I have HTC Sync etc. uninstalled. I am running windows 7 64-bit. Any ideas how I can get this working?

EvanSmarter

Nov 8, 2012
this is probably a noob question, but everytime I run ubt.bat as admin it flashes on the screen for 1 second and closes. I have HTC Sync etc. uninstalled. I am running windows 7 64-bit. Any ideas how I can get this working?

How did you start the ubt.bat? I think you have to run "cmd.exe" as administrator... and then open the ubt.bat in the commandline.
Hope it helps.

Last edited:

EvanSmarter

Nov 8, 2012
The error I get now is "FINDSTR" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

any ideas? I'm using a HTC EVO 4G lte.

Sorry i dont have any ideas. Did you navigate to the right path (of your ubt.bat folder)? You have to use "cd.." and "cd directoryname" to navigate to your UBT-applicationfolder...

foggiaale

Nov 12, 2012
Hi guys,

just few questions for you:

I know you reply to this question but I don't understand: could it be possible to backup all the apps and data (option 4) not in a single file but splitting all of them in more than 1 file?

I know that I'd know app name (option 7) and I could use it to generate the app's backup but this'd be a very good improvement for your tool?
Otherwise it would be possible to print the list of all apps which are present in the device?

If I execute an entire backup (option 4) could I select the apps to be restored?

BRegards,
Antonio

Last edited:

Gigadroid

Dec 31, 2011
Osnabrück
Hi guys,

just few questions for you:

I know you reply to this question but I don't understand: could it be possible to backup all the apps and data (option 4) not in a single file but splitting all of them in more than 1 file?

I know that I'd know app name (option 7) and I could use it to generate the app's backup but this'd be a very good improvement for your tool?
Otherwise it would be possible to print the list of all apps which are present in the device?

If I execute an entire backup (option 4) could I select the apps to be restored?

BRegards,
Antonio

1. I only know how to extract the files from the backup, but not how to get the extracted files to a working backup file.
Look here: http://nelenkov.blogspot.jp/2012/06/unpacking-android-backups.html

2. What would be a very good improvement?
Am I stupid or have you forgot a part oft the sentence?
But I unterstood the second part.
I'll do my best for it.

3. No, there're no options to restore only a part of the backup.

In version 1.3.1 what is the difference between options 2 and 4?

No, I don't know what I thought when I coded option 4.

What does it mean when the UBT says:

when you're using the restore option?

Oh, yea, another thing about restore, I made a backup of all apps - exclude system
But is doesn't reinstall all apps, not even 25% of them.
Now, I MUST say I HAD root acces when I backupped, but ofcourse this tool didn't need root, and I wanted to save my backups on my pc, so I thought it would work, now it seems it's messed up here...

Sorry :(
Normally the tool checks out the output to recognize if the backup was created successful.
Maybe the check has stopped the restore process, but then it normal should habe already happened to me, too.
Try v1.2.2 anyhow.

Hi Gigadroid,
Thanks

Have you tried to make a backup anyhow.
Maybe it's caused by TouchWiz (then I can't help you) or because your ADB code contains no 0 (it does recognize a connected device with the 0)

Gigadroid, this is definitely a great app and I would like to see it working 100%.

here are the issues I encounter:

I am using UBT v1.3 with a Samsung Galaxy S2 on Android 4.0.3.
- Only one backup attempt was successful (unfortunately, it was while testing, so I do not remember what option I chose).
- When trying to create a backup using option 2, it freezes randomly after a short while (it's always a different app).
- If I use the CTRL+C shortcut (Terminate batch job (Y/N)?), and answer N, a "backup complete" message shows up, the backup stops and I get back to the menu of the app.
- Now, after several attempts, when I try to run the app, it's not loading any longer. it just stops after the following:

ADB found! Continuing

---------- LANGUAGE.SAVE

If I'm doing something wrong, or if you have any suggestions, just let me know.
Thanks for your work!

The last problem should be fixed easily, just redownload the tool.
If you stop the process it will execute one more command and this lets pop up the window.
I can't help you with your other problems.

Hi everybody...i made a backup of my amoi n820 with option 2. The backup file is about 14GB big. When i try to restore the file, the restore "hangs" on one game "PlagueInc" is it possible to "look" into the backup and delete this one app?

Greetings holybabel

EDIT: Ok, found a tool named "Droid-Explorer"...will try this evening when i'm home. Is there a way to check on which package/point the restore stops?

Look, at the first answer.
No, you can't check where it stops.
The only way is to look on the screen of your phone.

Not currently working for the sprint galaxy note 2. I've tried 1.3.1 through 1.2.1. On 1.3 and up I get a "missing msg" message. 1.2.1 thru 1.3 I get "adb: could not connect message". Followed the video to make sure I did everything right and it looks like I did.

I love the work you've done and I hope we can get it working on more devices.

Currently I can't help you :(

Is there any chance to get it work on a Sony Xperia Pro Mk16i (Android 4.0.4)?
In ADB there is a "NO DEVICE" error. After starting Backup UBT says instantly "Backup done", but the file is 0Kb.
I tested multiple USB drivers, that original one from Sony and the Flash-Drivers from the XDA forum.

(I know that these devices (xperia 2011) are known for problems... but is there any possibility?)
Thanks for your work... i would love to use it.

I maybe have the chance to play around a little bit with a arc S.
Hope I can find a solution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    30siupz.jpg

With this tool, you can completely backup your device without root or unlocked bootloader.
    I have tested it so far only with my Galaxy Nexus, but it should also work with other devices running Android 4.0+.
    So you can unlock your bootloader without losing your data.
    With version 1.1, not all parts of the program will be downloaded, only the necessary.
    The most tools in the "Tools" section are for the Galaxy Nexus, but more devices will follow soon.
    Now the final release of v2 is out!
    The UI is complete, it's much easier to use.

Screenshots
    aut4lx.jpg

Tutorial (thanks to AndyCr15)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa0vnq_ce-M
    If you use v1.2.2 you don't need to copy the UBT to platform-tools.
    It would be nice if someone would do a tutorial for v2 :)

German Tutorial:*click*

Download

Windows

Ultimate Backup Tool v1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.2

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.2.1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.2.2

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.3

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.3.1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.3.2

mod edit: Using pay per click links is against XDA rule 13

3. Advertising and Income Generation

Commercial advertising, advertising referral links, pay-per-click links and other income generating methods are forbidden. Do not use XDA-Developers as a means to make money.

Mirror link (not always up to date; thanks to chip.de)

ROM Backup Digital Cryptor

Mac OS / Linux

Ultimate Backup Tool v1 (thanks to eyrienne)

mod edit" more pay per click links

Source
    UBT

ROM Backup Digital Cryptor(Alpha, post bugs below; big thanks to Marijuana Legal/Marijsoft :D)

Changelog

v1
    • Initial release

v1.1
    • Added download feature
    • Changeable path for backup
    • Added "Tools" section
    • ADB preloads
    • Added pauses
    • Added ADB and fastboot check
    • changed Window size
    • returning to .bat because some virus scanners have indentified it as malware

v1.2
    • Path will now be saved
    • fixed problem with preloading ADB
    • added version number
    • added Option to backup a single app
    • added CWM for GS2 and GS3
    • fixed Option 2 to install CWM to Verizon

v1.2.1
    • hopefully fixed the bug with backup functions

v1.2.2
    • changed window size
    • spelling mistake corrected
    • advanced ADB and fastboot check (thanks to 2uk3y)
    • some UI adjustments (thanks to 2uk3y)
    • recognizes if it runs on x64 or x86

v1.3
    • full S2 and S3 support
    • german translation (thanks to TheMaurice)
    • added device and version check
    • added notification if backup has been finished
    • added device informations
    • added "Incorrect input" notification to all menus
    • added pop-ups

v1.3.1
    • fixed a bug with pop-ups
    • added pop-ups for backups of a single app
    • fixed a bug with path of backup of a single app

v1.3.2
    • option to capture a problem
    • added package list
    • added Galaxy Note support
    • ADB updated
    • Fastboot updated

v2.0
    • Added rootmethod for Samsung Galaxy S4
    • Added option to flash zip
    • Added rootmethod for many devices (Doom4lord4Root)
    • Updated option to block ads
    • Added cloudservice box
    • Added form to report bug in programm
    • Updated gpubli (google ads)
    • Add image to cloud (experimental) (save your photo sdcard cloudservice picasa or flikr - only donation***ImageToCloud) in this version zip file folder image and uploading to google drive
    • Added CloudManager to add upload to your cloud with a application you get if you donate
    • Added donationbutton (Marijuana Legal don't have a job, he's so sorry)
    • Fixed language(English language is default)
    • Fixed update search and download
    • Fixed Backup/restore list single app

Known problems
    • Problems with the HTC One series
    • Problems with Sony devices from 2011

When you have a problem make sure you have correctly installed drivers.

Donations
    Nobody has donated so far, be the first :D

Our little team
    • Gigadroid (Scripting)
    • Marijuana Legal (GUI for Windows and Mac)
    I have fixed the problem.
    The compiler has built crap.
    And yes, it requires a ADB connection
    Sorry can't give simple instructions because my pc got ****ed up again -.-
    Use the youtube tutorial with v1.3.2 if you really don't know how to use it.
    I stopped development on this and Marijsoft clearly failed the campaign for v3 so I think there will be no v3 :(
    This tool started a wave of programms (e.g. Helium etc.) that were so much easier to use than this, yeah awesome but not for us because nobody is interested in this because we were to slow to develop a good looking and easy UI :(
    I think it's dead now, it was my first project here, it looks like the next one will be an android app..

As that this project seems to be dead and there income generation links in the op I think it is best we just close this thread down

Thread closed
    @vitors and flomtidreio: It SHOULD be no problem as long as you haven't made a Backup from system apps.
    Malware?

The "Ultimate Backup Tool" referenced above comes bundled with a program called "Conduit" which has been reported as malware. Conduit installs itself in your browsers as the default search and blocks you from re-setting your previous default. Then it apparently shares your information all over the place. As a result, I declined to install the Ultimate Backup Tool even though I had the option of un-bundling Conduit. My trust was shot . . . . -Anonymous