FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel] OC to 1100Mhz and linaro gcc 4.7 (New version with fast display mode)

361 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,106

By guevor, Senior Member on 26th September 2012, 01:55 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
7th November 2012, 02:15 AM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 253

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxy81

I need to say thanks to you, this kernel is simply great!
Now my nst is a complete Android tablet!
My only wish remains to see at least android 2.3 for the play services, play books of course.

I've sideloaded Google Books, it is pretty disappointing but it works here on 1.1 NST.

Attaching here, give it a go.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.google.android.apps.books.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.50 MB, 70 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to wskelly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wskelly Ad-Free

7th November 2012, 09:40 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wskelly

I've sideloaded Google Books, it is pretty disappointing but it works here on 1.1 NST.

Attaching here, give it a go.

Already done, but thanks anyway
The major issue is that aren't the underline and note features otherwise will be perfect for me.
13th November 2012, 01:59 PM |#73  
Flag Warszaw
Thanks Meter: 85

More
@guevor, could you please consider making compatibility for 3rd party LED notification apps with NST?
14th November 2012, 09:30 AM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
UK Nook glowlight running software V1.2
Folks, just to let the Brits know that this kernel (build 166) installs and works perfectly in UK glowlight nook's running V1.2 software.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to johnjtaylor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnjtaylor Ad-Free
15th November 2012, 09:49 AM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I think if you could turn off antialiasing globally for the nook, the fonts would look better with Fast Mode and E-Ink.

There's someone here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1255773 who writes he managed to turn off Antialiasing on an Android device.
18th November 2012, 04:14 AM |#76  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by el34han

My N2E suffer from the same battery drain problem. N2E uses about 20% of battery every day.
Is there a solution for this problem?

If some of your battery drain is coming from "Cell standby", you need to delete or freeze the Dialer program (the easiest way to do this is with Titanium Backup). Why the B&S developers left it it in is a mystery to me, since it serves no purpose that I know of. It only seems to run (and drain battery) in rooted NOOKs (and I'm not even sure it does it on all of them).
18th November 2012, 04:51 AM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 213

More
an email client installed on the NST, or an RSS reader, can easily cause a lot of battery drain - many rss readers and mail clients will wake the device and look for a network periodically and by default.

It took me a long time to iron out the battery drain on my nook tablet, and I've seen folks struggle with NST battery drain that was resolved by getting rid of some of the phone home stuff.
18th November 2012, 11:50 AM |#78  
OP Senior Member
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 1,106

Donate to Me
More
New version

Apart from some arrangements, I added smartassV2 as new governor, sio as the new io scheduler and veno as tcp congestion control.
I hope the first thing improves system response, the second improved access to the flash and the third improve somewhat the wifi.
Anyway, the best way to check is to try and comment the results because not everyone uses it the same way.

As always put the kernel file, uImage.img, to be renamed uImage before installing and a zip file to install all from cwm recovery, this time including a uRamdisk modified to use smartassV2 since boot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip install-kernel-174.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.17 MB, 4352 views)
File Type: img uImage.img - [Click for QR Code] (1.84 MB, 2683 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to guevor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guevor Ad-Free
19th November 2012, 01:00 AM |#79  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guevor

New version

Apart from some arrangements, I added smartassV2 as new governor, sio as the new io scheduler and veno as tcp congestion control.
I hope the first thing improves system response, the second improved access to the flash and the third improve somewhat the wifi.
Anyway, the best way to check is to try and comment the results because not everyone uses it the same way.

As always put the kernel file, uImage.img, to be renamed uImage before installing and a zip file to install all from cwm recovery, this time including a uRamdisk modified to use smartassV2 since boot.

I installed this using the cwm recovery file and now my Glowlight doesn't come on by holding down the n button. The indicator at the top indicates it is toggling on but it doesn't come on. If I go and adjust the brightness, the light comes on but then I can't turn it off (even though the indicator in the status bar indicates it is toggling on and off). Any thoughts?
19th November 2012, 10:39 AM |#80  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guevor

New version

All works fine on Nook simple touch without glowlight
19th November 2012, 01:15 PM |#81  
Flag Warszaw
Thanks Meter: 85

More
On my NST with 1.2.0 fast mode does not work, nothing happens when activated.

i5700/Tapatalk 2
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread