Post Reply Email Thread
6th November 2012, 01:18 PM |#21  
Flag Lago Maggiore
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salada2k

Hey guys,

For anyone having serious issues with their video card drivers on Windows 8, you can try what I did.

I actually completely wiped an iMac and put Windows 8 on, clean install. My Radeon Mobility 4670 HD was detected, but had an exclamation mark next to it in device manager (Unable to start device). No matter what I did, Windows told me that I 'already had the best driver installed' OR I could install an updates driver that simply resulted in a black screen, with no way out other than system restore!

After many fruitless hours, I wiped the whole computer again, and this time installed Windows 7. After setting everything up perfectly in Windows 7, which was well supported with drivers, I then did an inplace upgrade to Windows 8 as opposed to a clean install. Voila, the driver is now correctly installed in device manager, and I get the maximum performance from the card in Windows 8. Needless to say I wont be touching that driver in the future. Hopefully that method works for you guys who are in hot water.

Hi salada2k, like you suggest, I tried installing win7 64bit again and then upgrade to win8 64bit (no clean install), but this method don't work for me....

win8 64bit don't recognize ati catalyst and his drivers....if I try to force driver upgrade, like this thread says, I find right 64bit .inf file (CH95951) but if i try to install x1800 driver it tell me that 'HASH FOR THIS FILE IS NOT AVAILABLE' or maybe damaged or corrupted....same .inf file work for win7 64bit....

if i try to use amddriverdownloader.exe it tell me that it is not possible to recognize hardware (0x1002 - 0x7102 PCIE) and OS (unknown 64-bit)!

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thokkalodi

Thanks a ton dude!
Been trying to install the proper display driver for Mobility Radeon 9600 on my old laptop for a long time. Thanks for your link. Those are the only ones that worked. Tried a million others but none of them worked.

happy for you! please let us know if everything still work after some day!
14th November 2012, 08:35 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thumbs up
Hi guys

Today i have installed ATI X1300 on Win8 64bit PRO

I used those drivers http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index....98&v_langue=en but i received info from windows:

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering."

To get it worked i need to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8

I used this manual

https://laslow.net/2012/03/14/disabl...-in-windows-8/

Good luck
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jordan87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jordan87 Ad-Free
15th November 2012, 06:53 AM |#23  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

I don't believe any WDDM drivers were ever released for a Radeon card below the 9500, so a 9250 will definitely not work (sorry @the_game_master). Honestly though, that's a low-end card from somewhere in the vicinity of 9 years ago. You could get a newer card that will be supported in Win8 and will kick you old 9250's ass up one side and down the other for like $30.

shucks! i have a radeon 9250 as well. i am still rocking xp on my dell dimension 2400 that i got almost 10 years ago. i just receieved 2x1gb of ram in the mail today ($35 from ebay) ... thought that would be all i need to get windows 8 going. i find it strange that the windows update assistant shows what is compatible and what isn't... it has the radeon 9250 listed under the compatible stuff. however, i trust you guys that it is not.

my computer is not compatible with pci express graphic cards... just pci.
does anyone know of a better graphics card than the radeon 9250, that is just pci and would be compatible with windows 8???

btw, i know i should invest in a new computer... would if i could.
thanks for the info in this thread
15th November 2012, 11:50 AM |#24  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 215

More
Works Here with ATI RADEON 4200 HD , But Can't get catalyst center to work .. any idea ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UpGado For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UpGado Ad-Free
11th December 2012, 12:42 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thanks! Worked just fine with my old x850XT!!

Cheers!
14th December 2012, 02:37 PM |#26  
Flag Molfetta
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan87

Hi guys

Today i have installed ATI X1300 on Win8 64bit PRO

I used those drivers http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index....98&v_langue=en but i received info from windows:

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering."

To get it worked i need to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8

I used this manual

https://laslow.net/2012/03/14/disabl...-in-windows-8/

Good luck

THIS!!

Worked for me on x1300 + win 8 pro 32bit
thanks bro!
18th December 2012, 10:46 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Any help for 5000 series? Upgraded to Windows 8 and lost the display driver...HDMI port is useless now. I tried getting the driver from here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-d...xxx-intel.html

Didn't work out, turned on my comp and the screen was black so I had to remove it using safe mode. I have a HP Dv6 3**** and I got it in April 2011 so the HP website has basically stopped supporting it...any ideas?
18th December 2012, 11:43 PM |#28  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,947

More
Radeon HD 5xxx should be fully supported out of the box on Win8. Did you do an upgrade install? Those are a near-universally terrible idea; you should clean the drive and do a full install instead.

Lacking that, go to the AMD website and download the drivers that they have for Win8. It's dead simple:
Support & Drivers (upper left) -> Notebook Graphics -> Mobility Radeon HD 5xxx Series -> Windows 8 (32 bit or 64 bit, which hopefully you already know...)
19th December 2012, 05:38 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Radeon HD 5xxx should be fully supported out of the box on Win8. Did you do an upgrade install? Those are a near-universally terrible idea; you should clean the drive and do a full install instead.

Lacking that, go to the AMD website and download the drivers that they have for Win8. It's dead simple:
Support & Drivers (upper left) -> Notebook Graphics -> Mobility Radeon HD 5xxx Series -> Windows 8 (32 bit or 64 bit, which hopefully you already know...)

Well I trusted Microsoft when I did the upgrade so I had no idea they were a "near universally terrible idea". Anyway, the upgrade is great so far and all the problems I had with Wins 7 (speed/stability) are gone. The display driver is the only problem as it makes my HDMI port useless (not really a big issue for me anyway).

Anyway, I didn't wanna wipe my computer so I just upgraded. I've tried to get it from the AMD website but when I follow those steps (and I did just now and months ago), it directs me to the Verification tool which tells me "AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer". Do you know any other way to obtain it? HP can't help either because this laptop which I got in April 2011 is apparently too old to be supported.
20th December 2012, 03:00 AM |#30  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,947

More
You're doing something wrong if you're getting a "verification tool", unless you mean the driver installer itself (which is a 100MB+ download that will verify compatible hardware when it runs). Do make sure you're using the right option of 32bit or 64bit.

Upgrade installs have been considered a bad idea for roughly as long as they've been available (well back into the Win9x days, at least). This is triply true if you were having problems with the old OS, as upgrade installs can only be feasibly tested against a very small subset of possible system configurations and if something is wrong and the cause can't be determined, the advice is "wipe and re-install" not "let's tack a new OS onto this old and broken one and hope the inevitable problems somehow cancel out". "Wipe and then install a new OS" is an excellent option, though.

Upgrade installs are technically supported and are "supposed" to work, but in practice they are a source of innumerable problems and the advice you'll usually get from MS support if you ask for it is "wipe and do a clean install" (or, on Win8, do a "refresh" of the system, which is almost the same thing). Note that you can keep your data (documents, pictures, whatever); you just shouldn't install one OS over the other. Once you've installed the new one, you can delete the old.
20th December 2012, 10:52 AM |#31  

More
Well a while ago I manually navigated to the 64 bit Windows 8 version for Raedeon HD 5000 series and installed. It didn't do anything and I couldn't even launch CCC. I'm not gonna bother wiping my computer over this mostly because I have no other problems and that probably will not even fix it (wiping it wouldn't magically install the right display driver I don't think).

Thanks for the advice anyway, HDMI output isn't a necessity for me so I guess I can deal with it until this laptop kicks the bucket. I have some programs that I wouldn't want to lose by wiping and that's my main problem with that solution, not just data. Thanks once again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)