FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G

979 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,034
 
By mr-cook, Senior Member on 9th November 2012, 09:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th November 2012, 02:33 PM |#31  
IndigoAK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
I apologize then, I misinterpreted what you said.
 
 
14th November 2012, 05:34 PM |#32  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,034
 
More
Samsung told me it left the factory as a stock i777, that was then modified, and locked by tracfone.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to mr-cook For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mr-cook Ad-Free
14th November 2012, 07:31 PM |#33  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
It is exactly the same phone as the I777. Now it is a matter of dealing with Tracfone's locked modem and revovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
14th November 2012, 07:41 PM |#34  
IndigoAK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicw

It is exactly the same phone as the I777. Now it is a matter of dealing with Tracfone's locked modem and revovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Shouldn't the platform and kernel source code that Samsung has on their website help with that? It's specifically listed under this model (SGH-S969G).
14th November 2012, 08:16 PM |#35  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
It could. i have downloaded it but I have not gotten a chance to look at it yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
15th November 2012, 03:27 AM |#36  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I am playing with source now. I will see what I can come up with. The goal is to try to disable signature verfication in the recovery as we are dealing with a locked bootloader. Unfortunately though, that is something that is going to be more than likely easier said than done at this point. I need someone to provide a dump of the stock rom that comes with this phone. Not everything needed is in the source provided by Samsung.
15th November 2012, 03:36 AM |#37  
IndigoAK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicw

I am playing with source now. I will see what I can come up with. The goal is to try to disable signature verfication in the recovery as we are dealing with a locked bootloader. Unfortunately though, that is something that is going to be more than likely easier said than done at this point. I need someone to provide a dump of the stock rom that comes with this phone. Not everything needed is in the source provided by Samsung.

Hopefully somebody reading this still has the phone with stock. If I weren't such a poor sod, I'd probably buy another one and donate it to you in the name of progress, but alas, the reason I bought this device to begin with is because I am poor. If there's anything I can do though, let me know!
15th November 2012, 03:40 AM |#38  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I do have enough with which to build the stock kernel. At the very least, those of us that flashed already may be able to get back full functionality of our devices until a custom firmware is out. Lets hope that the stock kernel is all that is needed to fix the intermittent mobile data loss. The theory is that the stock kernel will be more compatible with the stock modem that remains regardless of what you try to do to flash it over.
15th November 2012, 03:42 AM |#39  
IndigoAK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicw

I do have enough with which to build the stock kernel. At the very least, those of us that flashed already may be able to get back full functionality of our devices until a custom firmware is out. Lets hope that the stock kernel is all that is needed to fix the intermittent mobile data loss. The theory is that the stock kernel will be more compatible with the stock modem that remains regardless of what you try to do to flash it over.

This will remove root though won't it?
15th November 2012, 03:45 AM |#40  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoAK

Hopefully somebody reading this still has the phone with stock. If I weren't such a poor sod, I'd probably buy another one and donate it to you in the name of progress, but alas, the reason I bought this device to begin with is because I am poor. If there's anything I can do though, let me know!

Working together, we will eventually get this solved. I have some experience playing with this, but there are some with way more experience on this board. I can at least do a little of the legwork and at least possible get back functionality for us until the day comes that we have the ability to get CWM on this device. As it stands now, I cannot unlock the bootloader but that does not mean it can't be done.
15th November 2012, 01:02 PM |#41  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoAK

This will remove root though won't it?

Yes it will remove root. It can be rooted again though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes