SGH-T889_JB_Opensource.zip available on opensource.samsung.com

Search This thread

VIIRU§

Jul 15, 2012
Newark
Wow Mr. Sung wasnt playing any games. Fastest source code release I ever seen.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

ptmr3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2012
Aurora
Yep AFAIK this is just the GPL part of the code - aka the part they are required to release.

It is kernel source (+ platform) have already started building but as always they throw a bug or two at you to make you work for it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

D

DarksteelBlade

Excuse the noobish question, but does kernel + platform mean that everything needed to compile a functional android system for the device is present or does it mean everything sans precious drivers.

ptmr3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2012
Aurora
Excuse the noobish question, but does kernel + platform mean that everything needed to compile a functional android system for the device is present or does it mean everything sans precious drivers.

It is mostly kernel source. Far from enought to compile an entire os

from my Galaxy Note 2!!!
》Jedi Roms 《

D

DarksteelBlade

It is mostly kernel source. Far from enought to compile an entire os

from my Galaxy Note 2!!!
》Jedi Roms 《

Gotchya. Thanks for the quick response.

I guess the core of my question is if this is useful for building newer versions of Android as they come out (IE 4.2). If not, what else do i need? Where do i find it? Where does this fit into the puzzle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was just poking around on opensource.samsung.com and saw this file for download, hopefully it will be useful to devs in the future. :good:

The file is 196MB and has md5 ed891a2f357cd825c1dce114fc59640f. To download, go to http://opensource.samsung.com and search for "SGH-T889"