Prestigio PAP4040 Duo

Search This thread

demoncho87

Sep 29, 2010
Hello i am new user from Bulgaria and i have Prestigio PAP4040 Duo with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwitch.Can I flash my phone with the new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and how can i choose the right ROM for my phone.Is the Jelly Bean going well?Sorry for the BAD English.

Reactions: janjevac

janjevac

Oct 30, 2011
Zagreb
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
I have the same device

Hello i am new user from Bulgaria and i have Prestigio PAP4040 Duo with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwitch.Can I flash my phone with the new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and how can i choose the right ROM for my phone.Is the Jelly Bean going well?Sorry for the BAD English.

Phone is very good and cheap. I've been using it for a while. So far no luck rooting or modifying it.
Any helo would be apreciated.

THX

janjevac

Oct 30, 2011
Zagreb
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
If anyone would like to know, I've managed to root the phone using following "n00b" steps:
1. Step

- download, install and run SuperOneClick v2.3.3.
- make sure you have USB debugging mode on
- plug in USB cable and click root.
- the program will ask you to install drivers.
- install them even if they are not signatured by Microsoft.
- after you installed all the drivers, restart computer

2. Step
- download and install this http://www.4shared.com/dir/RR8GM4vj/_online.html
- run runme.bat
- choose 1) Normal
- follow the instructions
- make sure you hit restore button on your device when prompted
- phone will reboot twice, don't worry

Enjoy your rooted device!!!
Credits to bin4ry for creating the method.

If you like my post, thank me :)

demoncho87

Sep 29, 2010
I have rooted my phone using this Android_4.0.4_mtk6575_Alps.ICS.MP.V2.2_ROOT. It`s easy and i have no problems with it.But I want to change my stock rom with 4.1 Jelly Bean but i don`t know is my phone will run Jelly Bean?

WRaven512

Feb 16, 2011
there is no working recovery on 4040 know yet
there isn no working jb or any coustom rom know to me that works on 4040
but if you want you can track update packages while downloading upgrade
and download flash tool drivers service manual and clean stock rom with version 1.0.10 it works much better then stock with upgrade.zip via ota ;) i case off system crash while modding

new info
must say that stock rom with updates was terrible with rom nr PAP4040DUO_20121101_V1.0.10 mine GPS is much better. Before update there was a 64 -70 feet, now take a look gps i worth using :)

2012-11-20%2017.42.39.png

Last edited:

demoncho87

Sep 29, 2010
When I check for System update there was one and when i download it and run it my phone turn off and go to recovery and starts to install the update but when it goes to 1/3 from 100% it shows some Error in system\media\bootanimation.zip and some ****s after that and can`t install.Do you know why and how i fix it?

WRaven512

Feb 16, 2011
When I check for System update there was one and when i download it and run it my phone turn off and go to recovery and starts to install the update but when it goes to 1/3 from 100% it shows some Error in system\media\bootanimation.zip and some ****s after that and can`t install.Do you know why and how i fix it?

Every update package via ota have a list of correct checksum of files or a part of it you must put orginal file then do update i had this same error with build.prop with old one update have happy end :)

demoncho87

Sep 29, 2010
Every update package via ota have a list of correct checksum of files or a part of it you must put orginal file then do update i had this same error with build.prop with old one update have happy end :)
You may right but i don`t have backup of the original bootanimation.zip. I have tried to Reset to factory but with no sucsess.

WRaven512

Feb 16, 2011
You may right but i don`t have backup of the original bootanimation.zip. I have tried to Reset to factory but with no sucsess.

let see i will upload my own backup off system folder this is a clean clean version off system folder before rooting and any mod, may some time to upload
then take it in safe place and make credits ;)
uploading on this link may take 16 min tu upload
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11070101/system.7z
and this is a file with i have from prestigio server
maunal +drivers + service rom +and software to make a clean phone
here is the link upload may take a while
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11070101/PAP4040DUO_20121101_V1.0.10.7z
please take all links to a safe server a don want to use my dropbox limit to expire because this are large files and a have a more then one android device and modded firmware which I am sharing
Sorry for my pour english BTW I'm now just a little bit drunk ;)
and this is rooting tool for 4040 which i was using
it also make a bcp of a rom befor mod
make a soft root and bcp and then install root with this tool
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11070101/MTKdroidTools.7z

Last edited:
Just a quick update

I'll put my ClockWork Mod builds for PAP4300 and PAP4040 to my server. Can't post any links here yet, so be sure to check the link from t830mc's previous post.

For now, only 2 quick builds made using kitchen plugin for mt6575 are available.
This is all pre-alpha, not mounting anything properly, so it's pretty much useless for end users.
However, adb works fine for me (tested only on PAP4040), so I can mount and do what's needed.

I'm testing things for model 4040 myself, but can't test for model 4300 because I don't have that device, so be sure to let us all know if it works or not.

Last edited:

mysho

Jan 3, 2012
1.0.09 update

could someone upload update 1.0.09 ? i currently have version 1.0.08 and OTA offers me 1.0.10, but it tells that update.zip is invalid when i try to update, so i guess i need to update 1.0.09 first

europoint

Feb 14, 2011
Hello, can someone please refute the fact that this phone does not work on applications that use google maps: Meteor, Everytrail, TripJournal, Geocaching (official), etc.?

Support Prestigio me referring to the producers of these programs.
One of the programmers wrote me that the problem is in the poor implementation of Android, which must be repaired by Prestigio.

So a vicious circle and I do not work on this phone programs that use Google Maps. One user malfunction layers above the map also confirmed.

Thanks

Root
Android 4.0.4
PAP4040DUO20121101.V1.0.10

WRaven512

Feb 16, 2011
Guess what I did on 4040 :D

Sent from my PAP4040_DUO using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356367217114.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356367217114.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,334
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356367238189.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356367238189.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,137

WRaven512

Feb 16, 2011
Hello, can someone please refute the fact that this phone does not work on applications that use google maps: Meteor, Everytrail, TripJournal, Geocaching (official), etc.?

One of the programmers wrote me that the problem is in the poor implementation of Android, which must be repaired by Prestigio.

So a vicious circle and I do not work on this phone programs that use Google Maps. One user malfunction layers above the map also confirmed.

Thanks

Root
Android 4.0.4

There is a bug in system folder just copy two files from frameworks to framework dir and reboot

Reactions: europoint

europoint

Feb 14, 2011
Many thanks, it works. :good:

Another problem:
How to install "Google Play services" com.google.android.gms (for example, needed to log on to YouTube or the functioning of the app My Tracks)?
Installation of "services" always ends up error message:
Incompatible with other applications that use the same shared Memberlist ID.

(The procedure described here did not help: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1219029)

Thank you.

WRaven512

Feb 16, 2011
hmm I did not notice this issue before you get this issue when you will get latest update from play store . Now when i have a custom version of a rom and i have instaled youtube in /system/app, and i just removed update,
this is orginal youtube apk or not but it works fine
just clear data and uninstall current youtube.apk and install this one or push it to to system and DONT UPDATE IT :)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11070101/com.google.android.youtube-2.apk
also you may try older ver of my tracks and try if it works, Prestigio must do a fast update of this error but i think they are to busy with mk6577 and mk6575 will be left alone

Last edited:

europoint

Feb 14, 2011
Thank you, Youtube now works.

Still, I can not install "Google Play services" (com.google.android.gms) that are needed to run "My Tracks" (com.google.android.maps.mytracks).
Installation of "services" always ends up error message: Incompatible with other applications that use the same shared Memberlist ID.
In the file "/data/system/packages.xml" is nothing (com.google.android.gms) I could erase.

Thank you.

WRaven512

Feb 16, 2011
Can anybody test SDXC 64GB card on this phone?

Can anybody test SDXC 64GB card on this phone?
Prestigio claims that this phone suports SDHC and SDXC standards up to 32 GB.
But SDHC standard is up to 32GB and SDXC starts from 32GB up to 2 TB.
So my question is maybe they did not have 64 GB SDXC card to test :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a quick update

I'll put my ClockWork Mod builds for PAP4300 and PAP4040 to my server. Can't post any links here yet, so be sure to check the link from t830mc's previous post.

For now, only 2 quick builds made using kitchen plugin for mt6575 are available.
    This is all pre-alpha, not mounting anything properly, so it's pretty much useless for end users.
    However, adb works fine for me (tested only on PAP4040), so I can mount and do what's needed.

I'm testing things for model 4040 myself, but can't test for model 4300 because I don't have that device, so be sure to let us all know if it works or not.
    If anyone would like to know, I've managed to root the phone using following "n00b" steps:
    1. Step

- download, install and run SuperOneClick v2.3.3.
    - make sure you have USB debugging mode on
    - plug in USB cable and click root.
    - the program will ask you to install drivers.
    - install them even if they are not signatured by Microsoft.
    - after you installed all the drivers, restart computer

2. Step
    - download and install this http://www.4shared.com/dir/RR8GM4vj/_online.html
    - run runme.bat
    - choose 1) Normal
    - follow the instructions
    - make sure you hit restore button on your device when prompted
    - phone will reboot twice, don't worry

Enjoy your rooted device!!!
    Credits to bin4ry for creating the method.

If you like my post, thank me :)

Thanks

Root
    Android 4.0.4

There is a bug in system folder just copy two files from frameworks to framework dir and reboot

http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?t=18750&p=604542
    here is this mod it took some time to find it 2 time :)

btw this ftp address i trace while the ota was downloading update