Thanks Meter: 515

By pjsports, Member on 29th October 2012, 05:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th November 2012, 07:21 PM |#51  
Flag Nantes
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up
Thanks for this second release, everything seems good!
Just noticed that 3g symbol appears without 3g dongle on a500... and settings are there...
Nothing realy annoying
Rotatif

Edit: mic is not working with search, the same with external mic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rotatif For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rotatif Ad-Free
16th November 2012, 01:18 PM |#52  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by macia10

What new wifi driver changes?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

bcmdhd wifi driver is newer and better than our current bcm4329 driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotatif

Thanks for this second release, everything seems good!
Just noticed that 3g symbol appears without 3g dongle on a500... and settings are there...
Nothing realy annoying
Rotatif

Edit: mic is not working with search, the same with external mic.

Thanks for your report. I have not tried USB 3G.
Should I remove the 3g symbol in the next build.
16th November 2012, 04:59 PM |#53  
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Actually you could try to add a501 support and 3G icon would be fine then
18th November 2012, 08:44 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 500

More
I noticed on github you recently implemented ntfs-3g. I would like to port this to the g-tablet, and was wondering if the R/W was functional or not ready yet. it appears as though it should work.
19th November 2012, 01:59 PM |#55  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeyedjedi

I noticed on github you recently implemented ntfs-3g. I would like to port this to the g-tablet, and was wondering if the R/W was functional or not ready yet. it appears as though it should work.

I have tried with the A500, but I have something wrong. It may work on your device.
19th November 2012, 09:49 PM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 500

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsports

I have tried with the A500, but I have something wrong. It may work on your device.

NO, Im workin on it. If i could get the read-only ntfs first, it would help, not much difference between our devices. I will surely let you know if I figure it out, hope you'll do the same

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Do you know where the source is for either an A200 or A500?? my buddy's A200 has read/write ntfs stock, and read only on the cm10 build I installed, which I think is yours, but with A200 device files.
19th November 2012, 11:14 PM |#57  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Tried this yesterday, looks good and UI seemed nice and quick.

BUT like every recent CM10 build, the SoD's make it unusable. Soon as it goes into standby/screen off that's it. Have to force power off and reboot, every single time.

There is something in the CM10 code base causing it or making it worse, both of these have done the exact same thing:
CM10 Jellytime - The Return - R3
CM10 JellyBean 4.1.2 Unofficial for acer a500 [Build 2]

But my fallback is a really old WSD CyanogenMod 10 Preview build from August which only does the SOD randomly rather than every single time.

Might be time to bin this damn thing and get another 10" tablet.
20th November 2012, 03:37 AM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-

Tried this yesterday, looks good and UI seemed nice and quick.

BUT like every recent CM10 build, the SoD's make it unusable. Soon as it goes into standby/screen off that's it. Have to force power off and reboot, every single time.

There is something in the CM10 code base causing it or making it worse, both of these have done the exact same thing:
CM10 Jellytime - The Return - R3
CM10 JellyBean 4.1.2 Unofficial for acer a500 [Build 2]

But my fallback is a really old WSD CyanogenMod 10 Preview build from August which only does the SOD randomly rather than every single time.

Might be time to bin this damn thing and get another 10" tablet.

The SoD issue maybe something to do with one of the early suspend/resume routines in the driver. Enable debugging in the earlysuspend base file and see which driver is causing the SoD.
21st November 2012, 02:12 AM |#59  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosmith

Enable debugging in the earlysuspend base file and see which driver is causing the SoD.

Do you mean running a logcat via USB debugging when the device experiences a SoD?
21st November 2012, 07:51 AM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsports

Screenshort 2

PJ, I have rebuilt your rom from sources yesterday, ROM is quite smooth for real life usage, but I get way bellow these benchmark results (around 2800).
Can you specify the conditions you used to get these ? (I just overclocked to 1.2, no change in governor/io scheduler).
24th November 2012, 02:07 PM |#61  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlk0

PJ, I have rebuilt your rom from sources yesterday, ROM is quite smooth for real life usage, but I get way bellow these benchmark results (around 2800).
Can you specify the conditions you used to get these ? (I just overclocked to 1.2, no change in governor/io scheduler).

I have customized sqlite, so get more score.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)