[ROM][JellyBean][4.1.2]Unofficial Slim Bean (Infuse4G)(updated 3.0.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vitaminwater

Sep 16, 2010
any suggestions on how I can get an APN to save? APN's do not show up after it boots, and it does not allow me to save an APN.

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
any suggestions on how I can get an APN to save? APN's do not show up after it boots, and it does not allow me to save an APN.

I don't have my sim in right now...so I can't really verify anything at the moment...but make sure your imei is still there, and make sure you flashed the slim gapps (I've heard of people not being able to change the APN until they flashed gapps)

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

vitaminwater

Sep 16, 2010
My IMEI is not there. I flashed gapps again just to be sure.

I initially flashed without the sim or external sd card present.

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
My IMEI is not there. I flashed gapps again just to be sure.

I initially flashed without the sim or external sd card present.

Flash cm10 and see if your imei pops up, if it does then reflash slimbean and you should be good.

If there is still no imei after flashing cm10 then you will have to go to stock and work your way back up...sorry :/

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
Anyone elses a torch not working?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Torch doesn't work...cm10s fix doesn't work as this torch works differently...cm10 torch relies on an app...and basically just has the shortcut to turn it on for status bar or power menu. Slimven however doesn't rely on an app

Its something slim team is still working on stabilizing

csandman1977

Oct 4, 2010
Been using the phone all weekend to surf the web and play some graphically intense games. Watched some movies and listened to some music. Rom is gliding along. Not a single reboot yet (it's only a matter of time with this phone) and all in all its sweet. Thanks very much mg!

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
are you aware of scott changing the camera back to 8MP mg2195

Yes I'm well aware...that should've been in 2.9...not sure why its not...I'll make sure its fixed in the next release...ave a strange feeling there gonna do something special...only cause its gonna be 3.0...I feel like they have to... o_O

Reactions: isaiahe97

isaiahe97

Aug 23, 2011
Minnesota

quatis7

May 18, 2012
Ladies and Gentlemen
I just want to say thank you for the fabulous ROM. Over the weekend I went from 2.5 to 2.9. All aspects of my phone are running better than ever. My bluetooth connection is super and doesnt miss at all-intitial connection was a bit squirrely but after a reboot it is seemless. I will add that on the 2.5 when I would receive a notification while listening to a podcast on Beyondpod, the notification would go off and interrrupt the podcast but then the podcast wouldnt come back. Now its perfect. Overall speed of every launcher I use (GO, ADW, Apex and Nemus) is spectacular. Gameplay is good but I dont really play any games that require serious speed and RAM so I am not a good authority on that. I guess I could go on and on but if this thing stays stable and doesnt randomly reboot, as teh 2.5 did, I will just stick with this.

On a side note Tweetcaster will not connect with Twitter. I have sent the OneLouder people an email. Is this because we are on 4.1.2 now? or is it just me?

quatis7

May 18, 2012
Ok now can someone tell me where my other 8-9 gb of space are?? see attached screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-14-19-50-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-14-19-50-07.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
Ok now can someone tell me where my other 8-9 gb of space are?? see attached screenshot

Hmmm...try unmounting and the remounting storage...seems like some kind of read error....

Edit: you can only mount and unmount SD cards...so try a reboot...or a wipe cache/dalvic cache in recovery...

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
I'll try and get 3.0 out tonight...hopefully with bln, if I cant get it working I can always release a bln compatible kernel later

Edit: OK, it is 5pm pacific time...I just finished editing the kernel to include bln support...hopefully I got everything, hopefully it doesn't cause any errors during compile, hopefully it doesn't introduce any bugs, and hopefully it just works :p

Anyways...due to my computer being slow and old you can expect the release tomorrow...

On a different note, I may be working at McDonalds soon (so think twice before you say people who work at McDonalds are low lives/dumb people :p) anyways...I'm gonna save my money and buy the parts to make a new PC...its gonna cost about $1200, but it will be able to compile from source with in a half hour compared to my current computers 3-4 hours lol -so with that said hopefully in a few months I'll have a much better computer and will be able to crank out updates much faster...not to mention experiment more as I won't have to wait hours just to test the ROM :)

Last edited:

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
I've been debating for a while...but I'm thinking about getting your guys opinions...

Currently I'm working on cm10 for the HTC Vivid and Slimbean for the infuse....this keeps me pretty busy as far as development goes....

Here's where my debate begins...I've been wanting to make my own custom ROM based off aosp...meaning its not a port its something brand new. The problem is is I can't seem to fit the time in to actually get it started :/ so I've been thinking about dropping support for slimbean after 3.0, but I don't really wanna leave you guys hanging....I was thinking it could just be a temporary thing while I get my aosp ROM up and running and then once that's up I can pick up again with slimbean again. Or, I'd be willing to let someone else take over development...I've pretty much got it setup where all you have to do now is repo sync, but of course there are a few extra steps with each upgrade...but they are easy.

So is anyone up for taking over slim? Or should I just put this port on hold? Or should I just stick with porting slim?

Regardless of the decision I'll have 3.0 of tomorrow, I had a compile error that was simple to fix as it was just caused by a new overlay that isn't supported by aosp/slim (expanded desktop...which by the wah was already included in 2.9 so it should still be there for 3.0)

Edit: also, if someone else takes over....then they may apply for official status...something I wasn't given due to me working on cm10 for the vivid

csandman1977

Oct 4, 2010
You have done so much for us mg. Do what you feel like you need to do. Just don't forget us down the road when you have your very own rom, give us a taste!

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
Lol, the aosp ROM I'm referring to is gong to be made for the infuse :p

Anyways, looks like I'll be handing this off to Faux...gonna pm him with more info tomorrow, I'm currently running 3.0 and will release tomorrow...we finally have a working torch :p the cm fix from a while ago didn't work for us because slim handles torch differently...thank the slim team for fixing it not me...as for bln, the bln app from playstore is recognizing bln support or something...but its not working...it will require more debugging probably....

Anyways...good night everyone :)

kruuth

Oct 23, 2010
This is going ot sound really strange, but All of a sudden data just up and stopped working. I'm able to dial phone numbers, get text messages, etc with no problem. My IMEI is not corrupted and I have an IP address. Is there something going on? I didn't touch APN settings or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo2.png

Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
    2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
    3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
    4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Flash them in the order described.

Dpi etc are usual Slim stuff.

Changelog/Download:

For the latest changelog/download like go here

Currently all source are from source.android.com

Support via thanks or donate button. Please don't fill up the thread with "this is great" etc. Just hit thanks button. Cheers.

Credits are fully described here

DOWNLOAD:
    Slim-3.0.0
    slim gapps found here: Gapps and other add-ons

INSTRUCTIONS
    wipe data/factory rest
    wipe cach
    wipe dalvic cache
    format system under mounts and storage
    make sure system is mounted under mounts and storage
    flash 3.0
    flash slim_gapps

Other Info
    -compiled from slim Rom source with a few add ons/edits to add support for the Infuse...this is not a zip port (not done using the method in my porting tutorial)
    -This is MTD, you should be able to come from any jb Rom with ease...and if your on ics it should convert you. I do not suggest coming from gingerbread or froyo

Credits/thanks
    -krarvind ...if you like this rom, buy him a drink...he did all the hard work
    -scott.hart.bti and all who worked on CM10 ...made Jellybean a stable reality for us
    -dastin1015 and the people of this thread [Tutorial] Compile JB on Ubuntu ...Helped me through my process of learning how to build from source
    -Yuma75 ...although it wasn’t needed for this, showed me how to fix touch for pure AOSP
    -Did i forget anyone??? let me know...don’t want to leave anybody out
    Screenshots
    Official changelog here : http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/changelog Anything there for the I9000/GalaxyS varients should be present in our infuse build

My changelog:
    9-21-12
    Updated to 2.5.0

9-17-12
    Updated to slim 2.4.0
    Switched to Scott.hart.bti's device and kernel source

9/6/12
    First Release!
    I'll try and get 3.0 out tonight...hopefully with bln, if I cant get it working I can always release a bln compatible kernel later

Edit: OK, it is 5pm pacific time...I just finished editing the kernel to include bln support...hopefully I got everything, hopefully it doesn't cause any errors during compile, hopefully it doesn't introduce any bugs, and hopefully it just works :p

Anyways...due to my computer being slow and old you can expect the release tomorrow...

On a different note, I may be working at McDonalds soon (so think twice before you say people who work at McDonalds are low lives/dumb people :p) anyways...I'm gonna save my money and buy the parts to make a new PC...its gonna cost about $1200, but it will be able to compile from source with in a half hour compared to my current computers 3-4 hours lol -so with that said hopefully in a few months I'll have a much better computer and will be able to crank out updates much faster...not to mention experiment more as I won't have to wait hours just to test the ROM :)