[MOD]Droid X2 SD Storage flip-flop - SD 2 Internal/Internal 2 SD (Updated 8/22/2011)

Search This thread

grnsl2

Just wondering if using this causes some apps to not function right unless you uninstall and or re-install. Also does this cause apps like Titanium and etc. to not be able to restore a backup?

I have seen where installing applications to an external card causes widgets not to be available but I've never seen a problem using this flip. Probably due to the fact that it makes the phone think its internal memory.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

corymk

Nov 28, 2009
Just wanted to let you know that I did exactly what you said. I reversed the sdcard and sdcard-ext and now it views my removable sd card as internal,so again, thanks!!

~Terri

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Remember to hit the "Thanks" button when someone helps you!

It does not with for the Bionic, I tried it.

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

All you need to do it edit the Vold.fstab
switch sdcard with sdcard-ext
and sdcard-ext to sdcard

Yes, it does work. I did it on my Bionic successfully as well.

primetechv2

Nov 5, 2010
This flashable zip has helped me greatly; however, you may want to reconsider two minor things.

1) Your mirrors are a little dated-- MultiUpload no longer exists, for example. I do like Mediafire, though.
2) The names of these two files make it unclear what exactly is happening; because internal becomes external, and external becomes internal, "SD to Int" and "Int to SD" sound like they're the same zip. I downloaded both, and have sometimes had to flash, reboot, flash, and reboot because I've applied the wrong one :p

Reactions: Beanerman

jeff5347

Feb 29, 2012
Mass
just flashed the zip that states it fixes the sd to read correctly. Now my x2 sits on the big red M. I let it sit for 2 minutes or so and nothing. WOnt boot up. Did i do something wrong?

dragonzkiller

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2011
Wouldn't You Like To Know?
It could be a multiple number of things, but keep in mind that this thread hasn't been updated in a year now. This mod will not work on any AOSP based ROMs such as CM, AOKP, or PA. Not sure about eclipse, but this is a dead thread and should be left as is.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Droid X2 SD Storage Flip-Flop

So what is a SD storage flip-flop? Basically what this mod does is switch SD storage to internal storage, or internal storage to SD storage. Why is this beneficial? Well, on the Droid X2 in its stock form, your actual SD card (the one you put in the phone by hand) is not mounted in the "correct" file system space by default. This screws a lot of things up e.g. trying to install a Gameloft game which ends up installing on the internal MMC, or general system files getting stored on the internal MMC. This mod fixes that issue and puts everything on your actual SD card like usual. Technically, the internal MMC is faster to access than your SD card, so it makes sense why Motorola made it this way, but from a user standpoint it doesn't make much sense, at least, to me.

This can be flashed in BSR recovery. To check if it works, look at your SD storage menu in your Settings. If they flip after flashing the ZIP, it works.

WARNING: This will switch your SD card configuration. Your SD Storage will become your Internal Storage if you flash the zip. You can return to a "normal" configuration by flashing the second links. If you do a factory data reset, REMEMBER that your SD card configuration has been flipped, since there are check boxes allowing you to format your SD card / internal storage - Choose the right one! Also, there are general BLUR application settings that might need to be changed e.g. Blur Camera storage area. Just remember that the storage terminology will be flipped.

Apps2SD FIX Update 8/22/2011 - fixed bug with apps2sd feature

SD storage 2 internal storage
    Install this to make your SD card mount in the "right" place

DOWNLOAD: http://www.multiupload.com/5NP2UML0QM
    MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/?av1ihnag7yzcaim

Internal storage 2 SD storage
    Install this to return to a "like stock" configuration.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.multiupload.com/ZQPIDP6GV0
    MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/?tx0micqr4x54wbt
    This is something that has bothered me since day 1 of owning an X, thank you so much for this!

Yeah it really bothered me too. I was trying to install games to test out the Tegra chip (since it is so awesome), and it kept downloading everything to the phone. Kind of silly, there is only 4gb free there, and one game could be 1gb. That doesn't make much sense. So here we are :eek:
    Updated SD 2 Internal download links. If you are using this mod then please re-download for the app2sd fix. There was a bug where if you moved an app to sd card it would break on reboot. Now apps move to internal MMC but data is read from the SD card. Best of both worlds :)

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

I used this mod when I had my Droid X2, and I was wondering if there is any way you could do this for the Droid Bionic? I could provide you with the vold.fstab from my Bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App

and sdcard-ext to sdcard

and sdcard-ext to sdcard

Just wanted to let you know that I did exactly what you said. I reversed the sdcard and sdcard-ext and now it views my removable sd card as internal,so again, thanks!!

~Terri

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Remember to hit the "Thanks" button when someone helps you!