Hardware ID Missing after rooting......

Search This thread

glen4cindy

Jun 9, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Hello.

I used the Toolkit to root my Note 2, and I had to use option 4 on the rooting menu, Install Custom Recovery, Install via Recovery to get it to work. I tried several times via the Odin tool and Twrp recovery, and the phone kept booting into Android Recovery instead of Twrp recovery.

I finally used Odin to flash back to stock ROM that I got here, but, along the way, even though the Toolkit was able to connect to my Note 2, I get the Hardware ID missing, and I cannot connect to it any longer like I could after I installed the initial drivers.

Anything I can do and stay rooted?

Reactions: ceabbott2

ceabbott2

Jul 15, 2010
Henderson, KY
Ditto

I have the same problem.
Changing ports and restarting in most cases didn't help and only in few cases I managed to access files on the phone via USB.

Any other suggestion how to solve this?

Hello.

I used the Toolkit to root my Note 2, and I had to use option 4 on the rooting menu, Install Custom Recovery, Install via Recovery to get it to work. I tried several times via the Odin tool and Twrp recovery, and the phone kept booting into Android Recovery instead of Twrp recovery.

I finally used Odin to flash back to stock ROM that I got here, but, along the way, even though the Toolkit was able to connect to my Note 2, I get the Hardware ID missing, and I cannot connect to it any longer like I could after I installed the initial drivers.

I was able to gain root back using the toolkit. I flashed stock rom image I believe the ROM from the factory then flashed back stock recovery. Went back in after I updated and re-rooted to flash the triangle away. Now I need to unroot and after speaking with Sprint Rep on phone and trying a few things they advised me to take it to store to let them try it. I believe ALL of my problems started when I tried to use Mobile Odin Pro to flash the latest update to LJC (should I have been on stock recovery?). It started to flash then stopped and went into CWM recovery which is the recovery that the toolkit flashed. I for some strange reason was going to flash the update from there except I didn't have it in the right place on my sd card (couldn't access it GOD I'm a Dumbass!). God help me cause I'm too stupid to even understand what side loading is let alone how to do it. If some kind soul would take pity on me and pm me I could get a handle on the differences between HTC and Samsung. Anyway need to unroot now. Oh I keep seeing in the flash counter saying 1 but I'm on stock rom with stock kernel and stock recovery how do I get it to zero. Using triangle away. Anyway to check counter with stock recovery?

OH yeah does anyone keep getting "Internal Error Code 1500" in addition to the hardware id is missing?

Thanks to everyone that takes time to help idiots like me. I promise I CAN learn.

Charles

Last edited:

ceabbott2

Jul 15, 2010
Henderson, KY
Could you walk me through your fix?

Just to report that for now I've found woraround. I've installed old drivers 1.4.103.0 and now both Kies and file access works.
Still looking for final solution with latest drivers.

Hi dstenc,

Would you be so kind as too help me do what you did? I don't have kies on my pc, did you get the old drivers from the s3 forum? I would love to give it a shot.

Thanks for any help

Charles

dstenc

Feb 1, 2008
Zagreb
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Hi dstenc,

Would you be so kind as too help me do what you did? I don't have kies on my pc, did you get the old drivers from the s3 forum? I would love to give it a shot.

Thanks for any help

Charles

I don't remember link. I googled so you might try that way.
Just FYI, even with older drivers I have sporadic Hardware ID Missing error, but far too less than with the latest version.

wascapsfan

Account currently disabled
Mar 28, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I'm posting this to keep it to the top of this board.
This is my second Note 2 in 2 weeks. I returned the first one because it stated Hardware ID missing, so within my first 2 weeks Sprint gave me a new one thinking that it was my phone. While at the Sprint store, and not yet rooted, we installed the unit and removed the unit 15 times to see if we could get it to have the Missing Hardware ID to pop up, it DIDN'T pop up once, so I thought I was good to go.
I came home and did the common root method that uses Galaxy Note 2 Toolbox. I IMMEDIATELY started getting the Missing Hardware ID again.
So now that we have it localized, what could be missing or creating a problem from the root procedure from the Galaxy Note Toolbox 2???
What I find really strange is that many are not experiencing this problem or they are just living with it.
I even tried the USB Switcher that appeared to install and does switch between Mass Storage and MTP, but although my PC makes the upward noise that sounds like it is installing and recognizing the USB Mass Storage, it doesn't end up recognizing it. It was ZATTA's build but he said it didn't work for his Galaxy 3 or Note 2 either.
Will anyone find a cure????
This will be no fun to have to deal with for the next 2 years.

Chime in PLEASE!!!!!! Even if it's only to insult me, I don't care if you have a cure.

Regards
Dave

if you do Google search, it's a known issue. From what I read, it's a driver issue. Some have had luck using the older Samsung USB drivers. You have downloand them, and install, and have your PC completely disconnected from the internet before plugging in your GN2 after the install. Appaarently the drivers on Microsoft's servers are bad; may be the wrong device.

I've done this, and still have the issue. I just find I don't have plug and unplug the USB cable as much.

What I have seen, the PC does connect to the GN2. It just doesn't recognize it as a storage device. It wants to use it as a modem, probably from the tethering capabilities with a USB OTG cable.

It may not be so much that it's not wide spread, but more that not everyone uses the GN2 as storage device or connects it their PC.

knightfox

Nov 26, 2008
I dont think this is all due to Windows issue. This is what i notice before and after root.
If you have restore to Original Stock ROM, you will notice that your device doesnt encounter this issue.
If you have rooted your device Custom ROM or Flash CMW (this resulted as Binary Counter increased), you would have Hardware Missing Id issue. Somehow the MTP is not working.
If you have Flash your device with a pre rooted stock rom, there is no issue at all until you flash CMW where flashing increase counter.

How i notice this, i have root/unroot my device like 20 times since i got my device.

The issue is here is more of where Binary Counter Increase, in Windows 7 you would face Hardware ID Missing issue. Restart and connect to other USB port will not work.
Some how we need to no let the Binary Counter changed and Triangle Away is only useful if you want to return you device to original state.

ceabbott2

Jul 15, 2010
Henderson, KY
I dont think this is all due to Windows issue. This is what i notice before and after root.
If you have restore to Original Stock ROM, you will notice that your device doesnt encounter this issue.
If you have rooted your device Custom ROM or Flash CMW (this resulted as Binary Counter increased), you would have Hardware Missing Id issue. Somehow the MTP is not working.
If you have Flash your device with a pre rooted stock rom, there is no issue at all until you flash CMW where flashing increase counter.

How i notice this, i have root/unroot my device like 20 times since i got my device.

The issue is here is more of where Binary Counter Increase, in Windows 7 you would face Hardware ID Missing issue. Restart and connect to other USB port will not work.
Some how we need to no let the Binary Counter changed and Triangle Away is only useful if you want to return you device to original state.

Yep I think you may be on to something. Because when I rooted I tried both TWRP and CWM and then I had to go back to stock to get to apply the LJC update. Ever since I have had the chameleon error and Handsfree activation issues. Oh my counter always says 1 and I can't remove it with triangle away. I think it says custom binary yes and the counter says 1. I am using a laptop with Windows 7 and it now recognizes the device just can't stop the errors on start up.

Charles

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello.

Change usb ports or restart your device. Mine did it last night and I fixed it by doing both..
    I have the same problem.
    Changing ports and restarting in most cases didn't help and only in few cases I managed to access files on the phone via USB.

Any other suggestion how to solve this?
    Just to report that for now I've found woraround. I've installed old drivers 1.4.103.0 and now both Kies and file access works.
    Still looking for final solution with latest drivers.
    Hi dstenc,

Thanks for any help

Charles

I don't remember link. I googled so you might try that way.
    Just FYI, even with older drivers I have sporadic Hardware ID Missing error, but far too less than with the latest version.