CWM to 4ext

Search This thread

Bdozier

Feb 26, 2012
A Galaxy Far, Far Away
I have been encouraged to install 4ext, but being a noob, I don't know how to remove cwm and install 4ext. Is it a matter of downloading the new recovery program and installing and letting it overwrite or do I have to remove cwm first?

Thanks!

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

banccalif

Feb 9, 2011
LOS ANGELES
Also, I used the HTC dev method to unlock so I am still s-on. Is that an issue with this project?

It's not an issue just download the app and when it runs it will ask if you're s-on then flash the 4ext overwriting cwm. Then your all set. It can flash kernels making fast boot or flash gui obsolete

Sent from my MeanAss 3D

Reactions: Bdozier

anderuc

Jul 10, 2012
yes it will over write cwm and you can theme it out madmaxx is the man check it out you want be sorry

Sorry i am a nood but after i install 4ext using the updated, my recovery still look like cwm. I installed 4ext touch but it never appear as such. Please help. I am s-on and htcdev unlock.

edit: i use manual recovery flashing through fastboot and solved this. thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It overwrites . Just run the 4ext updater app
    Also, I used the HTC dev method to unlock so I am still s-on. Is that an issue with this project?

It's not an issue just download the app and when it runs it will ask if you're s-on then flash the 4ext overwriting cwm. Then your all set. It can flash kernels making fast boot or flash gui obsolete

Sent from my MeanAss 3D