20th November 2012, 10:55 AM |#3031  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifex21

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1073000
You'll find everything here...

Thanks!
It's not that easy, unfortunately. I had 10.5, flashed g3mod and used KMapp to activate app2sd.
Then I updated to 10.6 with CM-kernel, which worked fine.

How exactly to switch to g3mod now? If I flash that kernel, my phone boots with most of the apps missing, and some other not working. Leaves my with no KMapp, Titanium, Rootexplorer... If I manage to put the script in the respective folder, will everything be back after reboot?
Do I still need to wipe? I already have a correctly set up app2sd partition already on the SD card... phone just needs to recognize it...

I am a bit confused^^

20th November 2012, 12:40 PM |#3032  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 52

More
which kernel?
Which kernel or kernels are best for Kyrillos 10.6? Or flashing Kyrillos 9.7.1 with g3 mod OC or fugumod ultra is better solution?
20th November 2012, 08:38 PM |#3033  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
is someone currently working on the improvement of 10.6 with cyanogen port?
21st November 2012, 12:23 AM |#3034  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 157

More
We are waiting for sebastien to release alpha 9. Then you can expect kyrillos to update his rom

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artifex21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift artifex21 Ad-Free
21st November 2012, 02:19 PM |#3035  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 136

More
How do i disable bln on kyrillos 9.7.1..?
22nd November 2012, 10:07 AM |#3036  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I hope the new CM alpha will also feature a worked-over kernel.
The new kernel that comes with 10.6 annoys me. Not only is whereismydroidpower showing stupid readings, overall performance seems to be worse that with the 10.5/g3mod combination.
24th November 2012, 07:22 AM |#3037  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
flashing rom
while flashing in the boot menu it says cannot mount /dev/block/ (or null) .

also cannot mount the update.zip

can you please help me out for this?

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

while installing the rom,in the boot menu it pops up wid an error screaming cannot mount /dev/block (or null)
and cannot mount E:\ update.zip.
(i went through the rom manager procedure)
what should be the problem?
25th November 2012, 09:24 AM |#3038  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi,

I flash my SG3 with the 9.6 ROM and i want too update too 9.7 ROM. But i want too keep the wallpaper installed in the 9.6 ROM.
Where is the file ?
26th November 2012, 10:18 AM |#3039  
Flag You don't wanna know.....
Thanks Meter: 9,657

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalite-Iruka

Hi,

I flash my SG3 with the 9.6 ROM and i want too update too 9.7 ROM. But i want too keep the wallpaper installed in the 9.6 ROM.
Where is the file ?

you can find it here: in system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable/default_wallpaper

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by help_em_up

while flashing in the boot menu it says cannot mount /dev/block/ (or null) .

also cannot mount the update.zip

can you please help me out for this?

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

while installing the rom,in the boot menu it pops up wid an error screaming cannot mount /dev/block (or null)
and cannot mount E:\ update.zip.
(i went through the rom manager procedure)
what should be the problem?

You should use CWM that comes with kernel....Rom Manager will give you a headache for sure as our (my ex g3) it is not supported by Rom Manager....so try again via CWM/Recovery....

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martialaw

Thanks!
It's not that easy, unfortunately. I had 10.5, flashed g3mod and used KMapp to activate app2sd.
Then I updated to 10.6 with CM-kernel, which worked fine.

How exactly to switch to g3mod now? If I flash that kernel, my phone boots with most of the apps missing, and some other not working. Leaves my with no KMapp, Titanium, Rootexplorer... If I manage to put the script in the respective folder, will everything be back after reboot?
Do I still need to wipe? I already have a correctly set up app2sd partition already on the SD card... phone just needs to recognize it...

I am a bit confused^^

Well either way you'll need to make a data wipe....because scripts are different..if you want to go to g3mod kernel...just flash it/wipe data/dalvik cahe....and before doing all this you need to delete app2sd script from: system/etc/init.d/*....BTW...as far as i remember g3mod has indegrated Hybriddata2sd in kernel itself so you don't need any other script....this means that after you flash g3mod(i believe 2.5 is the last one) and make a data wipe...your sd-ext partition which is recommended to be in ext4 filesystem format wil be mounted automagically at startup...but at first boot it will look like you are stuck at g3mod logo...so give him enough time to boot up
The Following User Says Thank You to m1trand1r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m1trand1r Ad-Free
26th November 2012, 10:24 AM |#3040  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkoby13

you can find it here: in system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable/default_wallpaper

Thanks for the file path.
But it's not the right path. The good one is system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable-ldpi/default_wallpaper.jpg
2nd December 2012, 02:43 PM |#3041  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Update
hello! when we can expect a new update of GB Kyrillos?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)