[Q] Cyanogen Mod 9 for HTC Rezound S-ON

Search This thread

owensmomie

Sep 18, 2012
I would like to download CM9 for my HTC Rezound S-ON. I have read through the Mega thread dedicated to it ( [ROMs][10/1/2012] CyanogenMod 9 [MEGATHREAD][CDMA] ) and have downloaded the CM9 zip and GAPPS zip but when I go to download the S-ON boot.img it says that it has either been removed or moved. I read through the entire thread and there was one update done but that download also has been removed. Without this download I cannot get CM9.

Could someone please let me know if I am misunderstanding this thread or provide me with the proper place to download it from. I am new to XDA however, my phone is rooted and flashed recovery Arom RA and I previously had an HTC Incredible rooted, flashed and had CM7.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.I can tell by the threads and posts the time and work that the developers take when creating these different ROMS.

Thank you

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
I would like to download CM9 for my HTC Rezound S-ON. I have read through the Mega thread dedicated to it ( [ROMs][10/1/2012] CyanogenMod 9 [MEGATHREAD][CDMA] ) and have downloaded the CM9 zip and GAPPS zip but when I go to download the S-ON boot.img it says that it has either been removed or moved. I read through the entire thread and there was one update done but that download also has been removed. Without this download I cannot get CM9.

Could someone please let me know if I am misunderstanding this thread or provide me with the proper place to download it from. I am new to XDA however, my phone is rooted and flashed recovery Arom RA and I previously had an HTC Incredible rooted, flashed and had CM7.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.I can tell by the threads and posts the time and work that the developers take when creating these different ROMS.

Thank you

Take the boot.img that is inside the cm9 .zip you downloaded and flash it in HBOOT with fastboot

Last edited:
Reactions: owensmomie

platinumthomas

Sep 2, 2010
Nexus 6
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Like Fly wrote, extract the boot.img from the cm9.zip, then zip the boot.img and name it PH98IMG. Place the PH98IMG.zip file on your SD card. Flash the ROM, then go into the bootloader and run fastboot.
Or, download CounterShrike, that's the only ROM that worked for me and S-on. You still have to go into the bootloader, but this ROM's installer places the file for you.

Reactions: owensmomie

owensmomie

Sep 18, 2012
Like Fly wrote, extract the boot.img from the cm9.zip, then zip the boot.img and name it PH98IMG. Place the PH98IMG.zip file on your SD card. Flash the ROM, then go into the bootloader and run fastboot.
Or, download CounterShrike, that's the only ROM that worked for me and S-on. You still have to go into the bootloader, but this ROM's installer places the file for you.

Thank you both very much for your quick responses. I thought that the file may be in the CM9 zip, but my husband said no and since he is the resident "tech genius" I listened to him. I cannot wait to flash this to my phone CM is my favorite ROM and I have missed it on my new rezound.

Again thank you for your help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you

Take the boot.img that is inside the cm9 .zip you downloaded and flash it in HBOOT with fastboot