FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android x86 tutorial

1,529 posts
Thanks Meter: 225
 
By Kaptinkrunk, Senior Member on 4th November 2012, 06:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st November 2012, 05:47 PM |#11  
sebouh00's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Thumbs up
I am writing this from Andorid on my laptop.

Very cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to sebouh00 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sebouh00 Ad-Free
21st November 2012, 05:54 PM |#12  
Kaptinkrunk's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag GastesOfHell
Thanks Meter: 225
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebouh00

I am confused.

I'm trying to download LiLi. I click on the download link here but it takes me here. Clicking the "Download LinuxLive USB Creator" in the second link takes me back to the first.

Am I not clicking the correct link?

Yes you are





Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEditionE6

Will this be Mac capable? Also, I am running Intel Centrino2, no support for us?

On that I have no idea I'm trying to get as many developers as I can to help out I'm about to try to compile a newer version if I can get my PC you repo everything it lost net last night and can't get it to restart or catch up idk what to do


Try beta 4 its your best bet

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaptinkrunk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kaptinkrunk Ad-Free
22nd November 2012, 01:29 AM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Thumbs up
Thank you so much for this guide and these links, i have installed android on my dell laptop and its working perfect, haven't tested everything but everything i have tested so far seems to work great.
22nd November 2012, 03:18 AM |#14  
shelby04861's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Nice job! Got it running on my laptop just fine. I wonder if it will work on my desktop?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121121_213829.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	1501533  
The Following User Says Thank You to shelby04861 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shelby04861 Ad-Free
22nd November 2012, 03:22 AM |#15  
Kaptinkrunk's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag GastesOfHell
Thanks Meter: 225
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby04861

Nice job! Got it running on my laptop just fine. I wonder if it will work on my desktop?

Beta 4 runs on my amd Asus machine but my wifi adapter doesnt. can anyone help me compile a recovery for computers

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
22nd November 2012, 11:18 PM |#16  
shelby04861's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
The WiFi is kinda weird but I haven't really looked into it too deep. It will not connect to my home WiFi network but it will to my neighbors and my cell phone. Go figure. I have been trying out different iso images from the many downloads but I can't fins one yet that will boot on my old dell dimensions 2400 desktop. One of the error messages that pops up is for the computer model check and of course it fails, among other things. If anyone knows of a download for an iso that will work on at least dell desktop computers, let me know.

If it's broken...beat it into submission until it works!
The Following User Says Thank You to shelby04861 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shelby04861 Ad-Free
23rd November 2012, 10:22 AM |#17  
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptinkrunk

Android x86

there are several developers working on this project there is a source for what they have so far, that said ill link in a sec. this is a tutoral of how ive managed to get this far in android x86 ive got most of root working on various builds let me state that i am using a acer aspire one 532h 2588! i am currently running RC2.1 by314


NEED HELP
I installed in the 5gb ext3 partition i created for the ICS, installed grub. But when I try to run it after installation, i end up with a static screen,

ok, linking youtube video doesnt work for me as well, so heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfH2zDcX0kA

anyone can help?

Also, it screwed up my Win7, wont allow me to boot, when i try to recover the Win7, the reboot process kept getting interrupted by GRUB, anyone can help me with that? Now I am without a computer.

Blue
23rd November 2012, 11:34 AM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thanks for sharing Android x86 tutorial for every android developers for better solution. I appreciate your way.
23rd November 2012, 12:59 PM |#19  
white-energy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 223
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEditionE6

NEED HELP
I installed in the 5gb ext3 partition i created for the ICS, installed grub. But when I try to run it after installation, i end up with a static screen,

ok, linking youtube video doesnt work for me as well, so heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfH2zDcX0kA

anyone can help?

Also, it screwed up my Win7, wont allow me to boot, when i try to recover the Win7, the reboot process kept getting interrupted by GRUB, anyone can help me with that? Now I am without a computer.

Blue

Try booting a Win7 Setup DVD, then hit repair and proceed with following what shows your on screen.
23rd November 2012, 01:56 PM |#20  
Quote:
Originally Posted by white-energy

Try booting a Win7 Setup DVD, then hit repair and proceed with following what shows your on screen.

It wont let me repair, since repair requires reboot, but then GRUB kicks in everytime i reboot, therefore stuck. I popped in the cd and reinstalled Windows.... but lost every program,

this is a bit off topic, but how can i restore everything from my old win7 to my new win7? I tried using the comand prompt in the recovery page, but the programs are still missing, tried just copy and pasting from windows.old folder to current windows folder, no luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Y_Yan_C For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Y_Yan_C Ad-Free
23rd November 2012, 03:57 PM |#21  
Kaptinkrunk's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag GastesOfHell
Thanks Meter: 225
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEditionE6

It wont let me repair, since repair requires reboot, but then GRUB kicks in everytime i reboot, therefore stuck. I popped in the cd and reinstalled Windows.... but lost every program,

this is a bit off topic, but how can i restore everything from my old win7 to my new win7? I tried using the comand prompt in the recovery page, but the programs are still missing, tried just copy and pasting from windows.old folder to current windows folder, no luck.

You know I have no clue there I I ran into that problem I would reformat and start over but that's me, did you install the windows thing for grub? You can edit the grub menu but idk how either

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes