GTA: Vice City (Out Now - Video)

1,288 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,390

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd November 2012, 04:46 AM |#11  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 119

More
I just hope they do a MUCH better job with optimization. Both GTA3 and Max Payne had very poor optimization imo with GTA 3 not taking advantage of analog sticks and also requiring you to slide the device closed and use the touchscreen for sniping while Max Payne did take advantage of the sticks but the aiming was beyond imprecise; I didn't buy a phone with a game-pad to play a game with auto-aim enabled.
22nd November 2012, 07:26 AM |#12  
Flag On board Nebuchadnezzar.
Thanks Meter: 251

More
Anyone notice how the Xperia Play was listed among dual-core, if not quad-core phones, up there? Apparently it's the only phone on the list that has ****ty specs.
I suppose it's only to take advantage of the gamepad, regardless of how good the gameplay will be.

Deja vu (GTA3), anyone?
22nd November 2012, 08:04 AM |#13  
Flag Poland - Zgierz
Thanks Meter: 3,139

Donate to Me
More
Maybe Rockstar see potential in Play, which is good for us.

Sent from my X10i using xda premium
22nd November 2012, 08:14 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiKeJ

Shame Sony don't

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app
22nd November 2012, 08:50 AM |#15  
Flag Poland - Zgierz
Thanks Meter: 3,139

Donate to Me
More
Yeah, that's another story....But we can't say they didn't ever - some games was relased faster or specially for XPlay, and that's still very good gesture. But it should be still the same...

23rd November 2012, 11:26 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Really good news! Didn't have my hopes up on a release... But i wonder how the gameplay will turn out, remembering the ****ty graphics on gta 3. The Xplay is not really that powerfull
23rd November 2012, 11:49 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiKeJ

Yeah. In fact there are some adaptors to add gamepad support to actual smartphones, because real gamers want something more than a touch screen.

As example, Moga is quite awesome: http://www.powera.com/moga

I wonder why Sony, which is launching an absurd amount of devices, don't believe in the sucess of a new gaming phone.
27th November 2012, 07:06 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by narflynn619

Anyone notice how the Xperia Play was listed among dual-core, if not quad-core phones, up there? Apparently it's the only phone on the list that has ****ty specs.
I suppose it's only to take advantage of the gamepad, regardless of how good the gameplay will be.

Deja vu (GTA3), anyone?

hahaha seems right

but let's just hope rockstar release another version for xperia play which is runs more smooth on this device
27th November 2012, 10:44 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgtau

hahaha seems right

but let's just hope rockstar release another version for xperia play which is runs more smooth on this device

Guy's maybe it's just me but have you ever thought the X-Play was designed to be overclocked? Maybe that is one of the reasons it's still in the game. I've got no worries about Vice City running smoothly on my Play with very good graphics. And my SetCpu parameters nicely prevent my phone from the 'potential' danger of overheating. I think there will be a fair few more games yet...
27th November 2012, 10:46 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinn

Guy's maybe it's just me but have you ever thought the X-Play was designed to be overclocked? Maybe that is one of the reasons it's still in the game. I've got no worries about Vice City running smoothly on my Play with very good graphics. And my SetCpu parameters nicely prevent my phone from the 'potential' danger of overheating. I think there will be a fair few more games yet...

No phone is DESIGNED to be overclocked or it would of been sold at the overclocked speed but that said I can't wait to get this game!

Xperia-Play
NXT 1.3 LE
YNWA!
27th November 2012, 11:02 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeTheWayYouMove2

No phone is DESIGNED to be overclocked or it would of been sold at the overclocked speed but that said I can't wait to get this game!

Xperia-Play
NXT 1.3 LE
YNWA!

Haha, that's just you being technical and I love that about this site. Maybe a better word than 'designed' would be 'intended'(it's not exclusive by any means obviously and it does push the phone beyond its hardware safety points). All I'm saying is that there are a lot of games released that would no where near play smoothly on our devices unless we did and I'm sure developers have taken that into account concerning the exception that is the X-Play...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)