FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The AT&T Jelly Bean Release Thread (4.1.1 released; Kies and OTA)

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 435

By ikjadoon, Senior Member on 10th November 2012, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd November 2012, 04:54 PM |#291  
Flag New Tripoli
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by durrence

Someone said future updates will come through Kies and not OTA. When I connect my phone with a USB to my computer running Kies I get the following message:

"Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies.

Current firmware version:PDA:LH9/PHONE:LH9/CSC:LH9(ATT)"

How can I ever hope to update through Kies?

I am running Kies Version 2.5.0.12104_15 which I downloaded and installed this week.

You're not the only one who has gotten that message, it seems to be among many people (I included). I guess you (we) have to wait until a new version of Kies is released for that issue to be resolved.

22nd November 2012, 05:05 PM |#292  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Best buy sales carrier branded phones.

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app
22nd November 2012, 06:06 PM |#293  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
which version of Frosty is more developed? the att or the T-Mobile and change the APN settings?
22nd November 2012, 06:28 PM |#294  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ77

which version of Frosty is more developed? the att or the T-Mobile and change the APN settings?

I don't know about more developed, but the tmobile version has the most recent update. I am currently trying the aeonflux rom, real smooth.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
22nd November 2012, 06:48 PM |#295  
Flag Hillsborough
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markandmyia

Went to my local AT&T store ( corporate ) her in Denton, TX and was talking with the manager about price matching ...which he refused to do BTW... and in his sales pitch...he said that both the galaxy S3 and the note are " slated for the JB update in January". Hmmmmm.
Honestly...it didn't really brother me cause I am running black jelly ROM and it has been flawless. I could wait till Jan easily.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

As I've mentioned here before, it's amazing that a store manager would tell you that he knows when a firmware update would be available. He would absolutely not have access to that info. Let's face it, & I'm sure that most already know, we'll only know for a fact that an update is available when we get a text from AT&T or fire up Kies & find it there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
22nd November 2012, 09:45 PM |#296  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Rogers pushed the update to 'Early December'

Great going guys, at this rate, we will get 4.2 next December

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/11/22/ro...arly-december/
22nd November 2012, 10:02 PM |#297  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randun

As I've mentioned here before, it's amazing that a store manager would tell you that he knows when a firmware update would be available. He would absolutely not have access to that info. Let's face it, & I'm sure that most already know, we'll only know for a fact that an update is available when we get a text from AT&T or fire up Kies & find it there.

It was just a conversation I was passing along. I am leaning toward a AT&T store managers word that the update is "slated" vs. Yours that says " impossible" for a AT&T Store manager to know when his products software is slated for updates though.....just sayin'.

22nd November 2012, 11:34 PM |#298  
Flag Scranton, Pa.
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Yeah....I also received the same message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetikal

You're not the only one who has gotten that message, it seems to be among many people (I included). I guess you (we) have to wait until a new version of Kies is released for that issue to be resolved.

22nd November 2012, 11:56 PM |#299  
Flag Hillsborough

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markandmyia

It was just a conversation I was passing along. I am leaning toward a AT&T store managers word that the update is "slated" vs. Yours that says " impossible" for a AT&T Store manager to know when his products software is slated for updates though.....just sayin'.

By all means, no disrespect intended. I respect your thoughts just like any user here. My point was only to note that [email protected] corporate policy forbids any employee from releasing proprietary information or even speculating on any form of corporate information. That's all I meant to convey.

23rd November 2012, 12:11 AM |#300  

More
Maybe if I shove a actual jellybean in my usb port my phone will update itself.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to corey_r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corey_r Ad-Free
23rd November 2012, 12:18 AM |#301  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yea my cousin came over for thanksgiving, and he has an S3 on the sprint network, I data cleared and force stopped his google service framework ONCE and reset his phone and he got jellybean, I'm SO jealous.. and he doesn't hardly know what it is -_-.. never heard of jellybean before.. UGH.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)