nexus has LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
So...did anyone with an AT&T LTE SIM and plan APN tried this? Rogers and Bell work on the same frequencies as AT&T for LTE.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

adfad666

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
Lets just hope it's not a 'production error' and the LTE hardware doesn't really get removed in a later revision...

TonyHoyle

Mar 2, 2009
Manchester
Makes me wonder whether to take the hit and get one from a shop rather than wait... A hardware change would suck..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dagamer34

Nov 23, 2012
So...did anyone with an AT&T LTE SIM and plan APN tried this? Rogers and Bell work on the same frequencies as AT&T for LTE.

It's not going to work with AT&T because they haven't rolled out LTE in AWS yet (and show no signs of doing so anytime soon). Your best bet is to wait for T-Mobile to roll out AWS LTE in 6-8 months (assuming you are in a lucky launch market anyway).

mqguitar

Nov 25, 2009
Miami, FL
This is pretty insane...I would love to know how this would end up working on AT&T? It all does seem possible though because the Optimus G on ATT has LTE and this is in all essence the same phone :D

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
It's not going to work with AT&T because they haven't rolled out LTE in AWS yet (and show no signs of doing so anytime soon). Your best bet is to wait for T-Mobile to roll out AWS LTE in 6-8 months (assuming you are in a lucky launch market anyway).

All the Canadian carriers are 700/1700mhz not 700/2100mhz. At&t is also 700/1700mhz.

funkyblue04

Dec 15, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
All the Canadian carriers are 700/1700mhz not 700/2100mhz. At&t is also 700/1700mhz.

The chip is suppose to support seven bands. (IE ALL worldwide LTE bands.)

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nexus+4+Teardown/11781/3

Qualcomm WTR1605L Seven-Band 4G LTE chip

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...multiple-multiple-lte-bands-carrier-networks/

Some hacking might get this thing to work in other parts.

(Particularly the 1800mhz band is needed to work in Europe/Australia)

Radukk

Jul 25, 2010
I will stop by AT&T store for LTE microSIM tomorrow (LTE labeled data plan on account, not working on N4 for now)

Hope it work :D

inh

Jan 15, 2011
I haven't looked in to it but I suspect the reason it only works on band 4 is due to the existing antenna/amplifier configuration that's already in place.

Girn

Dec 20, 2009
Anyone notice there reception goes down quite a bit on lte? I guess no way around that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have managed to get LTE to stick as the default without needing to factory reset the phone.

First of all you need to modify the build.prop file and add this this line:
    Code:
    telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
    You may need to remove a line that says:
    Code:
    telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0

After doing this reset the Nexus 4.

After it restarts go into Settings, More..., Mobile networks.

A new menu option should exist called Network Mode. In this menu you can pick the default mode and change between then.

This should stick between reboots without needing to factory reset the phone. This will need to be done again when flashing a new rom as it will overwrite the build.prop file. This was all tested on CM10.1 nightly builds.
    Ok, ok. Somebody, now find that hidden SD slot !!!!!!!!!!
    Woot! I demand infinity thankyous!

Just kidding of course, but I assume you put in the 9? If so, then all the lines you need to add in build.prop are:

telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
    ro.telephony.default_network=9
    ro.ril.def.preferred.network=9

...followed by a factory reset of your device
    See attached screenshots.

Video is now live and up and running! Vid is a walkthrough for 5 mins about how I got it to work. Enjoy :)

Nexus 4 has LTE!!