[MOD] Remove Ongoing Wifi Notification

Search This thread

x3demond3x

Jul 20, 2011
Heres a mod to remove the Ongoing Wifi Notification. You have to be unlocked and have a custom recovery.

Step 1 : Download

Step 2: Flash via Recovery

Step 3: Reboot and Enjoy!

Thanks to dsb9938 for his flashable zip!

fdaoau.png

Last edited:

two_cents

Mar 23, 2009
I just dug into the menu finally and am just happy that it lets me get rid of that annoying screen that pops up every time I open an app... And it takes off auto Wi-Fi also
dy9ejehy.jpg

Sent from my HTC DNA

17akota

Sep 11, 2010
State College
I just got unlock, recovery and root and came straight here to be happy and flash this, then disappointed by a file not found message.... :'(

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

dot45

Oct 9, 2009
I ran this followed by the debloat (v3) script, and now I have no htc widgets.
I have attached an undo for the wifi notification removal, although it has not fixed my widgets issue.

Attachments

• wifinotificationremover_undo.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
Thanks, I really don't like wasting space on information I don't want or need :) This worked great, and right up my ally... nice and easy :)

WorldOfJohnboy

Mar 23, 2011
Syracuse
I ran this followed by the debloat (v3) script, and now I have no htc widgets.
I have attached an undo for the wifi notification removal, although it has not fixed my widgets issue.

There was an earlier version of the De-Bloat script that removed ShowMe.apk,.odex and HTC_Widget_ShowMe.apk,.odex which causes the HTC widgets to be hidden from adding them. Sounds like you may have run the earlier version. I recommend first try flashing the "Fix" zip file on that post, and if still nothing, post in that thread, the Dev that made the script is really responsive and can likely help you out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres a mod to remove the Ongoing Wifi Notification. You have to be unlocked and have a custom recovery.

Step 1 : Download

Step 2: Flash via Recovery

Step 3: Reboot and Enjoy!

Thanks to dsb9938 for his flashable zip!

fdaoau.png
    EDIT:
    Here is the modified APK from the 3.06.605.4 ROM here which has the notification taken out. -- Download
    Just flash it over with the command above and you're good :) Or someone could throw this into a script; I don't know how to do that...

Here's a flashable zip for the above file.

EDIT: fixed file is up. tested and working.
    So seeing how the new OTA came out I wasnt sure if the old file would work on the new OTA so I updated the wifi removal

This is from the OTA and it removes the Ongoing Wifi in the status bar:

I would not recommend using this with the old base

I used the .zip portion from the OP but the .apk I edited myself.
    Let me know if there are any issues
    Any chance this can be updated for 3.05?

It's the same process as outlined in pages 3-4 in the thread.

Open up
    Code:
    framework/framework-htc-res.apk
    with something like WinRAR, and delete the following:

Code:
    stat_sys_wifi_signal_0.png (for "no wifi signal in range")
    stat_sys_wifi_signal_4.png (for "connected to wifi")
    stat_notify_wifi_in_range.png (for "wifi signal in range")
    stat_sys_wifi_signal_off.png (for "wifi is off")

out of the res/drawable folders (xhdpi, xxhdpi, etc.) and you're all good.

If you do this after you've already flashed the ROM, you'll just need to flash the modified APK with adb:

Code:
    adb push C:\path-to-file\framework-htc-res.apk /system/framework/framework-htc-res.apk

EDIT:
    Here is the modified APK from the 3.06.605.4 ROM here which has the notification taken out. -- Download
    Just flash it over with the command above and you're good :) Or someone could throw this into a script; I don't know how to do that...