FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Hipstreet TITAN HS-7DTB4-4GB Tablet - Proper Rooting, Market etc.

180 posts
Thanks Meter: 63

By repherb, Senior Member on 27th August 2012, 01:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2012, 08:07 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mes111

Hello.If it possible can somebody put a step by step Rooting and Enablenig Google Play market useing Tasselhof script. The instructions there are for another tablet and my understanding that some steps are not needed or even be harmfull for Titan tablet.I've used Newtech utility for one of my Titan tablets, and it worked with the exception of Calendar synch issues and i think it's really reduced camera resolution/quality. I just got another Titan tablet and would like to tryTasSelhof script. Thank you in advance.
Also can somebody post alink to an original /clean Hipstreet Titan firmware/image backup?Just incase somehting goes wrong. I couldn't find information on how to create full system back up.
Thank you!!!!

I'm brand new to playing around with this stuff so don't make the mistake of considering me any sort of authority on the subject *grin* that being sad I did just use the Tasselhoff utility on the Hipstreet Titan I picked up which worked out almost perfectly so I'll share my experience.

- I'm running Windows 7 64bit and when I hooked the tablet up to USB Windows didn't recognize it or find a driver automatically but there are 32 and 64 bit drivers included with the Tasselhoff package - installed those via device manager and was good to go

- ran the utility itself and performed steps 1-6 and 10 (encountered an error at step 3 but I think that was my fault due to some earlier fiddling, didn't break anything though so I carried on)

- after I finished up I had the missing home buttons problem that someone mentioned earlier in the thread so I downloaded the clean build.prop posted by MetalChef (you'll need 7-zip or such, it's compressed with G-zip) extracted that and used it to replace the build.prop file in the ICS subfolder of the Tasslehoff package

- ran step 3 and step 10 in the utility again and was off to the races!

((I just followed the 10 step instructions in the readme file that came after "Now we use the script!" since everything else seemed specific to whatever device the script was first written for))

Plus the utility itself does have prompts and seems fairly friendly to use.

Hope that was at least semi-useful :)

21st November 2012, 04:31 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hip street Aurora
Hello I was looking to purchase the Hip Street Aurora and want to add Google Play. in order to do so I need to root correct? I was wondering if the below will work for that device or has anyone tried?
23rd November 2012, 07:02 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf_Ghost

Works on Hipstreet Flare 9DTB4-8GB 9" Tablet however I think I messed myself up. Took 1 extra step too much.

I managed to root, but now I have lost my bottom taskbar, and thus the ability to see multi task, back, volume up and down.

On Boot up I get "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped"

I made the huge mistake and backed up nothing from the start, so apart from my major sin, how can I get my task bar back?

Need a clear step by step as this is my first android.

Oh I can still surf, view app store... but since the task bar went I can't install from the store ( error ), but I can with an apk download from web.

Any advice would be welcome.

I have the same issue can anyone help?
The Following User Says Thank You to JerW5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JerW5 Ad-Free
24th November 2012, 02:02 AM |#24  
Flag Guelph
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerW5

I have the same issue can anyone help?

What Tablet do you have?

If like me you have a Hipstreet 7" or 9" this will work. If you have another Make, then find a build.prop from a matching model.

Build.Prop..right click save as..

Place this file in your /System Folder then reboot.

I used Root Explorer to do this. I copied the file from my PC to my SD card. Placed my SD card back in my tablet. Open Root Explorer, find the file.....copy and paste it to /System

Reboot

Now as I am a 9" Tablet, and this file is for a 7" your taskbar returns, but it is now a little buggy. However I can live with it until I get a 9" build.prop from a hipstreet flare.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greywolf_Ghost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Greywolf_Ghost Ad-Free
27th November 2012, 02:02 AM |#25  

More
Question help me
Quote:
Originally Posted by repherb

Hi all,

I picked up a cute little tablet for my young kids to use on trips in the car from my local Walmart called the Hipstreet Titan HS-7DTB4-4GB. After poking around the OS, i found out it was rooted but not properly and you couldn't even run the android market on it to unlock its' true potential. Since I found out that only branded (Samsung, Sony Acer etc) Android tablets have access to the marketplace, i got verrrrry curious as to how far i could push this little piece of technology to...

After some exhaustive searching on the 'Net, this is what i have come up with:

SPECS:
7" Capacitive touch screen @ 800x480
Android 4.0.4 OS
4GB built in capacity - expandable to 32 GB with Micro SD card (not included)
1.2 GHZ CPU single core A8 Cortex CPU
512 MB DDR2 RAM
Rechargable 2600 mah lithium polymer battery built-in
High speed direct micro USB 2.0 interface
WIFI 802.11 b/g/n
Built in speaker
Built-in front facing 300k camera
Multiple language format

After downloading Tasselhof's Root, Market utilityi was fully rooted and ready to go.

****UPDATE 08/26/2012*****
PROGRESS!!! After rooting and running the market fix with the above utility, i rebooted the unit and ran the android market which i then was able to download and install an app successfully WITHOUT A FC!!!
This problem is a major headache for tablet owners who have a partial root. Try to get an app to install from the market/play store and you would end up with an FC every time!! Not anymore!!!

I will add to this as i find out more... stay tuned and feel free to update me via PM if you find out more than i have here!

i tried the above method on a hipstreet flare and everything went perfectly, until i restarted. before restart everything was great, including downloading from the market. but when it starts back up, evything looks and feels the same, but the market wont let me download anymore... it looks like it is but doesnt ever download.

any help would be great..
27th November 2012, 04:12 PM |#26  

More
unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped
Hi,

I did steps 1-6 & 10 to root my Hipstreet Titan 7" using Tasselhof's Root, Market utility. Everything went fine except step 3 (Installing google play/android market). It installed the android market, which automitcally upgrades/changes to Google play after first reboot. But an error message appears everytime I access Google Play that reads as:
"unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped"

It does allow me to continue beyond that screen but it keeps coming on & off. It also comes everytime I use yahoo messenger on my talet now.

Please help!

Thanks
30th November 2012, 03:07 AM |#27  

More
Apps stopped working
After rooting all of Tasselhof's bundle to my hipstreet Titan (7") I tried to open up all of my installed apps (browsers, play etc) and I get the same message "The application ***(process.com.google.android.***) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I'm a noob with rooting so am hoping I didn't kill something in the process *sigh*

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf_Ghost

What Tablet do you have?

If like me you have a Hipstreet 7" or 9" this will work. If you have another Make, then find a build.prop from a matching model.

Place this file in your /System Folder then reboot.

I used Root Explorer to do this. I copied the file from my PC to my SD card. Placed my SD card back in my tablet. Open Root Explorer, find the file.....copy and paste it to /System

Reboot

Now as I am a 9" Tablet, and this file is for a 7" your taskbar returns, but it is now a little buggy. However I can live with it until I get a 9" build.prop from a hipstreet flare.

How do I access my system folder??
30th November 2012, 03:21 PM |#28  

More
Unfortunately process.core.google.android has stopped
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokkie13

After rooting all of Tasselhof's bundle to my hipstreet Titan (7") I tried to open up all of my installed apps (browsers, play etc) and I get the same message "The application ***(process.com.google.android.***) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I'm a noob with rooting so am hoping I didn't kill something in the process *sigh*

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

t

How do I access my system folder??

I got into the same issue. This error keeps coming when I access any of the apps and then the app behaves inconsistent.Let me know if you find a solution to this issue.
But I can access my system folder without any problem using android commander
30th November 2012, 11:28 PM |#29  

More
More investigation
Looked into my problem a little more (thanks to your help getting access to my system) and it seems that it's a problem with permissions, for some reason I can't get access with google play and I can't get a prompt for permissions on any new apps. Does anybody know why I'm not getting any prompts for permissions to allow access to different things??

Here are some things I found in my crashlog.txt that might help

beginning of /dev/log/system
12-01 06:21:00.449 W/PackageManager( 111): Running ENG build: no pre-dexopt!
12-01 06:21:00.479 W/PackageManager( 111): Library not found: /system/framework/com.android.nfc_extras.jar
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Unknown permission mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser.permission.READ_HISTORY_BO OKMARKS in package com.dolphin.browser.lab.en
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Unknown permission mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser.permission.WRITE_HISTORY_B OOKMARK in package com.dolphin.browser.lab.en
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Unknown permission com.dolphin.browser.permission.ACCESS_PROVIDER in package com.dolphin.browser.lab.en
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Not granting permission android.permission.SET_PREFERRED_APPLICATIONS to package com.dolphin.browser.lab.en (protectionLevel=2 flags=0x8be44)
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Unknown permission com.facebook.orca.provider.ACCESS in package com.facebook.katana
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Unknown permission android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE in package com.android.vending
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Not granting permission android.permission.CHANGE_COMPONENT_ENABLED_STATE to package com.android.vending (protectionLevel=3 flags=0xabec5)
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Unknown permission android.permission.SEND_SMS_NO_CONFIRMATION in package com.android.vending
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Not granting permission android.permission.STATUS_BAR to package com.android.vending (protectionLevel=3 flags=0xabec5)
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Not granting permission android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS to package com.android.vending (protectionLevel=2 flags=0xabec5)
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Unknown permission android.permission.PACKAGE_VERIFICATION_AGENT in package com.android.vending
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Unknown permission android.permission.MANAGE_USERS in package com.android.vending
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Unknown permission android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS in package com.android.vending
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Unknown permission android.webkit.permission.PLUGIN in package com.adobe.flashplayer
12-01 06:21:21.829 W/PackageManager( 111): Not granting permission android.permission.ACCOUNT_MANAGER to package com.google.android.music (protectionLevel=2 flags=0x8be65)
2nd December 2012, 01:26 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by repherb

Hi all,

I picked up a cute little tablet for my young kids to use on trips in the car from my local Walmart called the Hipstreet Titan HS-7DTB4-4GB. After poking around the OS, i found out it was rooted but not properly and you couldn't even run the android market on it to unlock its' true potential. Since I found out that only branded (Samsung, Sony Acer etc) Android tablets have access to the marketplace, i got verrrrry curious as to how far i could push this little piece of technology to...

After some exhaustive searching on the 'Net, this is what i have come up with:

SPECS:
7" Capacitive touch screen @ 800x480
Android 4.0.4 OS
4GB built in capacity - expandable to 32 GB with Micro SD card (not included)
1.2 GHZ CPU single core A8 Cortex CPU
512 MB DDR2 RAM
Rechargable 2600 mah lithium polymer battery built-in
High speed direct micro USB 2.0 interface
WIFI 802.11 b/g/n
Built in speaker
Built-in front facing 300k camera
Multiple language format

After downloading Tasselhof's Root, Market utility HERE i was fully rooted and ready to go.

****UPDATE 08/26/2012*****
PROGRESS!!! After rooting and running the market fix with the above utility, i rebooted the unit and ran the android market which i then was able to download and install an app successfully WITHOUT A FC!!!
This problem is a major headache for tablet owners who have a partial root. Try to get an app to install from the market/play store and you would end up with an FC every time!! Not anymore!!!

I will add to this as i find out more... stay tuned and feel free to update me via PM if you find out more than i have here!

I think you may help us here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post34852402
Thanks

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Do you know whether it is possible to re-install a brand new OS on Tablet HipStreet 7DTB4-4GB?
3rd December 2012, 12:58 AM |#31  
Flag salmon arm

More
question befor I start
I have one question do i have to do stage 3 to have the full root I can live with out google play store.

the only reason I am asking is I can get most of the apps from the getjar app that is install and working

this is the steps I was thinking of step 1 then step 2 step 4 step 6 skip 5 so keep getjar
then 10 to finish

I have the hipstreet flare hs-9dtb4-8gb

thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hipstreet, hs-7dtb4-4gb, root, titan

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)