It is true, XPERIA TX has different screens.

Search This thread

Halim2k

Apr 7, 2009
Hello,
My friend and I bought 2 XPERIA TX, I noticed that his screen looks better than mine, it's very clear that his viewing angles is also better than mine.

When I looked into the software info for both phones, I found one difference.
It's the Touch Firmware Version, mine is c while his is b.

Both phones are HK version, but my phone is ZH/EN and his phone is HK/CH

This is really makes me so angry :(

Here are two screen shots for software info from our phones.

Fuzalert2k

Jul 24, 2009
I don't think that alone proves it's a completely difference screen. I think the touch screen digitizer is different compared to the screen itself. How did you get to the software info screen? I want to know what my version is as well.

Halim2k

Apr 7, 2009
I don't think that alone proves it's a completely difference screen. I think the touch screen digitizer is different compared to the screen itself. How did you get to the software info screen? I want to know what my version is as well.

Press *#*#7378423#*#*
Press "Service info" then "Software info"

asterix005

Aug 17, 2007
from what i know b is manufactured by sony and a is manufactured in china. not sure about c

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
What do you mean by better? Take some pictures or sth.

Tbh no phones are made perfect, so why complain? You're already better than people who has defected phones.

Halim2k

Apr 7, 2009
Mine is version B, and I gotta say my screen looks pretty good.
Can I ask you for something?
Can you make FTF file from your phone and upload it for me, I want to try somthing.

What do you mean by better? Take some pictures or sth.

Tbh no phones are made perfect, so why complain? You're already better than people who has defected phones.

Better means better, specially in viewing angles, the phone with b firmware has much better viewing angles than c.

Defected phones are not my concern here, if I got a defected phone I'll go to SONY Service Center, that's easy.

BTW I'm a SONY fan, and I love my TX, it's really a great phone, and in general it 's better than One X and SGS III.
But if SONY is releasing the handset with different hardware, they should state it and discriminate between them.

The difference between touch firmware versions means that we have 2 different touch panels ( digitizers ).

I hope you got it now.

cookie74

Sep 20, 2008
Well mine is 3e. But I don't have problems with my screen it looks all good to me

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

paullu

Aug 26, 2007
usa
yes I see some people say B is more good looking on the screen than A I mean(make a mistake not c )

Last edited:

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
yes I see some people say B is more good looking on the screen than c

so I was lucky I got a B version also but unfortunately I had to sent it back for replacement due to wifi reboot issue, I hope the next one is also B

Screenshot_2012-11-21-16-04-45.png

Halim2k

Apr 7, 2009
Here are the pictures guys, they're not from the internet, they're from my phone and my friends' phone.
Both phones at 100% brightness, adept to lighting conditions disabled.
Both phones has the same SI Number, and both was made in week 41 2012

This is really annoying and frustrating,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Press *#*#7378423#*#*
    Press "Service info" then "Software info"

This is the same as typing *#*#SERVICE#*#* into the phone keypad - which is a bit easier to remember!

If I helped, hit Thanks!
    Don't worry, folks

The OP noticed it when he said he put the 2 versions side by side.
    For me, I cannot tell the difference now on this one with C fw. I only had 2 days on the first one with B version.
    Tapatalked from my TX
    I've make an experiment for you with my xperia TX. I flashed a 7.0.A.1.307 ftf. My touch firmware version was "a"
    Afterthat on the same device I've flashed the new firmware version 7.0.A.3.212. This time, the touch firmware version was "c"
    (see photo). So, the touch firmware version is a software, not hardware (LCD,touchscreen, digitiser) question!!
    Happy conclusion: Don't worry, people, the touchscreen of our beloved Xperia TX are identical!!
    Hit "thanks" if it was useful.
    touch version is related with software , i make some research and touch firmware is located on etc/firmware.but flashing touch firmware from xperia v but not works.
    Finally, an answer from Sony
    The question was about if XPERIA TX has the opticontrast panel, and here is the answer :rolleyes:

Ty8H1.jpg

That answer confirms the 2 versions of TX display assembly, a great one with opticontrast panel,
    and a good one with bad viewing angles without opticontrast panel.
    :eek:

Look at this picture

vlcsnap2013011310h49m32.png
    Excuse me - what are you talking about?
    That answer confirms NO OPTICONTRAST panel for T neither TX.
    So?

That answer confirms that Sony has cheated to their costumers.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

summarizing:

- Sony announce at IFA that Xperia T, TX and V has an opticontrast panel
    - Only a few and selected batches of Xperia TX receive Opticontrast panel
    - For a unknown reason (maybe problems with the providers) the rest of the batches has the same display that Sony has used the last years.
    - Sony don't recognize the issue.