FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM-AOSP][BL-1.2]G-Harmony Jellybean 4.1.2 ODEXed (UPDATED 12/28)

1,584 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,116

By tjohnsonjr, Senior Member on 23rd November 2012, 07:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th November 2012, 03:24 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbybart

I noticed when using XDA app and I press on a post where a menu pops up asking if I want to reply, quote, multi, etc. My screen goes completely blank with some brightness. I press the power button then the faint brightness goes away (again with nothing on the screen). I press it again and the unlock screen shows up and I'm back to where I had left off. It's strange and seeing that more consistently now when going to settings.

I hope I'm making sense. Is anybody else seeing the screen going off from time to time? Thanks.

Sent from my Malata SMBA1002 using xda app-developers app

I've had a few screen bugs/display glitches but I haven't had to turn the screen off and on. I've only had one reset so far...was running it for three solid hours and was just finishing up a game of Angry Birds Star Wars when it happened.

This is a nice alternative to smoothbean... this will give you the stock experience.

24th November 2012, 05:31 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohnsonjr

You can just flash the ROM if you are coming from DIRTY-BEAN. Just remember to wipe data and dalvik-cache

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

i did as you said
wipe all (data,dalvik,battery,cache)
i had jelly bean from teamdhr (aka dirty bean) and the new Touch BL

but i got error
e:error in /external_sd/g_harmny.....zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted, what went wrong¬°?
24th November 2012, 05:37 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oceanside, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvm777

i did as you said
wipe all (data,dalvik,battery,cache)
i had jelly bean from teamdhr (aka dirty bean) and the new Touch BL

but i got error
e:error in /external_sd/g_harmny.....zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted, what went wrong¬°?

Try redownloading the ROM

24th November 2012, 05:41 PM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohnsonjr

Try redownloading the ROM

i just try install it again and this time worked
now its at the "X" symbol
how much time should i let it before configure it?
I mean some roms say that after install it, let it without any use before start using it , like 30 minutes
this its same?

---

btw all hardware stuff works?
camera? mic?
24th November 2012, 07:34 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvm777

btw all hardware stuff works?
camera? mic?

I don't think so. Still same kernel from Fosser, so same hardware stuff that don't work!

BTW, this rom seems very nice! Still in test. Thank you tjohnsonjr!

Sorry for bad english
The Following User Says Thank You to johnnybr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnnybr Ad-Free
24th November 2012, 11:51 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
VERY NICE!!! Just left smoothbean for this, had a bunch of slowdowns with that. So far so good.
The Following User Says Thank You to skotter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skotter Ad-Free
25th November 2012, 03:53 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skotter

VERY NICE!!! Just left smoothbean for this, had a bunch of slowdowns with that. So far so good.

Please explain what you observe as differences and improvements between this and smoother. Thanks.
25th November 2012, 04:28 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 500

More
I have "free ram" envy.... nice build, must be the odexed.
The Following User Says Thank You to redeyedjedi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redeyedjedi Ad-Free
26th November 2012, 05:28 AM |#19  
Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Great job with this rom. Its really fast and hardly and slowdowns. Unfortunately, Netflix won't open for some reason. It flickers the screen for a second and nothing happens. No error message or anything. YouTube videos don't seem to play either in the app. Every video says there's an error loading. Anyone else experience the same issue?

sent from my G-Tablet
26th November 2012, 06:55 PM |#20  

More
I have the same problem with youtube, it can only play with HD turned off. This rom run better for me. Came over from the Smoother 4.1.2 Rom, snappier browser load time. I hope the next version fix the youtube HD problem.
26th November 2012, 08:53 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 500

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calraleigh

I have the same problem with youtube, it can only play with HD turned off. This rom run better for me. Came over from the Smoother 4.1.2 Rom, snappier browser load time. I hope the next version fix the youtube HD problem.

Yeah there is a HW accel issue I noticed. Neither bsplayer or mxplayer would play an MP4 with HW, only software decoding. CM and PA guys have not yet gone up to 4.2 because of similar issues but this ROM is 4.1.2 so i don't know why HW accel wouldn't work. If I get time I'll have to test some more. This is a very fluid build regardless and I'm sure the issue will get figured out.
The Following User Says Thank You to redeyedjedi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redeyedjedi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)