[ROM] SGT7+CM10+Cherry Picks,By meghd00t. New 09/12 Multitouched!

Search This thread

Se7enex

Dec 14, 2011
Shirley, IN
?

Is it safe to flash this over the previous version of this ROM?

Should I delete data/wipe dalvik before or after flashing to prevent issues?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Zuul86

Jun 29, 2012
The only couple things I see is that MX Player won't play videos using H/W decoding, and Asphalt 7 won't start up. How do I get logs on these errors?

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using xda app-developers app

TheForceUnleashed

Feb 11, 2012
Louisiana
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
The thing is, HD Youtube videos use decoding...so how come MX Player doesn't work..hmm.

Try installing the MX Codec ARMv7 or ARMv7 NEON.

It has to work now, because I used MX Player on the first CM9 build that had HD decoding. (That was...a while ago.)

Reactions: Intruder7s

billy8362

Dec 26, 2011
Why when I load this I do not see the 1.2ghz? I have the 10touch firmware installed.

Zuul86

Jun 29, 2012
I installed the codec packs for MX Player and that didn't work.

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
The only couple things I see is that MX Player won't play videos using H/W decoding, and Asphalt 7 won't start up. How do I get logs on these errors?

Logcat.

This means OC is disabled again? Is it possible to give us a user setting - defaulting to stock - so we can test our devices?
Read OP
There are some Nooks that dont like Silicon Performance
Why when I load this I do not see the 1.2ghz? I have the 10touch firmware installed.

Changelog in OP states that is disabled for now

I installed the codec packs for MX Player and that didn't work.

Mx Player dont need codecs for our Platform (TI4430)

It plays just fine here btw only first time it needs a restart and it fixes it self.

dave3000

Jun 8, 2007
New Rom out 24/11 ;)
Any issues please report guys, thanks.

thanks man.

I flashed by wiping cache and dalvik, flashing rom, and then fixing permissions. Everything seems to be working ok but i did notice that the Wifi signal bars never turn blue even though I have a working wifi data connection. Anyone else seeing that? I connect to a hidden SSID if that matters.

One other question for you all regarding 'deep sleep'..... do i need to change the setting in Advanced on the wifi settings for 'Turn wifi off during sleep'? Or will it go to deep sleep even if I keep that on Always?

TheForceUnleashed

Feb 11, 2012
Louisiana
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
It really doesn't matter if it's blue or not. If it's filled up by something, it's connected.

I don't really know about that second question. Some nooks are different. Like Amy (My Nook's name) deep sleeps with no problem at all, even with my wifi on. Not sure about the others, though.

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
thanks man.

I flashed by wiping cache and dalvik, flashing rom, and then fixing permissions. Everything seems to be working ok but i did notice that the Wifi signal bars never turn blue even though I have a working wifi data connection. Anyone else seeing that? I connect to a hidden SSID if that matters.

One other question for you all regarding 'deep sleep'..... do i need to change the setting in Advanced on the wifi settings for 'Turn wifi off during sleep'? Or will it go to deep sleep even if I keep that on Always?

If WiFi bars don't turn blue your gmail account is wrong or not connecting. No settings needs changing for nook to deep sleep :)

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using my fingers to swype.

Se7enex

Dec 14, 2011
Shirley, IN
I ended up having to clear my data because my apps were acting funny but on the whole this update is awesome.

The tablet mode is awesome and now deep sleep works, yay battery! :good:

pogodog

Dec 19, 2011
New Install

I did a first install of Nov 24 yesterday, and everything went really well. Last night I put the NT on the charger with about 30% battery, and when I when to play with it today is was turned off. When I turned it on, it had no charge and turned off right away. I assume this is an artifact of SOD.

So when the next release happens, and I want to upgrade, I was curious what the suggested procedure will be? I know I can back up and wipe everything, but just wondering if there is a less draconian method.

Thank you for a wonderful ROM. I had been following the progress for a while, and finally decided to try it. I'm very grateful for your efforts!

feladenfia

Jul 14, 2012
I did a first install of Nov 24 yesterday, and everything went really well. Last night I put the NT on the charger with about 30% battery, and when I when to play with it today is was turned off. When I turned it on, it had no charge and turned off right away. I assume this is an artifact of SOD.

So when the next release happens, and I want to upgrade, I was curious what the suggested procedure will be? I know I can back up and wipe everything, but just wondering if there is a less draconian method.

Thank you for a wonderful ROM. I had been following the progress for a while, and finally decided to try it. I'm very grateful for your efforts!

After you plug the charger in, you should check whether or not the nook is being charged. I have this problem sometimes. Now whenever i plug it in, I always turn on the screen until it has the: (charging). Then I turn the screen off & wait until it is fully charged :D

Hope this will help with your problem bro.:good:

pogodog

Dec 19, 2011
It actually has a problem where it doesn't charge unless the screen is turned on at least once when plugged into non-oem cord I believe.

Sent from Outer Space

Well, I'm now using that cute glowing "n" cable, and I'll try to remember to turn the screen on after tethering it. Thanks for the tips on charging.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to all,
    This Rom is based on latest Nook Tablet Jelly Bean Branch courtesy of our great developers aka Kuzma,Chris,Rebellos etc.
    It has SGT7 modifications taken from https://github.com/sgt7 plus cherry picks from https://github.com/loosethisskin.

Main feature is the use of 1.2Ghz as default cpu frequency plus some very good interface tweaks like tablet mode enabler.
    Now for the download links:

ROMS:

NEW 09/12

http://www.multiupload.nl/N5PEOAYSSJ

- Sync with Cm10 + Git

24/11

http://celticstorage.co.uk/cm10/sgt7-10-20121124-UNOFFICIAL-acclaim.zip
    - Deep sleep fixed
    - Back to Smartflex 1P5
    - Force Silicon Performance is void for now because even with smartflex changes still some Nooks have Stability/reboot issues.
    - Sync with Cm10 + Git
    Known Issues?
    Report.
    -Thanks.

22/11

http://celticstorage.co.uk/cm10/sgt7-10-20121122-UNOFFICIAL-acclaim.zip
    - Reverted Kuzma's Emif changes so device can deep sleep again
    - Removed Smartflex 1P5 and downgraded to Smartflex V3 for more compatibility with troublesome nooks
    - Should be able to be flashed on all nook tablets now
    -Test and report :) Thanks/Gracias/Ευχαριστώ

21/11

http://celticstorage.co.uk/cm10/sgt7-10-20121121-UNOFFICIAL-acclaim.zip
    Big Thanks to Mik_os for the support on this
    - All Syncs Included
    - 10 touch driver taken from Nook HD and adjusted to Multitouch compatibility by Mik_os
    - New Backilight Led driver taken from Nook HD and adjusted to our github compatibility by Mik_os
    - Still CM10(4.1.2) (JB4.2=CM10.1) sync
    - Kuzmas excellent new drivers from Nook HD Source
    - Bug fixes.
    - 1.2Ghz SILICON_TYPE_PERFORMANCE setting is Back :)
    - Easy Eeprom touch controller firmware flasher included.

06/11
    http://celticstorage.co.uk/cm10/sgt7-10-20121106-UNOFFICIAL-acclaim.zip
    Big Thanks to Mik_os for the support on this.
    Changes:
    -Updated wifi modules/firmwares,
    -New PVR Driver DDK 1.9@2166536
    -Greatly improved kernel thanks to all the nice developers in here
    Some features are missing. They will be added when time permits.

RECOVERIES:

Posted CWM and TWRP Recoveries Include sgdisk and tools.

Flashable Recoveries(Put into sdcard and flash from recovery like a rom)
    http://celticstorage.co.uk/cm10/CWM_v6.0.1.5_emmc.zip
    TWRP removed for time being

GAPPS:
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

NOTE:
    Do not pm meghd00t, I will try to give support where due in this thread.

Known issues:

- Unknown.
    Rom will be updated by me once a week or when new features/fixes worth a compile/testing and also when time permits.
    ROM+GAPPS flash Instructions:
    1.Copy rom(zip) file and gapps (zip) package onto internal/external sdcard
    2.Reboot Nook Tablet and access Recovery.
    3.Factory wipe, wipe cache.
    4.Flash ROM then flash Gapps.
    5.Select from recovery to reboot Nook Tablet

- Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Recovery flash Instructions:
    1.Place wanted recovery(TWRP/CWM) in folder where fastboot executable is
    2.Select to access Fastboot from Cyanoboot
    3.Flash recovery with:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    recovery.img can be cwm.img/twrp.img
    4.Fastboot reboot
    Once in OS Go Settings->System->Status bar->Tablet mode so you can access applications/games.

Attached Small-Easy-Fast MD5 Checksum for Windows Users.
    L&G
    Chris made a breakthrough! 2TU
    He Used cpuidle44xx.c from i9100G Galaxy S2 Omap4 derivative ingenious move, no more cpu_idle=1 and hopefully no more battery problems.
    Wait for new rom to test soon and be happy we have such superficially skillful and mentally bright developers to our family!
    Regards
    New Rom out 24/11 ;)
    Any issues please report guys, thanks.
    New Rom with Chris's changes up for testing.
    This Rom will continue being updated.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app