FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Want to swap your Menu and Back Softkeys?

19,556 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,780

By pulser_g2, Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer on 21st November 2012, 09:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th November 2012, 05:12 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
is there a generic.kl tutorial thread somewhere? to learn how to customize everything? I'd like to modify some long press and double press functionality. Play around a bit.

the only, only, only thing i miss from the evo-lte coming to this phone is the dedicated hardware camera/search button on the side. i feel this note is just one physical button short. oh well.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
25th November 2012, 06:04 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlpywd

is there a generic.kl tutorial thread somewhere? to learn how to customize everything? I'd like to modify some long press and double press functionality. Play around a bit.

the only, only, only thing i miss from the evo-lte coming to this phone is the dedicated hardware camera/search button on the side. i feel this note is just one physical button short. oh well.

Why not just use "Swipe Pad" app & its just one finger action to camera button from any screen.
25th November 2012, 06:31 PM |#13  

More
I'll look at swipe pad, but,i mainly used the button for search and long press for voice search. i rarely,rarely use the camera at all. the buttons at the bottom, physical buttons, could really have been 4 again on a phone this size. personal preference like the extra side button, that's all.

25th November 2012, 06:39 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Its the first app i install on a device, i use only the free version as its actually better kept simple & i only activate the 4 corners.
25th November 2012, 06:56 PM |#15  
OP Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Double press - I don't think you can do this from generic.kl - you'd need to modify the framework where the buttons are received.

Possibly same for long presses, I'm not sure...
25th November 2012, 09:28 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 351

More
Quote:

http://source.android.com/tech/input...out-files.html

http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/to...rd-rooted.html
The Following User Says Thank You to boodies For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boodies Ad-Free
26th November 2012, 01:09 AM |#17  

More
you rock!!

26th November 2012, 07:58 AM |#18  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2

You mean you want on-screen navigation buttons, nexus style?

I would love to! On-screen touch buttons for Back at the left, home in the middle and multi-tasking windows list button at the right.

If you don't mind can you please share or point me to a link where I can get this?
26th November 2012, 08:29 AM |#19  
OP Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by srikat

I would love to! On-screen touch buttons for Back at the left, home in the middle and multi-tasking windows list button at the right.

If you don't mind can you please share or point me to a link where I can get this?

Try adding this to build.prop in /system :

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
26th November 2012, 10:04 AM |#20  
Ewa Beach
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:

Did you try long pressing the menu button?
26th November 2012, 10:21 AM |#21  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2

Try adding this to build.prop in /system :

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Added the above line and when I hit Save, get this:

Quote:

Error occurred when trying to save the file. It will not be saved.

I am currently using Omega 7.1 with RedPill Ultimate kernel.

Trying to edit using ES Note Editor and ES File Explorer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)