Can't connect to wifi at home

Search This thread
Currently have the D-Link DI-824VUP. My G1 can detect my home network, I click, enter the password and select save. Then I click network and select connect. It gets to the authenticating with "my network name here" then it disconnects.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mr. Moe

t1h5ta3

Nov 28, 2008
pacific north wet
yha, mine doesnt even see mine... and its not hidden... must be due to it being a wireless n , and its suposed to be backwards compatable....

andonnguyen

Nov 12, 2008
I currently have a belkin n1 vision router that uses the n-draft spec. Make sure you're using a wpa/wpa2 key and not wep.

t1h5ta3

Nov 28, 2008
pacific north wet
yha, mine doesnt even see mine... and its not hidden... must be due to it being a wireless n , and its suposed to be backwards compatable....

its a lynksys WRT160Nv2
Network Name (SSID): Pyeatt wireless net
Security: WPA2 Personal
Encryption: TKIP or AES
Passphrase: xxxxxxxxxx

ive entered it all into the phone, but it doesnt show it as being available
says not in range, remembered.

i do show every one else in the areas networks tho... so it is working, just not on mine.

t1h5ta3

Nov 28, 2008
pacific north wet
its a lynksys WRT160Nv2
Network Name (SSID): Pyeatt wireless net
Security: WPA2 Personal
Encryption: TKIP or AES
Passphrase: xxxxxxxxxx

ive entered it all into the phone, but it doesnt show it as being available
says not in range, remembered.

i do show every one else in the areas networks tho... so it is working, just not on mine.

well, i finaly got it to work.

aperently its an ongoing issue with almost all draft-n routers.

what you have to do is force it to stay in b/g mode, when in auto mixed mode the phone cant even see it....

kinda wierd tho, i do a speed test and can only hit 6 megs on the phone thru wireless even tho the laptop hits 30ish...

Gary13579

Retired Moderator
Nov 14, 2008
well, i finaly got it to work.

aperently its an ongoing issue with almost all draft-n routers.

what you have to do is force it to stay in b/g mode, when in auto mixed mode the phone cant even see it....

kinda wierd tho, i do a speed test and can only hit 6 megs on the phone thru wireless even tho the laptop hits 30ish...

You have to remember that the CPU on the G1 is very limited. It can't handle very high speeds.

You also have to remember that your notebook seems to be connected via wireless N. If that is connected in G, that's kinda weird, as the theoretical cap for G is 25-27mb/s (you have to remember that although G is specced for 54 gb/s, half of that is reserved for upload.

Also, 30mb/s is one of Comcast's normal internet tiers, so I'm assuming you're using N on the notebook.

axlastro

Jan 6, 2008
So it should work with any router, right

I'm planning on getting a router. Can anyone give me an exact name and model that works with the G1. I'm going to buy the cheapest available, like 35$-ish.
I was trying to connect to the laptop's wi-fi but it doesn't work.Noone wants to waste effort on making ad hoc connections work, as most G1-s are in the USA and they got unlimited 3g data.

Gary13579

Retired Moderator
Nov 14, 2008
I'm planning on getting a router. Can anyone give me an exact name and model that works with the G1. I'm going to buy the cheapest available, like 35$-ish.
I was trying to connect to the laptop's wi-fi but it doesn't work.Noone wants to waste effort on making ad hoc connections work, as most G1-s are in the USA and they got unlimited 3g data.

There's no specific router that works with the G1. Practically any will. My favourite are Linksys, but only if it runs DD-WRT.

Dimath

Nov 5, 2008
Los Angeles
My DI-514 does not work with my G1. The phone is connecting without any problems, but nothing works after that, i.e. ping does not work, pages can not be open (even router configuration page), etc.
Exactly the same with my university network.

But with the others wifi networks it's fine.