FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel] OC to 1100Mhz and linaro gcc 4.7 (New version with fast display mode)

361 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,105

By guevor, Senior Member on 26th September 2012, 01:55 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
27th November 2012, 10:16 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guevor

Sorry I can not give more time but lately I'm not feeling too well and being in front of the screen only makes things worse, so I can only spend a few minutes.
I created the patch with the latest changes.

Thanks for all your hard work guevor, that's excellent. I hope your health improves soon!

4th December 2012, 10:03 AM |#92  
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
With this kernel my NST hangs after using USB host and then running android keyboard for the second time. (after changing USB mode to back to "peripherial").
Same thing happens after plugging NOOK to PC and then unplugging.
It doesn't matter if 'NullKeyboard' or 'Android Keyboard' is selected in NookTouchTools.
Anyone observed the same behaviour on his/her nook?
Changing kernel for eg. to 'v166' solves the problem but of course you lose USB host or FastMode.

FW 1.1.2 / FW 1.1.0
5th December 2012, 11:53 AM |#93  
OP Senior Member
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 1,105

Donate to Me
More
I compiled the latest version with usbhost patch and I've put a ramdisk that I think should work with all versions (glow and no glow).
Also upload the file to install the normal kernel with the same modified ramdisk (the previous failed on glow version).
Now I'm very short for time and I have not been able to test, but I prefer to upload it, and in case anyone is encouraged to try, please, confirm proper operation so others can use it.

If only need the kernel, you can get it from the boot folder on the zip.
Attached Files
File Type: zip install-kernel-174-modified.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.15 MB, 10814 views)
File Type: zip install-kernel-usbhost-176.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.15 MB, 15420 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to guevor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guevor Ad-Free
7th December 2012, 01:49 PM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by guevor

I compiled the latest version with usbhost patch and I've put a ramdisk that I think should work with all versions (glow and no glow).
Also upload the file to install the normal kernel with the same modified ramdisk (the previous failed on glow version).
Now I'm very short for time and I have not been able to test, but I prefer to upload it, and in case anyone is encouraged to try, please, confirm proper operation so others can use it.

If only need the kernel, you can get it from the boot folder on the zip.

I can confirm that your latest fixes work Guevor. Both Fast Mode and Usb host are working at least with an external USB wireless multi media keyboard. I have only had my Nook ST for less than a day though. This Thread made for good reading while I was waiting on it coming in the mail. Your work here is amazing Thank you, I was showing my wife the difference of the nook touch with fast mode enabled and without, literally left her mouth agape and speechless and that is very hard to do. She does not know that she is getting her own Nook ST for X-mas thanks to you it will be a worthy present.
7th December 2012, 03:42 PM |#95  
Flag Anzali
Thanks Meter: 5

More
It is strange . fastmode app doesn't work yet .
NST - FW 1.2
7th December 2012, 06:58 PM |#96  

More
I found that the Fast app works fine, you use it to turn it on and off. That is how I can show the before fastmode and after fastmode examples to people. I have done that like 3 times day. So not finding this strange at all
8th December 2012, 11:43 AM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I confirm glow correct operation of the modified #174 on Nook Glow - now the n button correctly turns the light on and off.

Thanks Guevor for the great work!

ciao
matt
8th December 2012, 04:57 PM |#98  
Flag Anzali
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle555

I found that the Fast app works fine, you use it to turn it on and off. That is how I can show the before fastmode and after fastmode examples to people. I have done that like 3 times day. So not finding this strange at all

are you using framware 1.2 ?
it does'nt work for me . of course if "fmode" set to 1 , fast mode is done . but toggling app does'nt work .
9th December 2012, 02:05 AM |#99  

More
using 1.1.2
9th December 2012, 10:46 PM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
It works perfectly now with Glow (V1.1.5). The glow light turns on and off with the n key.

Thanks.
11th December 2012, 03:40 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 652

More
Has anyone tried out kernel-usbhost-176?

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using XDA Premium HD app
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread