INSTALLING CWM on ZOPO ZP900 LEADER

Search This thread
Oct 14, 2012
Ok let me just save a lot of you time and issues.

After installing the flash tool the drivers and doing every thing you MUST reboot your pc multiple times for it to work properly.

m3n3chm0

Aug 26, 2008
A Coruña
www.m3n3chm0.es
Dear all guys,

Does anybody know if is possible to use MTK Flashtool under a windows xp virtual machine (host-linux from virtualbox) in order to flash ROMS ¿?

I just have already USB-Preloader configured on Virtualbox as void filter (found vía Google). But when i try to flash any ROM i get the next message from virtualbox:

"The preloader-USB-Device is already been used by the host (linux)" ... :mad:

Regards.

drmodify

Dec 31, 2009
Thanks, I was able to install CWR using your tutorial but I have encountered a road block and I've searched everywhere but I can't find a solution for our phone..

upon entering CWR, I tried to make a back up and it says "can't mount /sdcard/"?
CWR log says: W: failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk1 (invalid argument)
using v6.0.1.2

is this happening in your phones as well?

toniljazi

Sep 30, 2012
is there any news about jelly bean for zp 900.

Sent from my ZP900 using xda app-developers app

vijayar

Oct 2, 2011
Bangalore
Thanks, I was able to install CWR using your tutorial but I have encountered a road block and I've searched everywhere but I can't find a solution for our phone..

upon entering CWR, I tried to make a back up and it says "can't mount /sdcard/"?
using v6.0.1.2

If you have used the CWM given by ZOPO then there is a problem with that. Use the CWM link I have given in the second post.

Reactions: drmodify

mikeydubbs

Dec 2, 2011
London, ON
WooHoo!

I just ordered 2 zopo zp900's and i think this post will be great help!

I am also curious if there are any custom roms, or is the stock one just fine? :silly:

LaChriz

Dec 13, 2012
I installed the drivers with Snappea and I also rebooted my computer a couple of times but everytime I run the flash tool and conect my phone to the computer I get this message: "B ROM ERROR: S_COM_PORT_OPEN_FAIL (1013)"
I also tried PDAnet and the drivers from Zopo and also the drivers for 6575 but its always the same...
Is there a other solution?

ac0935p

Jan 20, 2005
Flash Tool Driver Problems Solved (Maybe)

I have a Hero 9500 which is a clone of the ZP900 - but about $50 cheaper because it doesn't have the "brand". Who outside of China has heard of Zopo anyway? Whatever it's a great phone with a high quality set of firmware. The only lack is a decent Recovery module. CWM should be able to fix that - fantastic, I thought.

Until I tried using the Flash Tool. What a heap of junk. And the drivers too! Total CARP. Still until you have CWM installed there's no alternative but to struggle on. After several attempts, I finally managed to get the first stage of the Flash Tool working - the RED progress line would be shown, but then Windows started asking for another driver and the Flash Tool only gives you 30 seconds to work out what's going on and then stops. Also tried the Snappea route as shown in the video earlier in this forum - that didn't work either.

Finally today, I achieved success. But only after some real digging into Windows. I am running on XP - I think the same will work in Vista/7/8, but I can't find a way to view COM ports in device manager in Win 7. So XP it is.

First, you need to be able to see INSTALLED but currently UNPLUGGED devices. To do this start a CMD window (Windows-R => CMD). If doing this in Vista/7/8 you must run CMD as Administrator.

At the command prompt type:

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

Then

start devmgmt.msc

This will launch in Device Manager.

On the VIEW menu, check the "Show Hidden Devices" option. Scroll down the list to the "PORTS (COM & LPT)" node and expand this. For the Flash Tool to work, you MUST have two com ports installed:

MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port (COMxx)
PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) (COMyy)

Where xx and yy are the port numbers.

If you are having problems, chances are you will only see one of these ports present (or possibly none). If there is one, it will be the Preloader USB VCOM (Android) port.

Now we need to get the drivers installed. The ONLY way I could get this work is the following recipe.

First uninstall the driver you currently have installed (if any) - in Device Manager, right click on PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) (COMyy) and choose "UNINSTALL". Windows will remove the com port and its driver.

Now we can get started for real...

Download the drivers from http://www.4shared.com/rar/GXGsjWuQ/zopo_USB_Drivers.html?refurl=d1url (These are the drivers referenced in this post on ZOPO mobile store
http://www.zopomobileshop.com/zopo-...r-zopo-mobile-phone-step-by-step-instruction/)

Make sure you are running with Device Manager open and that you know exactly where the driver file was downloaded.. Power the phone off and remove the battery. Connect with USB. The laptop will start trying to install the driver for the phone. In Device Manager, a item will be added in the list of Ports, with a big yellow question mark on it. As soon as this item appears right click it and choose INSTALL DRIVER. Windows will prompt for the driver file - navigate to the location of the downloaded driver and choose it. Windows will list "PreLoader USB VCOM (Android)" as the available device - choose that. The driver will be installed.

NOW we have completed the first part, but the second driver still needs to be installed. The only way I could find of installing the second driver was to run the Flash Tool. Unplug your phone from the PC. Launch the Flash Tool, in OPTIONS choose "High Speed" and "With Battery". Open the scatter file (instructions in many other posts). Nothing is going to get flashed this time because one of the drivers is still missing. It is safe to press the DOWNLOAD button.

Make sure Device Manager is still open.

Put the battery in the phone and with the power off, connect the phone via USB again. The flash process will start - the red progress line will show. Then the process will stall and windows will start trying to install another driver. In Device Manager a new item should have been added, again with a big yellow question mark. Now follow the same procedure as before - right click on the icon with the question mark and choose INSTALL DRIVER again. Navigate to the same driver file and select it. Windows will now show the

MediaTek DA USB VCOM

Choose that and windows will install it. Device manager should now show the two drivers installed.

Now disconnect your phone and REMOVE THE BATTERY. Put the battery back and power on the phone to check it's still OK.

With the two drivers installed, the Flash Tool should work correctly - follow the Flash Tool instructions in the other posts to flash CWM (or another full ROM).

Last edited:

LaChriz

Dec 13, 2012
The flash process will start - the red progress line will show.

I installed the first driver exactly like you explained but it´s still the same problem:
BROM ERROR: S_COM_PORT_OPEN_FAIL (10139)
[COM] Failed to open COM7

Windows doesn´t want to search for another driver :crying:

Last edited:

claro966

Oct 20, 2010
Try again!

I installed the first driver exactly like you explained but it´s still the same problem:
BROM ERROR: S_COM_PORT_OPEN_FAIL (10139)
[COM] Failed to open COM7

Windows doesn´t want to search for another driver :crying:

Restart your pc and try again to flash; remember to take out the battery and put it back in before plugging the usb cable ;)

howlep

May 28, 2010
thanks

this is the only method that worked for me :) thanks :)

I have a Hero 9500 which is a clone of the ZP900 - but about $50 cheaper because it doesn't have the "brand". Who outside of China has heard of Zopo anyway? Whatever it's a great phone with a high quality set of firmware. The only lack is a decent Recovery module. CWM should be able to fix that - fantastic, I thought.

Until I tried using the Flash Tool. What a heap of junk. And the drivers too! Total CARP. Still until you have CWM installed there's no alternative but to struggle on. After several attempts, I finally managed to get the first stage of the Flash Tool working - the RED progress line would be shown, but then Windows started asking for another driver and the Flash Tool only gives you 30 seconds to work out what's going on and then stops. Also tried the Snappea route as shown in the video earlier in this forum - that didn't work either.

Finally today, I achieved success. But only after some real digging into Windows. I am running on XP - I think the same will work in Vista/7/8, but I can't find a way to view COM ports in device manager in Win 7. So XP it is.

First, you need to be able to see INSTALLED but currently UNPLUGGED devices. To do this start a CMD window (Windows-R => CMD). If doing this in Vista/7/8 you must run CMD as Administrator.

Then

start devmgmt.msc

On the VIEW menu, check the "Show Hidden Devices" option. Scroll down the list to the "PORTS (COM & LPT)" node and expand this. For the Flash Tool to work, you MUST have two com ports installed:

If you are having problems, chances are you will only see one of these ports present (or possibly none). If there is one, it will be the Preloader USB VCOM (Android) port.

Now we need to get the drivers installed. The ONLY way I could get this work is the following recipe.

First uninstall the driver you currently have installed (if any) - in Device Manager, right click on PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) (COMyy) and choose "UNINSTALL". Windows will remove the com port and its driver.

Download the drivers from http://www.4shared.com/rar/GXGsjWuQ/zopo_USB_Drivers.html?refurl=d1url (These are the drivers referenced in this post on ZOPO mobile store
http://www.zopomobileshop.com/zopo-...r-zopo-mobile-phone-step-by-step-instruction/)

Make sure you are running with Device Manager open and that you know exactly where the driver file was downloaded.. Power the phone off and remove the battery. Connect with USB. The laptop will start trying to install the driver for the phone. In Device Manager, a item will be added in the list of Ports, with a big yellow question mark on it. As soon as this item appears right click it and choose INSTALL DRIVER. Windows will prompt for the driver file - navigate to the location of the downloaded driver and choose it. Windows will list "PreLoader USB VCOM (Android)" as the available device - choose that. The driver will be installed.

NOW we have completed the first part, but the second driver still needs to be installed. The only way I could find of installing the second driver was to run the Flash Tool. Unplug your phone from the PC. Launch the Flash Tool, in OPTIONS choose "High Speed" and "With Battery". Open the scatter file (instructions in many other posts). Nothing is going to get flashed this time because one of the drivers is still missing. It is safe to press the DOWNLOAD button.

Put the battery in the phone and with the power off, connect the phone via USB again. The flash process will start - the red progress line will show. Then the process will stall and windows will start trying to install another driver. In Device Manager a new item should have been added, again with a big yellow question mark. Now follow the same procedure as before - right click on the icon with the question mark and choose INSTALL DRIVER again. Navigate to the same driver file and select it. Windows will now show the

MediaTek DA USB VCOM

Choose that and windows will install it. Device manager should now show the two drivers installed.

Now disconnect your phone and REMOVE THE BATTERY. Put the battery back and power on the phone to check it's still OK.

With the two drivers installed, the Flash Tool should work correctly - follow the Flash Tool instructions in the other posts to flash CWM (or another full ROM).

RobotPotato

Dec 26, 2012
Error 4050

I followed everything, installed all drivers. I have Win7 64bit Ultimate and I'm still getting error 4050, the one that appears after the red bar goes to 100%. Please help.:crying:

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

That's bcoz drivers are not installed properly.I also faced it.:cool:

JuSt HiT thAt ^ Butt**
Note:
1st * indicates o
2nd * indicates n
^ thanks.

How exactly were you able to fix it? Please, I need it.

athlonoc

Jan 21, 2011

Then

start devmgmt.msc

MediaTek DA USB VCOM

I have tried this method a thousand times. Honestly to the letter. I have tried drivers from various sites including the three step solution. I never get the drivers installed and the process of installing is truly a simple one.
Is it possible that there is something else missing on my windows 7 (32bit ) machine.
Also need to know if the data cable is a special one or will the cable that came with the phone be the right one. I have tried more than one cable and more than one machine.
Can the phone itself be the problem?
Is there any other software to flash an Android phone with MTK6577 chip inside?
I have a dead phone and quite desperate to sort it out

Thankd and kind Regards

Lee

vijayar

Oct 2, 2011
Bangalore
I have tried this method a thousand times. Honestly to the letter. I have tried drivers from various sites including the three step solution. I never get the drivers installed and the process of installing is truly a simple one.
Is it possible that there is something else missing on my windows 7 (32bit ) machine.
Also need to know if the data cable is a special one or will the cable that came with the phone be the right one. I have tried more than one cable and more than one machine.
Can the phone itself be the problem?
Is there any other software to flash an Android phone with MTK6577 chip inside?
I have a dead phone and quite desperate to sort it out

Thankd and kind Regards

Lee

Not sure where you are stuck and what is the error that you are getting. First let me know what is your device, second there is nothing to do with WIN 7, I have a WIN 7 64bit and everything is working fine for me without issues. Third follow all steps without missing in my post. Is your WIN 7 a genuine copy with updates upto date ? Not mandatory but helps a lot to update your WIN 7 and then try again. There is no special cable, as long as it is Micro USB it is fine, I have used my Motorola XOOM cable, LG optimus one cable, Blackberry cable...have had no issues so far.
Try disabling / uninstalling all devices reflecting against your phone / MTK6577 in WIN 7 device manager.

Also did you try using Snappea / PDA net (had given the links for this software in my posting) ?

claro966

Oct 20, 2010
W7 32bit....... might be the issue?!

Not sure where you are stuck and what is the error that you are getting. First let me know what is your device, second there is nothing to do with WIN 7, I have a WIN 7 64bit and everything is working fine for me without issues. Third follow all steps without missing in my post. Is your WIN 7 a genuine copy with updates upto date ? Not mandatory but helps a lot to update your WIN 7 and then try again. There is no special cable, as long as it is Micro USB it is fine, I have used my Motorola XOOM cable, LG optimus one cable, Blackberry cable...have had no issues so far.
Try disabling / uninstalling all devices reflecting against your phone / MTK6577 in WIN 7 device manager.

Also did you try using Snappea / PDA net (had given the links for this software in my posting) ?

I also tried thousands times in installing the drivers correctly before succeeding :eek:

I used both methods of "3 step" and "Zopo USB Driver" so many times on 2 PC, the first with OS W7 32bit and the second with OS XP 32bit.
Of course I did the same steps exactly on the first and on the second PC, and both are correctly licenced and updated, but only on the OS XP 32bit I got the drivers installed correctly so to run SP_FlashTool and flash the phone.
Same result using Snappea.

NO WAY to install drivers on OS W7 32bit !
and all people I've seen on the forums succeeded with XP or W7 64bit.... nobody with W7 32bit as far as I know.
May be is there a sort of incompatibility or something that doesn't work on W7 32bit or simply something to set before?

Please share your experience on W7 32bit, I'm curious to know if somebody could install drivers correctly on it! :victory:

flufytendo

Aug 15, 2012
hi, apparently some zp900 devices have problems with one ram module. There are 1Gb devices with a apparently loss 512mb. To fix it we have to flash zopo original rom.
Sorry about my English

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method successfully installs the CWM on the phone. CWM version supplied by ZOPO does not work. Use the CWM posted in the second link

I am a still learning and not a developer !

Hi All ZOPO ZP900 Leader Owners,

This is a guide for Installing Clock Work Mod Recovery Image on ZOPO ZP900 Leader Phone. Most of the owners of this fantastic phone would have desperately tried like me to install CWM on this phone (some may have found success). ZOPO does gives an option to order the phone pre-rooted however they do not install CWM ....or for that matter there is no Stock Recovery on the phone !!!. Start the phone with Power + Volume Up button pressed and your presented with an image of sick Android lying down with a Red triangle coming out of his opened stomach :laugh:

DONT TRY TO USE ROM MANAGER APP TO INSTALL CWM, THIS WILL ONLY BRICK YOUR PHONE !

So after breaking my head for couple of days, searching the net, downloading stuff I have successfully installed CWM !

So here are the steps !.

What you need
    1. ZOPO ZP900 Leader phone
    2. Download Fully working English CWM from here http://www.4shared.com/file/16vuWyiU/recovery.html. The one posted in Zopo website does not work.
    3. Download latest SP Flash Tool for MTK6577 from here http://www.4shared.com/zip/Xgc3G_hB/SP_Flash_Tool_v3122200.html
    4. Download the latest Stock ICS ROM for ZP900 from Zopo website link http://www.4shared.com/rar/hGY2ahbu/MP_MT77_root_en_play_fix_zp900.html
    5. Download MTK6577 Driver from Zopo website http://www.4shared.com/zip/YXlLFoLm/6577driver_install_3_steps.html

Installation Steps

1. Unzip and Install the USB drivers on your Windows PC using the MTK 6577 Driver Zip file. There will be 3 folders named First Step, Second Step & Third Step. Open First Step install the MTK driver MSI file. Post completion open Second Step, click on ClickInstall Driver, it will automatically install the USB driver. Press Exit after installation (Win 7 may give error that installation was incorrect, just ignore)
    Repeat the same for folder Third Step

Connect your phone switched off and battery removed using USB cable. Windows will recognize and install the MTK drivers for your phone (any free COM ports) will be configured. Disconnect the phone. Put the battery back but do not switch on the phone

2.Extract the latest ROM folder from downloaded ICS ROM. You will get 2 folders

database
    MP_MT77_h958_zp900_zwx_ics_20120912-155136_TSZ_PC

Open the second folder (MP_MT77***). This is the folder that has all the image files. You will find recovery.img file. This is original file. You can either rename it or keep a back up and delete it.

3. Copy the new CWM recovery.img file that you downloaded from ZOPO website in this folder. Rename it to be recovery.img

4. Extract and run SP flash Tool.exe (the one with Blue image icon)

5.Click on Options, USB Mode will be checked, DA Download All will be checked, in the sub options Speed will be Checked High Speed, Battery select With Battery. Come to the main Application window

6. Click on Scatter-loading button which is on the right side below Downloading Agent. A window will open. Browse to your extracted ICS ROM folder, click on folder MP_MT77****. By default you will have only one map file of name MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc. Select this

7. The flash tool will populate the Map file on the application window. You will see multiple Entries such as
    PRELOADER
    DSP_BL
    MBR

etc etc. Each will have a check box which is by default checked.

8. UNCHECK all entries EXCEPT FOR "RECOVERY". Leave Recovery checked.

9. Now click on "Download" on the Application or press F9 on keyboard. A warning message will pop up. Press YES

10. You will see in the status bar below "Searching"

11. Connect your phone (switched off and with battery inserted) via the USB cable.

12. Flash tool will do its stuff. First a red progress bar, then a count down, a quick yellow progress bar and final window showing Green Circle.

If you get this the Congrats You have flashed CWM !

Check by unplugging the phone and re-starting it with Power+Volume Up button Pressed. The Phone will boot into CWM !.

Enjoy !

Warning - Please follow the instructions. Don't mess around with anything else. Not responsible if you do anything else and brick your device !

In case you get any other error on SP Flash Tool, then recheck your MTK driver installation. Try on another PC.

Now I hope this opens the door for many other things !

Additional Info -

Install PDAnet from here http://www.junefabrics.com/android/download.php or Snappea from www.snappea.com to make your device get recognized when connected to the computer. Install this with your phone switched on, this software installs the necessary drivers for the phone, post which you can use flash tool.
    Flash Tool Driver Problems Solved (Maybe)

Then

start devmgmt.msc

MediaTek DA USB VCOM

OK i just read about this app :) thanks... but... have you got a Zopo zp900 too ?¿?¿ did you root it using this app ?¿

I have the Hero9300+ aka zp900s same thing just about. It will work for the zp900 also I have no doubt as the script is for ics and jb and minpulates the back up and restore portion.
    Can you give the link please for the cwm

Sent from my ZP900 using xda app-developers app

Please quote the post you are replying to next time. I am not sure this is direct at me. But this is where I download the Chinese recovery: http://www.4shared.com/rar/8rDUHV4w/Taiwan101_H9500_CWM_Recovery.html?cau2=403tNull

using v6.0.1.2

If you have used the CWM given by ZOPO then there is a problem with that. Use the CWM link I have given in the second post.