[Q] how to change rom screen resolution

Search This thread

deanstead2k10

Jun 13, 2010
hi i am trying to do a port from a rom that has a different screen resolution to the phone i want to port to i have the rom booting fine but at the wrong resolution can anyone tell me how to change this, thanks in advance

Mesaman2012

Jun 13, 2012
How much of a resolution are you trying to change?Like for instance is it hard to port a ROM from a phone that has a 4x7" screen to a 4x3" screen. Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

deanstead2k10

Jun 13, 2010
How much of a resolution are you trying to change?Like for instance is it hard to port a ROM from a phone that has a 4x7" screen to a 4x3" screen. Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

thanks for the reply i dont know the original resolution but i am trying to go to 1280x720 which can be done as somebody has already ported the rom to my phone but its an older version im wanting to port the newer version, i have checked the build.prop and there is no dpi option even on the rom i have working thanks

Mesaman2012

Jun 13, 2012
Can I change the resolution and port a ROM from a HTC one x to a HTC sensation?Is it possible to do that?and is it a hard process to do. Thanks

Bruce's 4.1.2 j.b. rom

Reactions: itssomraj

andr0id_guru

Jan 9, 2013
Can I change resolution and port ROM from the Galaxy S2 (800x480px) to the SE Xperia Mini Pro (480x320px)? :confused:

Last edited:

c.vignesh

Jun 15, 2013
aurangabad
just helping

hey guys i m new to android development :) but according to my research i found this in my build.prop :
ro.sf.7x27A.lcd_density=240
ro.sf.8x25.lcd_density=240
So you gotta edit those lines in your build.prop or you can look in your base rom's build.prop And my devices are samsung galaxy grand and celkon ct 888

Nov 22, 2012
Nashik
any one help

I got 2 phones with different screen size and resolution
my base rom is 4.5 inches 540 X 960
my port rom is 5 inches and 480 x 854 what changes do i need to do

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I believe this line is the line you are looking for in the build.prop

Code:
    ro.sf.lcd_density=[some number here]

mine for the HTC Rezound on my rom is 320
    Can I change the resolution and port a ROM from a HTC one x to a HTC sensation?Is it possible to do that?and is it a hard process to do. Thanks

Bruce's 4.1.2 j.b. rom
    Screen Resolution depends on Hardware...Its not Resolution you guys are trying to change,its the Screen Density per Inch.......And porting 720p ROms will work on Devices having lower Resolution but it wont give 720p Resolution :victory: