FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The AT&T Jelly Bean Release Thread (4.1.1 released; Kies and OTA)

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 435

By ikjadoon, Senior Member on 10th November 2012, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th November 2012, 02:31 PM |#571  
Flag Fairfax, VA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm starting to hate this "in the very near future" phrase... JUST GIVE US A DATE AT&T!!!!!! Well, at least they are acknowledging there is an update coming soon.

My update check time restriction is still 24hrs.
29th November 2012, 02:35 PM |#572  
Flag Hillsborough
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by troycarpenter

AND, the advisory says 4.1, not 4.2.

Yup! Good old AT&T keeping us guessing all the time....
29th November 2012, 02:40 PM |#573  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagosto

I'm starting to hate this "in the very near future" phrase... JUST GIVE US A DATE AT&T!!!!!! Well, at least they are acknowledging there is an update coming soon.

My update check time restriction is still 24hrs.

Clear the data from the update process and it lets you check again.

Jacob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Pilot135R For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pilot135R Ad-Free
29th November 2012, 02:45 PM |#574  
Flag Fairfax, VA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot135R

Jacob

Thanks, I haven't used a stock rom in a long time and totally forgot about these things.
29th November 2012, 02:50 PM |#575  
Flag Hillsborough

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot135R

Jacob

I don't have to clear anything. Just checked & it is now reading that I can check again "0hours and 33minues". Does this mean anything...$60K question?!
29th November 2012, 03:02 PM |#576  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
There is absolutely no way it's going to be 4.2...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
29th November 2012, 03:17 PM |#577  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond, KY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randun

This new note is now appearing on AT&T's Wireless Support section (https://www.att.com/esupport/article...id=f_Z83wxKcS0).

Advisory:

The Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS update for Samsung Galaxy III is available from Android, and AT&T will have the update available for our customers in the very near future.

Welp. Man, I was too optimistic. Brian, why? Why?!

I guess it was a typo, then.

Thread title changed. Thanks, Randun!
29th November 2012, 03:20 PM |#578  
Flag Washington DC

More
Just tried to check and got 24 hours too. Not that I'm concerned, don't expect it to be out within that time frame.

Also title was definitely misleading, there has been zero official confirmation from AT&T. Just from misinformed or confused customer service reps (Or simply don't care, and just want to tell you what you want to hear).

When I called in about selling my Galaxy S3 and asking to make sure my my data plan would be ok if I decided to switch to a Nexus 4.. the rep told me that the Nexus 4 wasn't out yet. Then proceeded to tell me how the Galaxy Nexus wouldn't work with AT&T. I realize not all of them are like this, but I would take anything short of a official press release with a grain of salt.
29th November 2012, 03:37 PM |#579  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond, KY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoali

Just tried to check and got 24 hours too. Not that I'm concerned, don't expect it to be out within that time frame.

Also title was definitely misleading, there has been zero official confirmation from AT&T. Just from misinformed or confused customer service reps (Or simply don't care, and just want to tell you what you want to hear).

When I called in about selling my Galaxy S3 and asking to make sure my my data plan would be ok if I decided to switch to a Nexus 4.. the rep told me that the Nexus 4 wasn't out yet. Then proceeded to tell me how the Galaxy Nexus wouldn't work with AT&T. I realize not all of them are like this, but I would take anything short of a official press release with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have put 99%. Maybe 60%.

I think the original document all these people sourced had "4.2" and not "4.1." Why would so many people make the same mistake, if it actually said 4.1? It wasn't only CSRs, but an official AT&T Twitter handle and a corporate employee who works at AT&T also stated 4.2.
29th November 2012, 03:51 PM |#580  
Flag Hillsborough

More
I just spoke with my anonymous source who for reasons of protecting my relationship with them & vice-versa, I can say no more. The bottom line is no confirmatory information regarding the timing of release, the version number, etc. is going to be released to users at this point for a variety of reasons. Thus, I'm going to sit back & cool my jets & just wait as any specific answers being provided to us, or anyone else, are simply not sanctioned. I can assure that I'm not 'blowing smoke' as I have the utmost respect for this person & will leave it at that.
The Following User Says Thank You to randun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift randun Ad-Free
29th November 2012, 03:56 PM |#581  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randun

I just spoke with my anonymous source who for reasons of protecting my relationship with them & vice-versa, I can say no more. The bottom line is no confirmatory information regarding the timing of release, the version number, etc. is going to be released to users at this point for a variety of reasons. Thus, I'm going to sit back & cool my jets & just wait as any specific answers being provided to us, or anyone else, are simply not sanctioned. I can assure that I'm not 'blowing smoke' as I have the utmost respect for this person & will leave it at that.

Without being too specific, is it worth rooting and ROMing at this point, or is it still worth waiting?

"no confirmatory information regarding the timing of release, the version number, etc. is going to be released to users at this point for a variety of reasons"

This hints at the possibility that the update is not yet ready for prime time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)