FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The AT&T Jelly Bean Release Thread (4.1.1 released; Kies and OTA)

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 435

By ikjadoon, Senior Member on 10th November 2012, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th November 2012, 03:56 PM |#581  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randun

I just spoke with my anonymous source who for reasons of protecting my relationship with them & vice-versa, I can say no more. The bottom line is no confirmatory information regarding the timing of release, the version number, etc. is going to be released to users at this point for a variety of reasons. Thus, I'm going to sit back & cool my jets & just wait as any specific answers being provided to us, or anyone else, are simply not sanctioned. I can assure that I'm not 'blowing smoke' as I have the utmost respect for this person & will leave it at that.

Without being too specific, is it worth rooting and ROMing at this point, or is it still worth waiting?

"no confirmatory information regarding the timing of release, the version number, etc. is going to be released to users at this point for a variety of reasons"

This hints at the possibility that the update is not yet ready for prime time.
29th November 2012, 04:08 PM |#582  
Thanks Meter: 155

More
The big question, is whether it will be 4.1.2 (which added multiview to the international s3) or 4.1.1 (which doesn't have it)

Sent from my Galaxy S III
29th November 2012, 04:30 PM |#583  
Flag Hillsborough
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny

Without being too specific, is it worth rooting and ROMing at this point, or is it still worth waiting?

"no confirmatory information regarding the timing of release, the version number, etc. is going to be released to users at this point for a variety of reasons"

This hints at the possibility that the update is not yet ready for prime time.

I'm waiting myself as I'm one of those types that fit in the category of if it might go wrong, it definitely will.

As for 'not ready for prime time" there's enough chatter out there now & I think that we've all learned from this very informational dialogue, that there will be no fact-based answer regarding release timing, version number, etc. until we receive that text message from AT&T that says GO!
29th November 2012, 04:42 PM |#584  
Thanks Meter: 203

More
Quote:

I just spoke with my anonymous source who for reasons of protecting my relationship with them & vice-versa, I can say no more. The bottom line is no confirmatory information regarding the timing of release, the version number, etc. is going to be released to users at this point for a variety of reasons. Thus, I'm going to sit back & cool my jets & just wait as any specific answers being provided to us, or anyone else, are simply not sanctioned. I can assure that I'm not 'blowing smoke' as I have the utmost respect for this person & will leave it at that.

Att customer service representatives usually don't know about updates till the day of (or even after).

So "not released to users" is not actually that. Att doesn't tell their own employees till the last minute.

Your friends comment is also most likely not inside information but he knows he won't know till its released.. Just like us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
29th November 2012, 04:51 PM |#585  
Flag New York

More
Quote:

I'm waiting myself as I'm one of those types that fit in the category of if it might go wrong, it definitely will.

As for 'not ready for prime time" there's enough chatter out there now & I think that we've all learned from this very informational dialogue, that there will be no fact-based answer regarding release timing, version number, etc. until we receive that text message from AT&T that says GO!

I nearly pulled the trigger on a Nexus 4 the other day to cross AT&T and the manufacturer out of the update equation, but....no LTE!

I'll give AT&T credit for acknowledging the update on their website. However, I don't buy into the "very near future" bit. I've rooted and ROMed phones in the past, but only out of necessity. Unfortunately, with AT&T being involved, it's becoming a necessity once again. Fortunately, the Canadian SGH-I747M model will be receiving Jellybean starting December 3. From what I understand, it's nearly identical to our model. At least we'll have a stable custom ROM within a few days of release!
29th November 2012, 05:04 PM |#586  
Flag Freehold, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny

I nearly pulled the trigger on a Nexus 4 the other day to cross AT&T and the manufacturer out of the update equation, but....no LTE!

I'll give AT&T credit for acknowledging the update on their website. However, I don't buy into the "very near future" bit. I've rooted and ROMed phones in the past, but only out of necessity. Unfortunately, with AT&T being involved, it's becoming a necessity once again. Fortunately, the Canadian SGH-I747M model will be receiving Jellybean starting December 3. From what I understand, it's nearly identical to our model. At least we'll have a stable custom ROM within a few days of release!

I was about to do this as well but then freak in nexus 4 has a 5 week wait

sent from my Nexus 7 while my SGS3 rests!
29th November 2012, 05:09 PM |#587  
Flag Fairfax, VA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano

And that lead time is for the 16GB, the 8GB has a 8-9 wks lead time.
29th November 2012, 05:10 PM |#588  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,400

Donate to Me
More
Samsung just posted that Jelly Bean is rolling out Monday to our Canadians neighbors to the north. That is some BS! They torture us with Celine Dion & Justin Beiber and then are rewarded by Samsung with an earlier release of JB than the US users.
29th November 2012, 05:25 PM |#589  
Flag Freehold, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagosto

And that lead time is for the 16GB, the 8GB has a 8-9 wks lead time.

Which is so weird who wants the 8gb?

29th November 2012, 05:28 PM |#590  
Flag Fairfax, VA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Exactly
29th November 2012, 05:28 PM |#591  
Flag New York

More
Quote:

Which means that it'll arrive before AT&T releases Jellybean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

Samsung just posted that Jelly Bean is rolling out Monday to our Canadians neighbors to the north. That is some BS! They torture us with Celine Dion & Justin Beiber and then are rewarded by Samsung with an earlier release of JB than the US users.

This is a good thing. As I've mentioned earlier, this phone is nearly identical to ours, so we'll have a stable custom ROM in a few days!

Quote:

LG probably didn't manufacture too many of them for this exact reason. This explains the longer lead time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)