FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The AT&T Jelly Bean Release Thread (4.1.1 released; Kies and OTA)

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 435

By ikjadoon, Senior Member on 10th November 2012, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th November 2012, 06:49 PM |#601  
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 30

More
That's kinda a dick move.. We are gonna get it just be patient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

29th November 2012, 06:51 PM |#602  
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randun

Good luck but I very respectfully disagree with your actions. Please do understand that this is my own opinion but I feel strongly that you don't have sufficient evidence or discovery that could be effectively used against any governing body and/or company.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

I think he has a valid argument providing he bought a galaxy s3 for att directly from samsung while they are advertising that it comes with android 4.1 (that's the bait) and when you opened the box you find out that it was not available yet (switch). Just think if you bought that dell laptop advertising windows 8 and when you open the box you find it has vista! Smart move too filing the complaint on the local court end, chances are samsung nor at&t will show up to court and you will win by default. Too bad small claims court only pays out something like $500. Still thats a free phone. If the Federal trade commission takes your claim they could fine samsung a nice chunk of change but you wont see any of that. Best of luck on your crusade though.
29th November 2012, 06:52 PM |#603  
Flag Johnstown
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiKsFiles

Releasing an update at the very beginning of a month that doesn't even exist in the said version... lol

Maybe that's why they can't give a specific date.
29th November 2012, 06:54 PM |#604  
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ77

this can't be serious, can it? what exactly about buying a phone advertised to have ICS, and receiving it running ICS, is "bait and switch"? were you promised an update date by Samsung or AT&T when the phone was purchased?

I believe he was referring to this link . http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...SGH-I747MBBATT

it does say it comes with android 4.1

also says it here . http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...47MBBATT-specs
29th November 2012, 07:11 PM |#605  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshneer

That's kinda a dick move.. We are gonna get it just be patient.

I'm sorry, but that's BS. I bet AT&T wouldn't like it if I delayed payment on my bill and told them to be patient when collections called.
29th November 2012, 07:21 PM |#606  
Flag Hillsborough
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intub8

I think he has a valid argument providing he bought a galaxy s3 for att directly from samsung while they are advertising that it comes with android 4.1 (that's the bait) and when you opened the box you find out that it was not available yet (switch). Just think if you bought that dell laptop advertising windows 8 and when you open the box you find it has vista! Smart move too filing the complaint on the local court end, chances are samsung nor at&t will show up to court and you will win by default. Too bad small claims court only pays out something like $500. Still thats a free phone. If the Federal trade commission takes your claim they could fine samsung a nice chunk of change but you wont see any of that. Best of luck on your crusade though.

I'll make this my last comment on this subject but he doesn't mention any of the facts that you note in his post. I think we are both on the same page from a legal perspective but it's my opinion that meeting the standards of proving a 'bait & switch ' here would be extremely difficult to meet. That's all...

29th November 2012, 07:23 PM |#607  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny

I'm sorry, but that's BS. I bet AT&T wouldn't like it if I delayed payment on my bill and told them to be patient when collections called.

I like your thinking.
29th November 2012, 07:23 PM |#608  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Yeah, but unfortunately, we're under a contract to pay AT&T for service. They aren't under a contract to provide updates to our phones unless they are essential to maintaining daily function of the device. This is why carriers shouldn't be determining if/when android updates are released. There is no value added to any tweaks that AT&T makes on the devices.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrFanta5stic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrFanta5stic Ad-Free
29th November 2012, 07:28 PM |#609  
Flag Freehold, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFanta5stic

Yeah, but unfortunately, we're under a contract to pay AT&T for service. They aren't under a contract to provide updates to our phones unless they are essential to maintaining daily function of the device. This is why carriers shouldn't be determining if/when android updates are released. There is no value added to any tweaks that AT&T makes on the devices.

Wow common sense who knew that in this sea of irrationality it still existed. Good on you mate!

sent from my Nexus 7 while my SGS3 rests!
29th November 2012, 07:29 PM |#610  
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Like a pack of hungry wolves getting ready to pounce on prey.

Troll-lol-lol

Sorry, I had to have some fun.

29th November 2012, 07:34 PM |#611  
Flag Freehold, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny

Problem is you signed a contract to pay your bill on time they in no place in the contract guarantee software updates

sent from my Nexus 7 while my SGS3 rests!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)