Kernel source tree location for the capacitative touch keys

Search This thread

Droidzone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro
So I dived into the N7100 kernel, and tried a defconfig with Samsung's config. After a couple of setbacks in the form of toolchain related errors, I got it to create a zImage with the NDK/gcc4.4.3. But on booting, I noticed that the capacitative touch keys would no longer work. I'm guessing that I'm missing something in .config.

So where should I be looking in .config and the source tree for code related to the capacitative buttons?

I'm thinking we might work on a collaborative wiki for N7100 kernel source tree.

Reactions: amirnote

garyd9

Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Samsung didn't share that with ANY of the "note II" variant source drops. However, you can pull the source directory from the i9300 kernel source. I forget the exact path (I'm at work atm), but it's something like drivers/input/keyboard/cypress

Take care
Gary

cmenard

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Atlanta
Samsung didn't share that with ANY of the "note II" variant source drops. However, you can pull the source directory from the i9300 kernel source. I forget the exact path (I'm at work atm), but it's something like drivers/input/keyboard/cypress

Take care
Gary

You grab it from the n8000 source which is full of updates for our devices. Or check my t889 kernel on github. I put the cypress drivers in a clean commit you can then create a patch from.

Last edited:

Droidzone

Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro

Take care
Gary

Except the HK source? :)

I was just looking into your git and found cypress in your initial commit and that you'd actually based the git on the HK source drop.

I untarred the HK source and found cypress there too. What did Samsung think? That international users could do without the capacitative buttons? :p

Edit: Compiled without a single error. Thank you.

Last edited:

garyd9

Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I was just looking into your git and found cypress in your initial commit and that you'd actually based the git on the HK source drop.
You quoted me in that response... but I don't have any HK source drops in my github. The only Note II source drop I have is the SGH-i317 drop (and it's missing the cypress drivers as well.) Hmm..

Droidzone

Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro
You quoted me in that response... but I don't have any HK source drops in my github. The only Note II source drop I have is the SGH-i317 drop (and it's missing the cypress drivers as well.) Hmm..

lol..Sorry, I must've confused your repo with someone else's.

Anyway, check out the HK N7100 repo. It is complete and is about 10 MB more than the international stuff. :)

Emblema

Jun 5, 2006
Cagliari
Except the HK source? :)

I untarred the HK source and found cypress there too. What did Samsung think? That international users could do without the capacitative buttons? :p

Edit: Compiled without a single error. Thank you.

Hi I'm having your problem, I'm download kernel source's and try bulding my First kernel for Gt N 7102, workinkg all except touchkeys.

Help me ?

Thanks bro

Sent from my GT-N7102 using Tapatalk 2

Emblema

Jun 5, 2006
Cagliari
Did you use the HK source? What's the error?

Edit: Missed the N7102 part. See if cypress is present

Code:
cd /pathto/kernel
find . -iname cypress -type d

In original samsung source's cipress is not present but, I'm download from other source and insert in the correctly tree.

I'm modify kconfig file.

Try make menuconfig and cipress comparte to device input-->keyboard.

Make and install new kernel but touch keys not working.

Excuse my English and 'horrible.

Droidzone

Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro
In original samsung source's cipress is not present but, I'm download from other source and insert in the correctly tree.

I'm modify kconfig file.

Try make menuconfig and cipress comparte to device input-->keyboard.

Make and install new kernel but touch keys not working.

Excuse my English and 'horrible.

Check your makefiles, and see that cypress has been asked to build.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I dived into the N7100 kernel, and tried a defconfig with Samsung's config. After a couple of setbacks in the form of toolchain related errors, I got it to create a zImage with the NDK/gcc4.4.3. But on booting, I noticed that the capacitative touch keys would no longer work. I'm guessing that I'm missing something in .config.

So where should I be looking in .config and the source tree for code related to the capacitative buttons?

I'm thinking we might work on a collaborative wiki for N7100 kernel source tree.