FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The AT&T Jelly Bean Release Thread (4.1.1 released; Kies and OTA)

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 435
 
By ikjadoon, Senior Member on 10th November 2012, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th November 2012, 07:34 PM |#611  
AndreaCristiano's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Freehold, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 278
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny

I'm sorry, but that's BS. I bet AT&T wouldn't like it if I delayed payment on my bill and told them to be patient when collections called.

Problem is you signed a contract to pay your bill on time they in no place in the contract guarantee software updates

sent from my Nexus 7 while my SGS3 rests!
 
 
29th November 2012, 07:34 PM |#612  
markandmyia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intub8

I think he has a valid argument providing he bought a galaxy s3 for att directly from samsung while they are advertising that it comes with android 4.1 (that's the bait) and when you opened the box you find out that it was not available yet (switch). Just think if you bought that dell laptop advertising windows 8 and when you open the box you find it has vista! Smart move too filing the complaint on the local court end, chances are samsung nor at&t will show up to court and you will win by default. Too bad small claims court only pays out something like $500. Still thats a free phone. If the Federal trade commission takes your claim they could fine samsung a nice chunk of change but you wont see any of that. Best of luck on your crusade though.

Maybe next time there is an update
...they wont say anything until you get it?
That's like poking em with a stick....I agree ...dick move.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
29th November 2012, 07:40 PM |#613  
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFanta5stic

Yeah, but unfortunately, we're under a contract to pay AT&T for service. They aren't under a contract to provide updates to our phones unless they are essential to maintaining daily function of the device. This is why carriers shouldn't be determining if/when android updates are released. There is no value added to any tweaks that AT&T makes on the devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Wait, you don't use AT&T Navigator?!?!
The Following User Says Thank You to NYYFan02 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NYYFan02 Ad-Free
29th November 2012, 07:53 PM |#614  
kgbkny's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFanta5stic

Yeah, but unfortunately, we're under a contract to pay AT&T for service. They aren't under a contract to provide updates to our phones unless they are essential to maintaining daily function of the device. This is why carriers shouldn't be determining if/when android updates are released. There is no value added to any tweaks that AT&T makes on the devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Yes, but it would certainly feel great to tell them that they'll receive their payment when we receive Jellybean.

To expound on your statement a bit, we pay AT&T for service; as such, shouldn't they stick to service and stay out of the update business?
29th November 2012, 07:54 PM |#615  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Why cant samsung give us the update with no bloatware and then if att wants they add their stupid apps to the play store and let us download them at our free will. That way we dont have to wait for att to make their apps work with the update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
29th November 2012, 08:00 PM |#616  
runtohell121's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126
 
More
^Because our phone is subsidized by AT&T... Samsung have no say to when will the firmware update be release because AT&T must approve it first before being released to the public.
29th November 2012, 08:01 PM |#617  
Intub8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 370
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey_r

Why cant samsung give us the update with no bloatware and then if att wants they add their stupid apps to the play store and let us download them at our free will. That way we dont have to wait for att to make their apps work with the update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

That would make too much sense.
29th November 2012, 08:01 PM |#618  
AndreaCristiano's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Freehold, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 278
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny

Yes, but it would certainly feel great to tell them that they'll receive their payment when we receive Jellybean.

To expound on your statement a bit, we pay AT&T for service; as such, shouldn't they stick to service and stay out of the update business?

Once again this is googles and samsungs fault because they don't put those restrictions. If Google cared a bit more then it would force the carrier hands but alas they do not and here we are

sent from my Nexus 7 while my SGS3 rests!
29th November 2012, 08:03 PM |#619  
jetpuck73's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Trenton, MI.
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
All I can say is WOW, it is just a phone.
29th November 2012, 08:08 PM |#620  
ZeekWorld's Avatar
Member
Flag Avon, CO
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
AT&T was nominated the worst carrier of the year again (reports from yesterday) its all over the Internet in case you want to read about it.
I wonder if this matters at all with making us costumers happy - phone updates included
29th November 2012, 08:18 PM |#621  
AndreaCristiano's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Freehold, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 278
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeekWorld

AT&T was nominated the worst carrier of the year again (reports from yesterday) its all over the Internet in case you want to read about it.
I wonder if this matters at all with making us costumers happy - phone updates included

That's a crock of **** especially coming from consumer retards. They are so transparent and bais its unbelievable

from my SGS3 while my nexus 7 rests

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpuck73

All I can say is WOW, it is just a phone.

Agreed totally out of hand

from my SGS3 while my nexus 7 rests
The Following User Says Thank You to AndreaCristiano For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndreaCristiano Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes