[ROM][JB4.2.1][AOSP] Infinity TF700T [Alpha 2][12/11/2012]

Search This thread

nycbjr

Oct 10, 2006
New York
***Update!***
Sorry I've not been active much in the thread but I've been busy trying to get more working on this rom, Ive had wallpaper fixed for over a week, and today thanks to an assist from jaybob413 audio is working without the need of hot plugging a headset! This will probably be the last release of this as I will move this to baked soon, but hey you never know.

Introduction.

Standard disclaimer applies..

Whats Working
1. OpenGL graphics
2. Bluetooth/Bluetooth Audio
3. Wifi
5. Sound
6. Microphone
4. Rotation
5. sdcard

*Notes
This rom is utilizing the new JB4.2 hwcomposer 1.0 API's 100%, no legacy. I also re-wrote the audio source to make it work, it was my first try at doing this! Speaker fixed thanks to jaybob413!

Whats not working
1. GPS
2. Camera

Download
Rom
Jelly Bean 4.2.1 Infinity TF700T Alpha 2 -12/11/2012 Link

JB 4.2.1 Gapps

Sources
You can always find my work on my github
nycbjr
TeamBAKED

Last edited:

nycbjr

Oct 10, 2006
New York
Interesting .... nice to see another developer working for us :victory: Question.... what do you mean by bb based ??

Good luck with this project.

..EDIT: ah bb = BaseBand ?

Another? I've been one of the prime dev's working on the TF700T for months, was the first to release a usable tree for AOSP roms for this device, and have been releasing roms for TeamBaked for which i am one of the developers for months here LOL :p:p:p:p

BB = BakedBlackbean.

No offence taken....

Reactions: okantomi

lafester

Feb 11, 2007
I'll check it out in a bit.

Been running 4.2 on my nexus since it was released and it is pretty nice.

Thibor69

Sorry mate, didn't mean anything negative by my post ... I am somewhat new to the Infinity. I been mainly following Stock discussions...
Major prop's to you and your team !! Keep up the great work you do :good:

Another? I've been one of the prime dev's working on the TF700T for months, was the first to release a usable tree for AOSP roms for this device, and have been releasing roms for TeamBaked for which i am one of the developers for months here LOL :p:p:p:p

BB = BakedBlackbean.

No offence taken....

maxal

Jan 17, 2012
Southampton
Just flashed this rom and then done a backup using twrp, a word of warning when you do a backup 4.2.1 creates a a new folder on your internal sdcard named 0.
I have a Galaxy Nexus phone and when I updated from 4.1 to 4.2 I had the same problem so twrp released an update to resolve the problem
I am using twrp 2321 on my phone and I have twrp 2310 on my tablet.

dasunsrule32

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Introduction
Presenting the first port of JB 4.2 for the Transformer Infinity TF700T! I've been working hard to port this the right way, damnsrule has helped along the way, its far from perfect, but I thought I had enough working for a alpha release.

Also note that this is mearly a warm up for TeamBaked, once our 4.2 tree is ready I will switch this rom/.thread to be bb based. Until then enjoy!

Whats Working
1. OpenGL graphics
3. Wifi
5. Sound (requires headset hot plug to enable speakers)
4. Rotation
5. sdcard

*Notes
This rom is utilizing the new JB4.2 hwcomposer 1.0 API's 100%, no legacy. I also re-wrote the audio source to make it work, it was my first try at doing this! Hopefully I can work out the microphone and speaker init issues soon.

Whats not working
1. GPS
2. Camera
3. Microphone
4. Static wallpaper bug (I know how to fix this)

Download
Rom
Jelly Bean 4.2 Infinity TF700T Alpha 1 -11/29/2012 Link

JB 4.2 GApps

Sources and Thank yous coming soon!

Good job. I've been buried with work the past 3 days, I have gotten almost no deving done. Funny how things get in the way :)

TheAnarchist1

Mar 14, 2010
Baltimore
This is exciting!!!!

Dasunrule: Do not sweat it too much dude. The last CM10 Nightly that you left us for the TF700 the other night is more than enough to keep us held over until 4.2.1 becomes just a BIT more stable! I am running the last nightly with NO Clemysn kernel or other mods and am having ZERO issues that could kill performance per-say :good: to both of you!

Keion

Nov 6, 2011
Danville, California
Surprisingly polished for an "alpha".
Only problems I see are the lack of live wallpapers and user accounts.
I think I'll alternate between this one and cm.

I_EAT_BABIES

Dec 30, 2011
San Diego
I find it interesting that whenever I see a new AOSP ROM or version of one that comes out for the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity it always seems to say that the camera and GPS do not work.

This is the case with pretty much every device regardless. My guess would be that proprietary drivers are the issue.

Awesome man! I love your work (writing this from a BBB'ed GNex) and can't wait to get home and flash this and follow the progress. You have a donation coming your way on payday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ostar2

Nov 22, 2012
Nice!

Nice. :good: :good: :good: How long do you think until cm 10.1 releases with android 4.2.1 support?

mj23kb24

Dec 23, 2010
Pueblo
Just flashed this ROM and just wanted to say thank you for one, for two this 4.2 layout is so awesome I personally love it. With that said this ROM is in alpha and definitely an up in coming ROM I hope. As of right now its not stable enough for a day to dayuse . Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

bryce09

Nov 18, 2012
T hank you. I Really enjoy using your ROM. It has been a driver for since two days and it has been pretty stable. There is one flaw which bothers me though: there is no audio over HDMI.
I hope that you keep up the good work and keep this supported :)

Sent from my Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***Update!***
    Sorry I've not been active much in the thread but I've been busy trying to get more working on this rom, Ive had wallpaper fixed for over a week, and today thanks to an assist from jaybob413 audio is working without the need of hot plugging a headset! This will probably be the last release of this as I will move this to baked soon, but hey you never know.

Introduction.

Whats Working
    1. OpenGL graphics
    3. Wifi
    5. Sound
    6. Microphone
    4. Rotation
    5. sdcard

*Notes
    This rom is utilizing the new JB4.2 hwcomposer 1.0 API's 100%, no legacy. I also re-wrote the audio source to make it work, it was my first try at doing this! Speaker fixed thanks to jaybob413!

Whats not working
    1. GPS
    2. Camera

Download
    Rom
    Jelly Bean 4.2.1 Infinity TF700T Alpha 2 -12/11/2012 Link

JB 4.2.1 Gapps

Sources
    You can always find my work on my github
    nycbjr
    TeamBAKED
    Interesting .... nice to see another developer working for us :victory: Question.... what do you mean by bb based ??

Good luck with this project.

..EDIT: ah bb = BaseBand ?

BB = BakedBlackbean.

No offence taken....
    sorry for the noob question, but what exactly do that mean? it not backwards compatible? ( as in not able to run old apps?)

I think he means that none of this ROM is using API's from older builds/hwcomposer, which may or may not be the reason the camera/gps isn't up, as they may not have had the interface for 4.2 put together yet.