HD2 ToolBox app and linux Hot BootLoader

Search This thread

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London

Sancher

Mar 25, 2009
LG G7 ThinQ
Can someone plz give me xorg.conf file configurated to work in landscape mode?
I`ve tried to configure it by myself but there are some troubles and i have to reupload img file to my sdcard every time i try to change xorg.conf. Because it becomes unusable and i cannot even change it back.
I dunno why, but Option "InvX", Option "InvY", Option "AngleOffset" dont work.

Last edited:

hellrokr

Jul 30, 2012
A.F.K.

Sancher

Mar 25, 2009
LG G7 ThinQ
Guys, any news about this wonderful tool? And what do you think about using the same technology(HBL) on XOLO X900/Orange San Diego/Lenovo K800??? In theory, its possible to run linux x86 on it!!! They have already got root access. Im not good at this stuff, just asking.

Rahul7301

Aug 16, 2009
New Delhi
Thanks Sancher. I think I am making some mistake in replacing the xorg.conf file to the package and thats why I cant get it right.

Could someone explain the actual steps to replace the conf file from system with this file??

Last edited:

Sancher

Mar 25, 2009
LG G7 ThinQ
Well, you can just download it in debian using browser(if default browser doesn`t work you can install iceweasel using terminal and virtual keyboard. Just open terminal and type: aptitude install iceweasel). Then put it instead of original one which is situated at etc/X11 folder of debian File System using File Manager.
Or you can copy&paste it to original one using virtual keyboard))
Maybe there are another way to do it, I`m not sure.

Reactions: Burag and Rahul7301

james.carter

Nov 13, 2012
HD2 ToolBox Android v4.1+ compatibility..

Has anyone been able to successfully use the HD2 ToolBox on android v 4.1 (JellyBean) and above versions in NativeSD ROMS??

For me, on installing the HD2 ToolBox its gets installed, but after setting up HBL the phone reboots being stuck on HTC logo (splash screen after MAGLDR) and android doesn't load ever and I have to reinstall the ROM. However, the app works fine on Android 2.3.5 or 2.3.7 versions of NativeSD ROMs.

Any suggestions how to use the HD2 ToolBox in Android 4.1+ versions??

Last edited:

Sancher

Mar 25, 2009
LG G7 ThinQ
Try to install live dmesg lite before installing HBL. I dont know why, but it helps:laugh:
For me - this tool(HD2ToolBox) is the best realization of Linux on HD2. I dont understand why it is abandoned and not being developed. I was able to use GIMP, iceweasel, nodejs and many more on it. It works fast and smooth without need to use VNC.
The only problem - interface is not very touch-friendly. If someone made touch-friendly interface like Ubuntu Phone and placed here, it would be PERFECT!!!

Last edited:

james.carter

Nov 13, 2012
Still stuck on 'Loading Linux'

Try to install live dmesg lite before installing HBL. I dont know why, but it helps:laugh:
For me - this tool(HD2ToolBox) is the best realization of Linux on HD2. I dont understand why it is abandoned and not being developed. I was able to use GIMP, iceweasel, nodejs and many more on it. It works fast and smooth without need to use VNC.
The only problem - interface is not very touch-friendly. If someone made touch-friendly interface like Ubuntu Phone and placed here, it would be PERFECT!!!

Thanks for guiding Sancher.. Installing 'live dmesg (v3.0)' got me through the successful installation of HBL. But now clicking 'Start linux on local screen' keeps displaying 'Loading Linux' and so I ain't able to boot up linux even now.. :confused:

Can you suggest any specific android 4.1+ ROM which supports HBL or may be the ROM you are using currently to run HBL.. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After a long time it's a moment to realease HTC HD2 ToolBox app with HBL. Small app that will allow you to boot linux inside android, and display everything on screen or through VNC connection. ToolBox app is also redesigned and added some new functions.

In pack is barebone debian distro with xfce4 interface.

There is also posibility that this app and HBL will work on other phones like leo (desire, nexus one ...)

Everything else you need to know is in Readme file.

Bug reports or suggestions on this thread, i'll answer when i'll get some time.

Enjoy !!!

EDIT: I added Readme file to this post so lazy people can read everything before downloading pack, or asking silly questions! :p

EDIT 2: I'm currently working on support for sdcard roms and other non-working builds. Also i would like to mention that is possible to run ANY linux distro with HBL (with some modifications) or even to run another android rom!
    So consider this early versions only as "technology preview", more support and bug-fixes in next few days...

P.S Thank you all for your support ! :)

Download Link
    here are links
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24033707/disk1.EXE
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24033707/disk1.gsd
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24033707/disk2.gsd
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24033707/disk3.gsd
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24033707/disk4.gsd
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24033707/disk5.gsd

md5 of HTC HD2 ToolBox Pack (1).7z =5822c756437e44d5f44ca3d7c69e62d2
    I will remove if OP requests or if another person will mirror to free up my dropbox;)
    Good luck
    I didn't know this app is still used, project is not abandoned I just didn't have enough time to work on it. I'll create more universal version of this app (more android versions/os-es compatibility).
    For all ppl with bugs: It's important to have properly rooted build (with superuser apk) and to allow su privileges to ToolBox app. Also it's recommended to have newer busysbox installed.

In next few days i will work on new installation method, so i think this will solve most bugs. I will also modify ubuntu distro to load with HBL and write simple guide how to prepare any distro for HBL.

But for now i'm stuck at work! :(