FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] help for root huawei ascend Y200

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By sochhean, Junior Member on 23rd June 2012, 02:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
recently bought a Huawei ascend y200 and i want to root it!

Any advice gratefully received

28th June 2012, 07:48 AM |#2  
Flag near Würzburg (30km)
Thanks Meter: 1

More
in Germany done since may
http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-cus...temupdate.html
30th June 2012, 07:59 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
root huawei ascend Y200
thank you very much! anyway is there any english version.

BR
9th July 2012, 05:44 AM |#4  
Phnom Penh

More
Root Ascend Y200
Then you need to learn German in order to root this device.

your friend.
9th July 2012, 05:43 PM |#5  
Phnom Penh

More
Come to me Sochhean, i will do it for you for free.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
30th August 2012, 07:55 AM |#6  
In the German Board is now an english HowTo. I cant link to them, because i’m a new user @xda
1st December 2012, 07:06 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Wink Root Huawei Y200 Succesfully (ENGLISH)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochhean

recently bought a Huawei ascend y200 and i want to root it!

Any advice gratefully received

Hi, I've successfully rooted my phone. I have a Huawei Y200.it might be easier if you waited for OneClickRoot do be launched maybe they have the device listed for auto flashing that does everything for you.
OneClickRoot: ==> I can't post links sorry ..New User, please search on internet..

But anyway, here's the batch file I think I uploaded it..

So its easy once you root it, but WARNING: DO NOT INSTALL CLOCKWORK MODE AGAIN THROUGH ROM Manager OR ANY SOURCE. (this might bring you into bootloop)

follow steps to use the batch file...

1- You need to do this on your phone: Allow USB Debugging and STAY AWAKE Function, STOP fastboot mode. Now Install ADB Drivers when connecting phone into computer via usb and debugging mode is on (you'll see a drive usually green on your computer, check for "drivers" inside driver folders and install windows drivers.

2- You need to install Android SDK : ==> New User, Can't post links, Search Android SDK..
navigate to default download location: " C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools ", shift + right click inside the folder with nothing selected, and run command prompt from there. run following command "adb devices" and it should list a device number.

3- Now exctract the zip file in attachement and run these in order: -"adb.exe" then -"fastboot.exe" then -"root_v5.2.bat". It should say a succesfull message and ( as i remember) phone should reboot (if it states "reboot phone now" in cmd prompt). now you shoudl be rooted and see "SuperUser" application installed.

4- Check if you're properly rooted with a "rootchecker" market app. If App requested root access by SuperUser (ofcourse you'll tap Accept right?) and says you have proper root, you can now jump around and scream " I rooted my phone" like i did... You can now Install Link2sd app and enjoy free enternal storage since you've rooted your phone... Any Directions using Link2sd repost or you can search internet... One limitation is you can'r use swap (to increase your RAM ), and have to go through different ROM's. If rooted your phone succesfully please inform and on any questions about ROM switching...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Root_Y200_v5.2_int.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.74 MB, 2211 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to MoH21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MoH21 Ad-Free
6th December 2012, 06:59 PM |#8  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Hi there.
The root process isn't so hard , bit the rom switch what would be important for me (not the method, i know that and i'we installed modified recovery its working...)
Went to hell and back @google to find any custom roms for this little fckr but besides the clean base rom and the ics por (whats not working for me) i could not find any other rom. Sorry my bad i have found one origonal stock rom too, bit besides theese do you know is there any other roms exists for u8655?
7th December 2012, 03:04 PM |#9  

More
anyone try the above method?
is there anyone try the above method for English version?
7th December 2012, 08:53 PM |#10  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 76

More
An earlier version, on hungarian with english and german language included... worked perfect. Since 6 months.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshyakadamien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joshyakadamien Ad-Free
17th December 2012, 05:00 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoH21

Hi, I've successfully rooted my phone.

Hey, i know the file, that attached...

I'm happy that you understand my realy bad translation of this howto

tapped via my huawei mobilephone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)