[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

eras2r

Oct 8, 2007
Chicagoland
Did you have to modify anything in your build to support the TP2 packages?

Are those packages straight from the Dev/Hacking thread or elsewhere? Could you post the source to them? I'd like to try them out as well.

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Notification Manager.cab http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=491676
Menu Enhancement.cab http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=491457

A bunch of other Cabs http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=486866

I didn't convert these into packages... I found them in those threads. The only ones I've cooked in was the Notification and Menu Enhancements. The other cabs I went without. The Manilla2 conversion isn't done yet... and the Package I got my hands on was chalk full of quirks. Manilla2 kept restarting constantly. I won't post it because it isn't worth posting. They're pretty close to completing Manilla2 for VGA and should be released any day now.

The new Menu's work perfect and the Notification Manager only has a few little graphical issues left but worth it.
-------------------------
One thing I'm finding out is my battery is all goofed. It maxes out at 20% on a full charge and works its way down from there. Anyone have the older battery program files?

Last edited:

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
Cheers for that.

Agreed - the menu enhancement is good - no issues so far. I will make that into an OEM I think.

The notifications are a good idea but visually there are glitches as you mentioned. Maybe I will uninstall that till it is fixed.

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
-------------------------
One thing I'm finding out is my battery is all goofed. It maxes out at 20% on a full charge and works its way down from there. Anyone have the older battery program files?

What exactly are you looking for? the stuff within settings/power or the battery icon on the top bar? not sure I understand. Is it just a display problem or does the battery really never clear 20% charged?

xboomer55

Dec 25, 2007
Locking volume buttons

I prefer that the volume buttons are locked out when the device is locked. Previous Da_G simple kitchen releases included a regedit to lock volume buttons:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd]
"DisableVolumeKeyDuringLock"=dword:1

This and other tweaks were at \OEM\AddedStuff\c9bea43e-3dd8-4983-8c5b-de86267d459c.rgu in earlier kitchens. This file is empty (and commented as empty) in DagYo_-21028-kitchen-5.08-new-ddi

I have moved the .rgu over but not yet used it. Looks harmless and you'll recognize other enhancements in the file.

Manually adding the key to the device also works.

eras2r

Oct 8, 2007
Chicagoland

Depending on what dll yer using for taskbar icons, it's prolly just a simple registry adjustment. Here is what I have:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\security\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065 ; (101 in decimal)
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003e9 ; (1001 in decimal)
"BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll"
"BaseId"=dword:00000000

Check yours... it's prolly the one of the first 2 entries.

-e

eras2r

Oct 8, 2007
Chicagoland
Fixed Taskbar Overlay in YouTube

So everyone knows that there is an issue in the current kitchen with YouTube with the keyboard slid out where the taskbar shows up on top of the YouTube app. Well I found out that it's not just YouTube, but any app that uses fullscreen in Landscape mode.

After much trial and error and flashing back and forth for several days, I have found the culprit dll file. It's the LargeTitleBar.dll that is part of PACKAGE_Raphael_EnlargeTitleBar. This file from the 5.08 ATT leaked ROM is what causes the issue.

I am attaching the stock HTC 5.05 version of this DLL below. Simply replace the file in PACKAGE_Raphael_EnlargeTitleBar and yer good to go.

For others not using this kitchen you'll find the LargeTitleBar.dll in \OEM\OEMDrivers.

-e

Attachments

• LargeTitleBar.zip
    49.5 KB · Views: 14

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Depending on what dll yer using for taskbar icons, it's prolly just a simple registry adjustment. Here is what I have:
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065 ; (101 in decimal)
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003e9 ; (1001 in decimal)
"BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll"
"BaseId"=dword:00000000

Check yours... it's prolly the one of the first 2 entries.

-e

Well the problem is that when the phone is fully charged... it reads 20%. When the battery is half dead... it reads 10%. Really weird. I'm using the latest kitchen 5.08 files with the upgraded packages from post #539 (or something). I followed the post exactly, removing the old packages before copying over the updated ones. On top of that I'm using the TP2 Menu Enhancements and Notification manager OEM packages.

Included in post #539 is some updated taskbar icons as well. I'm also using the Manila HD which sometimes uses a unique battery icon.

Anyway. I compared those registry settings with my own. I didn't even have "BatteryIconIdStart=1001". So I added it. I also have 1 extra:
BatteryIconLevels=21

I changed "BatteryIconLevels" to "100" after adding the "BatteryIconIdStart" Dword.

Seems to have done it. I had 2% before a reset and 8% after (my battery is almost dead). I'll know more about it after a charge.

[UPDATE] I see what happened: The BatteryIconLevels=65 is added as a Key value with a bunch of those Dwords in there as well. Seems one of the packages I installed created a Key instead of a Dword which screwed it up. I added all the values to the Bitmaps key for the win! Now I just have to find the whacko config in one of the OEM packages.

Another weird problem, which isn't bad... but my alarm clock app "freezes" up while in standby. I use CradleAlarm which has a custom snooze setting set in seconds. I have "600" seconds = 10min.

The alarm goes off at the right time, but when I hit snooze and turn my screen off the countdown stops. When I finally wake up (late) I notice it only counted down 10 seconds before the screen went off. lol. That'll teach me to hit the snooze!

Never had a problem before and unfortunately it is one of the few (only?) alarm apps that actually work the way I need it to. It's like when the screen goes off it goes into a deep sleep and the program stops.

Last edited:

jblakk

Jul 3, 2007
Orlando, Fl
I had that problem when I installed one of the dialers. but when I uninstalled it I got the 100% battery back. I think some dialers have battery icons built in.

As for the alarm clock, I would recomend trying Klaxon. Im using that, and it's fantastic. I travel alot, and live by my alarm clock on my phone. You can even shake it to turn it off, and flip it over to snooze.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Few Questions

@eras2r:

Thank you for taking the time to extract the differing packages. I haven't looked at the ROM you posted yet but had a few questions:

1) Are you using the 21028 portion of 5.08 or are you still using 5.05 portion.

@Other Chef's

1) There's alot of DEBUG stuff in the OEM folder in Da_G's 5.08 kitchen that doesn't appear in the RUU that I extracted.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=487994

How are you dealing with the DEBUG stuff?

2) DDI.DLL vs HTC_D3DM.DLL vs ATI D3D

Which one should be used, does the DDI.DLL "break" any applications? Am I confusing DDI with HTC D3D/ATI D3D?

Cheers,

Last edited:

eras2r

Oct 8, 2007
Chicagoland
hilaireg,

For Da_G's 21028 0 5.08 kitchen I simply:

Extracted the Da_G base kitchen for 5.08 (21018 XIP/SYS and 5.08 OEM)
Extracted the leaked 5.08 ATT ROM
Created a new \Packages dir structure based on the 5.08 OEM (I learned alot doing this)

However, currently I am running a 21032 XIP/SYS with the 5.08 OEM. I ported 21032 Topaz with the help of Da_G, pfcsabre, arupenthal and qsqa. 21032 is very fast (21018 was too). But in reading through some of the Topaz info, for 21032 in the boot.rgu, I set:

"DataCacheSize"=dword:00000000 ;Let System Decide
"FatCacheSize"=dword:00000000 ;Let System Decide

...and it seems to work nicely.

If anyone is interested, I can post the ROM/SYS folders for 21032. Just let me know.

-e

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Extracted the Da_G base kitchen for 5.08 (21018 XIP/SYS and 5.08 OEM)

Just going through it now and was considering doing the same.

Extracted the leaked 5.08 ATT ROM

Same as the one from the link in my previous post?

Created a new \Packages dir structure based on the 5.08 OEM (I learned alot doing this)

In process; assume you're trying to keep some 'sequencing' logic to make it easier to debug.

However, currently I am running a 21032 XIP/SYS with the 5.08 OEM. I ported 21032 Topaz with the help of Da_G, pfcsabre, arupenthal and qsqa.

Haven't tried my hand at a XIP port yet; possible to point me to the 21032 RUU that you used as your baseline? BOOT.RGU settings remind me of the Virtual Memory option in XP.

If anyone is interested, I can post the ROM/SYS folders for 21032. Just let me know.

I personally, would appreciate it ... feel kinda guilty though, cause it looks like you've done *all* of the work that I'd end up doing.

Cheers,

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
However, currently I am running a 21032 XIP/SYS with the 5.08 OEM. I ported 21032 Topaz with the help of Da_G, pfcsabre, arupenthal and qsqa. 21032 is very fast (21018 was too). But in reading through some of the Topaz info, for 21032 in the boot.rgu, I set:

"DataCacheSize"=dword:00000000 ;Let System Decide
"FatCacheSize"=dword:00000000 ;Let System Decide

...and it seems to work nicely.

-e

e,

I'm not sure about this but I think there should also be a new boot.hv mirrored from your boot.rgu that you've edited :rolleyes:

cheers,

-a :p

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Radio 1.12.25.19 & RILPHONE2.DLL

Currently on the WWE 5.05 version of the radio - 1.11.25.01.

After reading through the GPS-releated threads and some of the supporting posts here, I downloaded the RAPH_Radio_1.12.25.19 radio package from the radio thread. After unpacking it, I noticed that the package contains the radio .NBH and a RILPHONE2.DLL.

Could someone confirm that I will need to place the RILPHONE2.DLL in the OEMDrivers folder?

Also, I seem to recall that some changes were needed registry-wise to point to the new RILPHONE2.DLL ... but I can't seem to find the threads that spoke to this - probably imagining it

*UPDATE*

According to slawcop's post; the registry change is when one is not replacing rilphone.dll - i.e. using rilphone2.dll with rilphone.dll as a fall back.

(http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3407403&postcount=808)

So I guess my question is ... does the 5.08 Da_G XIP contain a version of the rilphone.dll file already? I'm guessing yes since the radio wouldn't come online otherwise and that the rilphone2.dll file in the extracted package isn't required.

Advance thanks,

Last edited:

eras2r

Oct 8, 2007
Chicagoland
1) There's alot of DEBUG stuff in the OEM folder in Da_G's 5.08 kitchen that doesn't appear in the RUU that I extracted.

What you'll notice going through a shipped ROM is that in \OEM there are lots of packages that are the same. However there are some that are unique to each ROM and Provider (like AT&T/Telus etc...) These dirs contain how that ROM is configured and they are off the top of my head:

ConfigAP
OperatorPkg
OperatorPkg_PT

Da_G removed all of the unneeded crap in the *.rgu and *.provxml files. He also split some this out into other dirs:

1TouchPro
2Fuze

so that ppl can choose the device. If you want to understand what he did then you need to compare the 5 dirs I listed above to the 3 dirs that exist in \OEM from the 5.08 ROM. Evey chef has their own way of doing things. I suggest you grab NATF's kitchen and also dump qsqa's Proven ROM. You'll begin to see how to customize a ROM by looking at what each does in those dirs.

The really big pain is the OEMDrivers dir. That's where you figure out what drivers work best and replace files to fix issues. Also, the 5.08 ROM has lots of files in OEMDrivers. Da_G split some of them out into packages that are selectable in BuildOS (like CommManager). Some shipped ROMs when dumped break things out very nicely. Others are a pain to pick apart. Pfcsabre told me to look through the oldest Blackstone ROM. That one is broken out very nicely and shows what files need to be included in certain packages when migrating them from OEMDrivers to it's own package.

2) DDI.DLL vs HTC_D3DM.DLL vs ATI D3D
DDI.DLL is actually inside of the xip.bin and I belive is the main video driver. In the 5.08 kitchen Da_G used a ddi.dll from a WM6.5 build.
As far as the d3d drivers... the ati drivers work much better than the default htc driver. If you look in the rgu you'll see that there's a registry entry to use the ati driver.

Same as the one from the link in my previous post? YES

In process; assume you're trying to keep some 'sequencing' logic to make it easier to debug.

I was referring to making selectable packages from the ones that exist in \OEM and \SYS. That's why in my packages post a while back there were overlapping directories in the kitchen that need to be removed.

possible to point me to the 21032 RUU that you used as your baseline?

I used XIP.BIN from HERE
I used SYS dump from HERE

does the 5.08 Da_G XIP contain a version of the rilphone.dll

rilphone.dll is in OEMDrivers, and yes Da_G's kitchen uses the rilphone from the 5.08 ROM. No need to change anything.

-e

eras2r

Oct 8, 2007
Chicagoland
e,

I'm not sure about this but I think there should also be a new boot.hv mirrored from your boot.rgu that you've edited :rolleyes:

cheers,

-a :p

pfcsabre,

I ported the 21032 XIP.BIN using XipPorterEx. Also patched for Cert/PP and set PP to 24MB. For the boot.rgu that I'm using, I dumped the original 21032 xip.bin and used it's boot.rgu as the template. Then I added to it all reg entries from the other rgu's. The resulting file I placed in \ROM\XIP.

1) Did I do that correctly? (or should I have copied boot.hv from the 21032 xip.bin into the OUT dir of my ported xip.bin before rebuilding it to xip_out.bin and inserting it into os.nb.payload?)
2) If you add things to the \ROM\XIP dir, will that override what's inside of xip.bin/os.nb.payload?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Currently on the WWE 5.05 version of the radio - 1.11.25.01.

After reading through the GPS-releated threads and some of the supporting posts here, I downloaded the RAPH_Radio_1.12.25.19 radio package from the radio thread. After unpacking it, I noticed that the package contains the radio .NBH and a RILPHONE2.DLL.

Could someone confirm that I will need to place the RILPHONE2.DLL in the OEMDrivers folder?

Also, I seem to recall that some changes were needed registry-wise to point to the new RILPHONE2.DLL ... but I can't seem to find the threads that spoke to this - probably imagining it

*UPDATE*

According to slawcop's post; the registry change is when one is not replacing rilphone.dll - i.e. using rilphone2.dll with rilphone.dll as a fall back.

(http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3407403&postcount=808)

So I guess my question is ... does the 5.08 Da_G XIP contain a version of the rilphone.dll file already? I'm guessing yes since the radio wouldn't come online otherwise and that the rilphone2.dll file in the extracted package isn't required.

Advance thanks,
Yes, you are correct - Da_G's 5.08 Kitchen already includes the rilphone.dll for the 1.12.25.19 radio. So you're good to go! :)

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
pfcsabre,

I ported the 21032 XIP.BIN using XipPorterEx. Also patched for Cert/PP and set PP to 24MB. For the boot.rgu that I'm using, I dumped the original 21032 xip.bin and used it's boot.rgu as the template. Then I added to it all reg entries from the other rgu's. The resulting file I placed in \ROM\XIP.

1) Did I do that correctly? (or should I have copied boot.hv from the 21032 xip.bin into the OUT dir of my ported xip.bin before rebuilding it to xip_out.bin and inserting it into os.nb.payload?)
2) If you add things to the \ROM\XIP dir, will that override what's inside of xip.bin/os.nb.payload?

I haven't used Da_G's kitchen but what I do is:

edit boot.rgu from OUT of xip.bin
generate new boot.hv via rgucomp
overwrite old boot.rgu with new boot.rgu
generate xip_out.bin

eras2r

Oct 8, 2007
Chicagoland
Updated Kitchen 21032 - 5.08

For those interested, here is an updated version of Da_G's 5.08 kitchen:

* XIP/SYS updated to 21032 Topaz build
* Timebomb removed from OS
* XIP patched for Certs w/24MB PagePool and reduced ULDR partition
* Cache size set to 0 in boot.rgu - this lets windows decide (testing this out... seems good)
* AudioPara3 updated to support MSVC (includes volume boost)
* LargeTitleBar.dll downgraded to 5.05 - fixes landscape overlay issue

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/211213474/eras2r-21032-kitchen-5.08.rar

Special thanks to Da_G, pfcsabre, arupenthal and qsqa for putting up with the swarm of PM's :D

-e