By madmaxx82, Retired Recognized Developer on 5th December 2011, 08:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd December 2012, 02:38 PM |#331  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,643

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSmokeX64

Still nothing for Nexus. Wow, and I thought this was the best recovery out there. Clearly the Dev has abandoned the thread or just doesn't care anymore

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Ouch!

You have so no idea what's coming to you.

Abandoned?
Just because something's big, completely new and as such takes a *very* long time, doesn't mean that, does it?
I understand that you are getting frustrated by now, I'm too, believe me. But I won't stop until next gen is finished.

2nd December 2012, 03:51 PM |#332  
Flag Inman
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Can't wait. Missed 4ext so much on my nexus.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium
2nd December 2012, 03:55 PM |#333  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 330

More
Nexus 7?
Any chance we might see it on the Nexus 7? I miss this recovery and the control app like crazy. I haven't run anything but this on my DInc2 since I put it on there a long time ago (with maybe one exception, and that was a mistake).
2nd December 2012, 05:47 PM |#334  
Thanks Meter: 650

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSmokeX64

Still nothing for Nexus. Wow, and I thought this was the best recovery out there. Clearly the Dev has abandoned the thread or just doesn't care anymore

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Wow. Unappreciative asshole.

Sent from my Incredible 2
2nd December 2012, 06:14 PM |#335  
Flag Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 951

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzylax

Wow. Unappreciative asshole.

Lmao
2nd December 2012, 08:21 PM |#336  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,643

More
I really understand that this is getting ridiculous.
In case someone doesn't know: this is not specifically about supporting the Galaxy Nexus or any other device.
The reason why it's taking so damn long until your requested devices get supported is that I'm doing a complete rewrite of 4ext recovery, which is a hell of so much more work than I had thought.

I can't add any new device before this isn't finished.
The new code ensures that it's future proof and a lot more dynamic, meaning that features previously impossible to add will be possible + supporting new devices + higher display resolutions will be easier and a lot faster in the future.

At the moment it looks like it might be ready sometimes next quarter.

@TheAtheistReverend: it's almost impossible that it won't get support (as any other nexus device)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to madmaxx82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madmaxx82 Ad-Free
2nd December 2012, 08:24 PM |#337  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 330

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx82

I really understand that this is getting ridiculous.
In case someone doesn't know: this is not specifically about supporting the Galaxy Nexus or any other device.
The reason why it's taking so damn long until your requested devices get supported is that I'm doing a complete rewrite of 4ext recovery, which is a hell of so much more work than I had thought.

I can't add any new device before this isn't finished.
The new code ensures that it's future proof and a lot more dynamic, meaning that features previously impossible to add will be possible + supporting new devices + higher display resolutions will be easier and a lot faster in the future.

At the moment it looks like it might be ready sometimes next quarter.

@TheAtheistReverend: it's almost impossible that it won't get support (as any other nexus device)

This is really good news. Thank you for the best recovery available!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAtheistReverend For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheAtheistReverend Ad-Free
2nd December 2012, 10:11 PM |#338  
Thanks Meter: 650

More
No kidding. Thank you for your work and take your time getting things right.

2nd December 2012, 10:37 PM |#339  
Thanks Meter: 1,624

More
This recovery sucks so much I don't know why I still use it. Wait, does saying it sucks still mean it's great, or was that just that one thread?

Seriously though, love it. I went forever sticking with cwm, and now that I have changed I wonder why I waited. Great work on this.

2nd December 2012, 11:30 PM |#340  
Flag Inman
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverSeparate

This recovery sucks so much I don't know why I still use it. Wait, does saying it sucks still mean it's great, or was that just that one thread?

Seriously though, love it. I went forever sticking with cwm, and now that I have changed I wonder why I waited. Great work on this.

Man I did too. I was so cautious about different recoveries. Have not looked back since installing 4ext.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium
3rd December 2012, 08:28 AM |#341  
Thanks Meter: 153

More
I so want 4ext on my Incredible 4G. This recovery licks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)