This is a quick extension I coded up to turn XDA threads into an image gallery. The extension button will enable when you're on a topic that it is able to translate, clicking it will open a new tab that dynamically fetches images as your scroll down. Keep in mind this is an Alpha, did it in one day, so it may ( read "most likely" ) will have problems. Its great on those "Post your screenshots" ( wallpapers, cases, whatever ) type threads.
How to Install:
- "Access your data on forum.xda-developers.com" - This is to fetch images from the forum, I haven't messed around with removing it since I was just using this personally but decided to release to you. Promise I don't care, nor gather, anything about what you do on XDA.
- "Access your tabs and browsing activity" - This is to detect when you switch between tabs and enable/disable the extension button. Also I do have this hooked into Google Analytics now, but I only gather extension page views to see what's being used. In the future I'll be hooking it into events as I add features( if it's popular enough ) to decide where to put my efforts. No personal information is collected.
- "Storage": Allow extension to save Extension Settings.
New: Added to official Chrome store now just add via https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...cfgblhcdgicdnp
If you'd like to report bugs then please give me the thread you had an issue with, and if you can narrow it down to an image then link to the post containing that image ( if it's working, there is a link under each image to bring you to the post. ).
- Currently the extension will start showing images from the forum page you launched it from. Going to implement a way to jump to the beginning or specific page.
- Implement scrolling upwards to load the previous pages images, this is needed for the next item.
- Lots more ideas for "community" type features But gotta get the basics hammered down first!
- Added an "Advanced" options section allowing you to override the number of images and fetch all of them. ( If it doesn't work correctly on some thread blame mon5trum, he requested it )
- Some bug fixes
- Now when viewing images in the popup you can click to view prev and next, or just use the arrow keys to navigate!
- New Extension Settings page, styled to blend in and match chromes style for settings.
- Setting to adjust the minimum number of images to fetch( Careful here as it wont render any images until it finds at least this number, could take awhile if you try and use on a thread that doesn't have many images ).
- Setting to turn on debug mode ( Will show logging in the Chrome console. NOTE: I'd leave this disabled unless you need to troubleshoot an issue as it could slow down logic a bit )
- Lots of fixes and enhancements in this one.
- First off, thanks to Pooley! He is an awesome guy, and very talented. Thanks to him with have a great, professional looking icon!
- Aspect ratio is now respected
- Added image zoom capability
- Now identify images with broken links and shows in small window( as to not break scrolling functionality for now )
- Images should also layout nicely in a column format
- Fixed quite a few bugs( hopefully without creating new ones )
- Hmmm... seems like there should be more, but I'm too lazy to look at my commit log, so just check it out
- NEW: Now on the official Chrome Web Store
- Starting to work on the look a bit, its still pretty ugly lol... What can I say, graphic design isn't my thing, but it'll get better
- Pretty much a complete rewrite
- Fixed loading duplicate issues
- Better error handling( Will tell you when it's reached the end of the thread )
- Asynchronous loading should now be working correctly