Droid 2 Global unlock code

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By wondereye, Junior Member on 25th March 2011, 06:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd December 2012, 06:02 PM |#241  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Not really .. u can try eBay and record the process (make sure u show the imei and the unlock code CLEARLY) , and they will refund u if u weren't from the lucky ones who can get it unlocked without Verizon .. (i tried it)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo122 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bobo122 Ad-Free

7th December 2012, 02:32 AM |#242  

More
Droid 2 Global Unlock Code
I am still wading through all of the previous posts here, but I will post this in hopes of some direction on buying a used phone. I want to buy a used:

-Motorola

-Android

-That Works On BOTH CDMA AND GSM

Should I look for a used Motorola Droid 2 Global or would a different Motorola Android be more suitable for me?

Until find this thread, I was reading other posts on other forums and I was finding VERY conflicting information. Basically, some said that having both AT&T and Verizon in the US is possible if the GSM is unlocked on a Verizon world phone. Yet others stated that it absolutely is NOT possible to do in the US. Thus, I am very reluctant to move forward on buying a used Motorola Android until I know if it is definitely possible and which phone(s) are most suitable for this.
7th December 2012, 02:37 AM |#243  
Droid 3 (XT862), can be unlocked with online codes ($4 on ebay)
if want a droid 2 global, buy one that is already sim unlocked
7th December 2012, 06:41 PM |#244  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348

Until find this thread, I was reading other posts on other forums and I was finding VERY conflicting information. Basically, some said that having both AT&T and Verizon in the US is possible if the GSM is unlocked on a Verizon world phone. Yet others stated that it absolutely is NOT possible to do in the US. Thus, I am very reluctant to move forward on buying a used Motorola Android until I know if it is definitely possible and which phone(s) are most suitable for this.

It is possible with the Droid 2 Global. The phone must be SIM unlocked (so it will accept non-Verizon/Vodafone SIMs) and band-unlocked. The band-unlocking is relatively easy to accomplish; the SIM unlock is the major hurdle, unless you are a VZW customer and bought the phone from them.

Other phones are generally easier to SIM unlock (third-party unlock codes are more likely to work correctly) but I don't know about the availability of band unlocking tools for devices other than the D2G.
7th December 2012, 07:10 PM |#245  

More
Droid 2 Global Unlock Code
Thank you very much sd_shadow & jabberwockish! It sounds like after reading both for your replies that I ought to lean towards getting a Droid 3 (XT862) then!
7th December 2012, 07:12 PM |#246  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks for the help guys but this sucks that we can't use a global version of the phone around the world

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium
8th December 2012, 11:05 AM |#247  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348

Thank you very much sd_shadow & jabberwockish! It sounds like after reading both for your replies that I ought to lean towards getting a Droid 3 (XT862) then!

Just as a warning for you, Verizon did the same thing with the Droid 3 soon after launch. Not all D3s are unlockable because of so.
20th December 2012, 01:37 PM |#248  
Flag Lima
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hello,

I'm trying to contact with user that can unlock my Droid 2 Global. Please, if anybody for this forum can do it contact me.

Thanks
22nd December 2012, 03:03 AM |#249  

More
I can do it
[email protected] contact me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrerachaparro

Hello,

I'm trying to contact with user that can unlock my Droid 2 Global. Please, if anybody for this forum can do it contact me.

Thanks

18th March 2013, 12:11 PM |#250  
Flag KADAWATHA.

Donate to Me
More
Motorola Droid 2 Global unlock Solution For SRI Lankan User
Sri lankan user contact me for unlock solutions.
i can do direct unlock with Sigma key.
[email protected]
8th April 2013, 03:13 PM |#251  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
just skimming through this thread as im about to buy a D2G off ebay with clean esn but if i cant sim unlock i dont want to do it.

can these be sim unlocked if they have a clean esn but you are not original owner and have no verizon service?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
d2g, locked

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)