FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,561 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th December 2012, 07:07 PM |#1171  
Flag East sussex
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
Hey, trading in my current iphone 3g (hopelessly outdated) at the weekend, my local cex has three phones I'm prepared to get, namely the nokia lumia 710, htc mozart and htc desire s. I'm reluctant to get the nokia due to the cutting down to micro sim, but if you think it's worth taking the risk then I will consider it. Don't suggest any other phones please as these are the only 3 that I am able to get hold of at the store.

4th December 2012, 08:59 PM |#1172  
Thanks Meter: 2,268

More
I would take the Lumina. My girlfriend has one and its pretty good.

√ HTC Evo 3D GSM
√ Android JB 4.1.2
√ Disarmed Toaster
√ 4EXT Recovery Touch
√ Anthrax Kernel 3.7.0 @ 1.6ghz
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to $tefanDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift $tefanDroid Ad-Free
4th December 2012, 09:49 PM |#1173  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 130

More
I'm thinking about getting a tablet for christmas, I've set my sights on the nexus 10 but just waiting for the money to come in. At first i was hoping for the laptop/tablet and maybe sell of my laptop that I have because I mainly use my galaxy s3. What do you guys think?
5th December 2012, 04:08 AM |#1174  
LUCENA CITY
Thanks Meter: 374

Donate to Me
More
Help...

Galaxy nexus or xperia acro s or htc one s??

Need ur experience with these devices.. ill appreciate it. Thanks!!

Or any device u can suggest budget 400-450 US $ converted.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium
5th December 2012, 08:03 AM |#1175  

More
Hi there,

I want to buy a new smartphone (my first one yeah ), but I can't really decide which one exactly as almost every phone has some drawbacks.
Maybe I should first mention what I want to use the phone for:
- Internet
- Chat (like whatsapp)
- some games
- gps
- 4" to 4,3"
- take some snapshots
- not charing the phone every 6 hours
- Jelly Bean (or a certain update within the next 3 months)
Currently my favorites are the Samsung Galaxy S Advance and the Galaxy SIII mini. I can get the S Advance with NFC for about 260€, the SIII mini for 300€. But the S Advance has only 768 MB RAM so I'm not sure whether this is enough for a longer time. The SIII mini has no NFC and lacks things like the notification LED and Auto-Brightness. And both have a pretty old GPU.
So I also looked for other manufactures, but in my price range (up to 300€) there aren't so many "new" phones ( I don't really want to buy a year old phone, when I see how fast they develope), or they have bigger drawbacks (no amoled, build-in battery etc.).

So can I get happy with one of those two phones? Which one would you prefer? Or are there any alternatives?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english
5th December 2012, 09:59 AM |#1176  
Thanks Meter: 566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freitach

Hi there,

I want to buy a new smartphone (my first one yeah ), but I can't really decide which one exactly as almost every phone has some drawbacks.
Maybe I should first mention what I want to use the phone for:
- Internet
- Chat (like whatsapp)
- some games
- gps
- 4" to 4,3"
- take some snapshots
- not charing the phone every 6 hours
- Jelly Bean (or a certain update within the next 3 months)
Currently my favorites are the Samsung Galaxy S Advance and the Galaxy SIII mini. I can get the S Advance with NFC for about 260€, the SIII mini for 300€. But the S Advance has only 768 MB RAM so I'm not sure whether this is enough for a longer time. The SIII mini has no NFC and lacks things like the notification LED and Auto-Brightness. And both have a pretty old GPU.
So I also looked for other manufactures, but in my price range (up to 300€) there aren't so many "new" phones ( I don't really want to buy a year old phone, when I see how fast they develope), or they have bigger drawbacks (no amoled, build-in battery etc.).

So can I get happy with one of those two phones? Which one would you prefer? Or are there any alternatives?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english

S3 Mini among the two.
Though i'd suggest Nexus 4.
5th December 2012, 11:05 AM |#1177  

More
Thumbs up Nexus 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagdude

Nexus 4. The on screen buttons reduce the 4.7 inch screen to about 4.5 inches

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium

J agree 100%
5th December 2012, 12:30 PM |#1178  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by username1234321

Please help me decide between Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and new windows 8 convertible ( like Samsung ativ smart PC). I prefer Android over windows but the main advantage of Samsung ativ smart PC is that I can use it as a PC as well as a tablet.

Any suggestions???
5th December 2012, 12:54 PM |#1179  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_dustin

S3 Mini among the two.
Though i'd suggest Nexus 4.

Ok, problem with the Nexus 4 is, it will be shipped in January (if not even later), and as my old phone is broken, i would need a new one in a short time.
What's about the Galaxy Nexus? It has still better hardware than most of the new smartphones in this price range...

But, are there no other 4 - 4,3" phones that are better than the Galaxy S Advance/S3 mini for a similar price? Or do i have to take a bigger size to have better hardware?
5th December 2012, 01:17 PM |#1180  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emompong

Help...

Galaxy nexus or xperia acro s or htc one s??

Need ur experience with these devices.. ill appreciate it. Thanks!!

Or any device u can suggest budget 400-450 US $ converted.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

one S or Nexus 4, God that phone is cheap
5th December 2012, 02:43 PM |#1181  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andulias

I have a little question for you guys. I have the option of choosing between a Samsung Ace 2 and a HTC Desire X or a phone with a similar price tag (as of now the Xperia P seems to be MIA where I live). Considering I will be mostly using my phone for reading news, writing and reading emails, music, a bit of browsing and the occasional game, which one would suit me more? AFAIK the Desire X has the better screen, faster processor, bigger battery while staying thinner. Meanwhile, the Ace 2 has a betetr Camera, faster internet speed (does it really matter that much?) and... yeah, that's it. Right now I'm closer to getting the Desire X, am I on the right track?

Doesn't anyone have some advice for me? :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)