8,873 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,880

By leapinlar, Senior Member on 15th November 2012, 05:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th December 2012, 06:33 PM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
hi all,
can somebody send me his /system/etc/host file?
Thanks
4th December 2012, 06:39 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 280

More
You don't exactly need that, I deleted mine.
4th December 2012, 07:08 PM |#143  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone0

I guess, I have to update my script to include that as well. I start to wonder if that's a good thing, maybe it try to install to /system and it lock that for good reason, can you see if you can reboot install the keyboard?

I installed the installer today. I went to /system in root explorer, sorted by date, and last date for a folder was 12/1. I believe this means nothing was changed, but didn't look at each subdirectory...

Sent from my BNTV600 using xda app-developers app
4th December 2012, 07:37 PM |#144  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbh369

I installed the installer today. I went to /system in root explorer, sorted by date, and last date for a folder was 12/1. I believe this means nothing was changed, but didn't look at each subdirectory...

Sent from my BNTV600 using xda app-developers app

Is that after you install swype keyboard?
4th December 2012, 09:10 PM |#145  
Flag Philadelphia

More
Quote:

Is that after you install swype keyboard?

Not exactly, only after I installed the installer which was giving me the problem. I'm downloading the actual keyboard now, and will let you know, If anything changes, I'll try linking it to /data directory and moving there.
4th December 2012, 10:11 PM |#146  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebra

hi all,
can somebody send me his /system/etc/host file?
Thanks

Here you go. Zipped due to file size 754kb.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hosts.zip - [Click for QR Code] (196.2 KB, 5 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to hwong96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hwong96 Ad-Free
4th December 2012, 10:28 PM |#147  
Flag Philadelphia

More
New question, I have an app which will only look in /mnt/sdcard for data. I can't seem to get it to look in /mnt/ext_sdcard. I am not a Linux jock, is there a way to 'mount' the ext_sdcard as a directory under /mnt/sdcard?

PS, posted here since this seems to be a general question that might apply to a few folks. Thanks,
4th December 2012, 11:10 PM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:

I guess, I have to update my script to include that as well. I start to wonder if that's a good thing, maybe it try to install to /system and it lock that for good reason, can you see if you can reboot install the keyboard?

Don't bother changing the script to include this because I've discovered that it resets itself back to false. Not sure exactly when or how.
4th December 2012, 11:33 PM |#149  
Flag Philadelphia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller

Don't bother changing the script to include this because I've discovered that it resets itself back to false. Not sure exactly when or how.

Wow, interesting, but I was able to install an unknown application after changing it...

I see it reset to false too. I had to change it, then reboot for it to take effect, then install, then looked at the file and it is changed back...wierd. HOwever, I can now install files from the SD card without issue...
5th December 2012, 12:33 AM |#150  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,880

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbh369

New question, I have an app which will only look in /mnt/sdcard for data. I can't seem to get it to look in /mnt/ext_sdcard. I am not a Linux jock, is there a way to 'mount' the ext_sdcard as a directory under /mnt/sdcard?

PS, posted here since this seems to be a general question that might apply to a few folks. Thanks,

Edit: I now have a script that will swap sdcard and ext_sdcard. See my OP.

Yes,I was able to successfully do that with a few commands. I will get with someone0 to see if he can whip up a script to automate it for you folks.

It puts the external card as sdcard and the internal card as sdcard-int. The ext_sdcard under /mnt becomes blank.

And now that we have our own forum, it is best to put these kinds of questions in the HD+ Q&A forum.

Sent from my Nook HD+ using Tapatalk
5th December 2012, 12:45 AM |#151  

More
I'm not even sure if that is a good idea, many android devices have /mnt/sdcard mount for internal flash. And since we don't exactly have a full control of this yet, do you know does it work with MTP? What happend if you make these changes, and connect it to a PC for files transfer?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nook hd+ hd, rooting, tips

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)