[Q] HTC HD2 USB doesn't detect with MAGLDR

Search This thread

harjeetgrover

Jul 1, 2012
Delhi
Hello,

I recently purchased HTC HD2 from someone. It came to me with Android 2.2 froyo installed in it through NAND. Now when I am trying to put ICS replacing froyo or when I am trying to put WINMO 7.5 Mango along with android it doesn't detect USB device connection.

All other features are working perfectly like, phone charging through USB, USB detection for SD card etc.
USB doesn't detect only when I try to run through MAGLDR. For example: when I am switching ON my phone by pressing Voume down key along with power key, colourful screen appears with "SERIAL" written on it. Now when I connect phone to my PC through USB it doesn't change to "USB" from "SERIAL".
Also when I am switching ON my phone by continuously pressing power key to get into MAGLDR mode and trying to flash using the 5th option "USB Flasher Mode", here also I can see just "Wait USB…" rather as per the tutorials it should display "Wait USB…USB".

Now because of this issue I am unable to use my HD2 using WINMO or with any other android OS.

Please help with any option so as I can use the USB feature or to install different OS. My motiv behind purchasing this set was only the customization I can do with the phone. Now without which my motive is getting failed.. Please help me guys :crying: ..

Thanks,
Harjeet

samsamuel

Nov 19, 2006
samsamuel.co.uk
What's your PC setup?
A few things,,
In wmdc untick allow USB connections,, the wmdc that comes with vista/win7 isn't the latest version, Google the Microsoft wmdc page and manually download+install, try not to use a 64 bit windows machine if you have the option, (winxp for preference), running an os through any virtual machine type setup can be problematic, try different USB ports, for magldr it needs the android drivers,,,they can be found in various ways, they're linked in the nand toolkit thread, or I think installing "myphoneexplorer " on the PC installs them too, or Google the android sdk (that's a long and complicated way to get them)

harjeetgrover

Jul 1, 2012
Delhi
Thanks for replying..

First thing.. Do I need to install WMDC when I am not having windows OS itself in my phone? This is just a question because as per my knowledge I don't need to install WMDC unless I am using windows in my Mobile.
At present mobile is purely an android phone with android OS installed in NAND.

And yes I am having Windows XP 32 bit with me. I already tried with different data cables and in different USB slots but USB connection for installing new OS doesn't work. Other then this all other features of USB are working perfectly.

Please revert in case my opinion is wrong.

Thanks,
Harjeet

samsamuel

Nov 19, 2006
samsamuel.co.uk
At present mobile is purely an android phone

no its not, its a windows mobile phone with a hacked winmo bootloader allowing it to run a custom bootloader (magldr or clk) which enables android to run.

Anything you do in the winmo bootloader (stripey screen - hspl, task29/flashing magldr/flashing stock roms, flashing radios - ) all requires windows mobile usb drivers.

Anything you do from the magldr screen requires android usb drivers.

Reactions: harjeetgrover

harjeetgrover

Jul 1, 2012
Delhi
Hey Sam,

I can't believe it.. I was wrong.. Just installed Active Sync and tried again.. It worked..

You were right.. Thanks a ton champ.. :)

Bertussie

Sep 9, 2009
Hello all.

When you've got some problems with you datacable via phone/pc is also this a solution.

Be sure you've make a copy of your SD-card and after when you copied SD to PC (harddisc) via datacable or cardreader and after this you gonna formatting your SD-card or you buy a new SD-card.

Then put new or formatted SD-card into your phone and started it up in bootloadermenu (colorscreened) <volume down> and after this you wil see now in place only "serial" changed into "USB".

I'll be hope that this wil working.

I've my HTC HD2 also working when i fixed this.

HTC HD2 / PACman Android version 4.1.2 (latest version) / Magldr 1.13 / CWM recovery 3.2.0.0 <this combine works very simple and als this Android rom is stable and fast without automatically rebooting time.

For more you've check <HTC HD2 Android roms>

I wish you good luck with your phone...

:p

pajan

Sep 22, 2008
Cesky Brod
I had the same problem on my Windows 7 x64. Then I tried to connect HD2 to my older Win XP notebook and there it worked. So I found somewhere, I should update drivers in my Windows 7 system. I downloaded file "drvupdate-amd64.exe" from Microsoft (search in Google for "Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 Driver for Windows Vista (64-bit)"), installed it and then it started to work (it took a while, before it started to work, but it started). When I connected my HD2, Windows found the driver, installed it and "SERIAL" changed to "USB" finally.

NucleusFermi

Oct 9, 2008
Hello,

I recently purchased HTC HD2 from someone. It came to me with Android 2.2 froyo installed in it through NAND. Now when I am trying to put ICS replacing froyo or when I am trying to put WINMO 7.5 Mango along with android it doesn't detect USB device connection.

All other features are working perfectly like, phone charging through USB, USB detection for SD card etc.
USB doesn't detect only when I try to run through MAGLDR. For example: when I am switching ON my phone by pressing Voume down key along with power key, colourful screen appears with "SERIAL" written on it. Now when I connect phone to my PC through USB it doesn't change to "USB" from "SERIAL".
Also when I am switching ON my phone by continuously pressing power key to get into MAGLDR mode and trying to flash using the 5th option "USB Flasher Mode", here also I can see just "Wait USB…" rather as per the tutorials it should display "Wait USB…USB".

Now because of this issue I am unable to use my HD2 using WINMO or with any other android OS.

Please help with any option so as I can use the USB feature or to install different OS. My motiv behind purchasing this set was only the customization I can do with the phone. Now without which my motive is getting failed.. Please help me guys :crying: ..

Thanks,
Harjeet
I confess I haven't read all answers so it might be a repetition but what I think is you might have made changes in your operating system, specially in SYSTEM REGISTRY that deals with communicating your devices chipset in particular mode, I think it is a QUALCOMM device, now you should do following things:-
First if you have registry backup, apply that and revert back to previous system registry or in case you have not, restore your OS to any previous restore point.
Then restart system, connect USB cable and start it in the particular mode you asked in question (vol down+power), it should try detecting driver.
If it can't, better solution to try finding QUALCOMM MSM driver for HD2 separately is to download windows active sync/htc sync, which might be having these drivers built in, download it and if it doesn't help, restart your system, then try again, it should work, in case doesn't PM me, as I won't be following this post, most probably even you ain't :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At present mobile is purely an android phone

no its not, its a windows mobile phone with a hacked winmo bootloader allowing it to run a custom bootloader (magldr or clk) which enables android to run.

Anything you do in the winmo bootloader (stripey screen - hspl, task29/flashing magldr/flashing stock roms, flashing radios - ) all requires windows mobile usb drivers.

Anything you do from the magldr screen requires android usb drivers.