Thanks Meter: 4

By Blaster3K, Junior Member on 28th November 2012, 10:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th December 2012, 06:17 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 45

Donate to Me
More
I have 2
I have grabbed to of these from Virgin for the kids and looking for root. I will post back here if I figure it out.

5th December 2012, 07:19 PM |#22  

Donate to Me
More
I'm trying to root it now but having problems getting it to boot into recovery mode. I get an exclamation mark under samsung but thats it
5th December 2012, 08:35 PM |#23  

Donate to Me
More
How to root the GT-S7560 Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 X
Okay so I rooted the GT-S7560 or the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 X using the Duos method mentioned in this thread. This phone is showing up everywhere in Canada right now through the usual channels and I wanted to clarify the process a bit for others who stumble upon this thread. I have attached a zip file containing the files I used and a word doc with instructions. It's the same as the Galaxy Duos except for entering recovery I could not figure out the button configuration to do it so I used ADB and sent the reboot recovery command. I later learned the vol button is a rocker and to press the center of the vol button the power and home all at the same time to enter recovery.

I seek no credit, just trying to make it easier for the next.

I have tested root on a couple of apps and everything seems to working great with no issues.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Galaxy S Ace 2 X Root kit.rar - [Click for QR Code] (6.39 MB, 94904 views)
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to radmacks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift radmacks Ad-Free
5th December 2012, 08:39 PM |#24  
Flag Here & Now
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radmacks

It's the same as the Galaxy Duos except for entering recovery I could not figure out the button configuration to do it so I used ADB and sent the reboot recovery command.

The combination to enter recovery is: POWER + VOL (UP and DOWN) + HOME in the same time.
The difference being the volume key, not just UP but UP and DOWN simultaneously.

The combination to enter download mode is: POWER + VOL DOWN + HOME in the same time

If anybody figures out a way to get rid of the yellow triangle at boot OR can get the unmodified stock firmware for GT-S7560M please post. Thanks!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nacos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nacos Ad-Free
5th December 2012, 08:49 PM |#25  

Donate to Me
More
Worked perfect thank you !! all 3 at the same time. now we just need some roms lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacos

The combination to enter recovery is: POWER + VOL (UP and DOWN) + HOME in the same time.
The difference being the volume key, not just UP but UP and DOWN simultaneously.

The combination to enter download mode is: POWER + VOL DOWN + HOME in the same time

If anybody figures out a way to get rid of the yellow triangle at boot OR can get the unmodified stock firmware for GT-S7560M please post. Thanks!

5th December 2012, 08:54 PM |#26  
Flag Here & Now

More
Quote:

... looking for root. I will post back here if I figure it out.

It's already done...check the entire post!

-------------------------------------------------------
Update: disregard this! It was posted post facto.
5th December 2012, 09:43 PM |#27  

Donate to Me
More
Never said it wasn't, just trying to make it easier for the next rather than being that guy that said I did it. and not elaborating for the next searching this post in the near future! [

QUOTE=nacos;35069070]The combination to enter recovery is: POWER + VOL (UP and DOWN) + HOME in the same time.

[/QUOTE]

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to radmacks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift radmacks Ad-Free
5th December 2012, 09:51 PM |#28  
Flag Here & Now

More
Quote:

Never said it wasn't...

Quote:

6th December 2012, 07:24 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I got this phone from koodo.

Type in this into the keypad
*#197328640#

It brings up a service mode menu.
with 6 options

1 Debug Screen
2 Version Information
3 UMTS RF NV
4 GSM RF NV
5 AUDIO
6 COMMON

And just to let some people know I did some digging online and it seems this phone is that same as a the duos except no dual sim
7th December 2012, 03:20 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Okay so I rooted the GT-S7560 or the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 X using the Duos method mentioned in this thread. This phone is showing up everywhere in Canada right now through the usual channels and I wanted to clarify the process a bit for others who stumble upon this thread. I have attached a zip file containing the files I used and a word doc with instructions. It's the same as the Galaxy Duos except for entering recovery I could not figure out the button configuration to do it so I used ADB and sent the reboot recovery command. I later learned the vol button is a rocker and to press the center of the vol button the power and home all at the same time to enter recovery.

I seek no credit, just trying to make it easier for the next.

I have tested root on a couple of apps and everything seems to working great with no issues.

Does it work for S7560M too ?
7th December 2012, 04:57 PM |#31  
Flag Here & Now

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamid_PaK

Does it work for S7560M too ?

You'll have your answer by reading the whole post...plus, you'd also give yourself a chance to learn many other interesting things people were sharing here. Festina lente my friend, festina lente.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)