By ndda, Junior Member on 16th March 2009, 01:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th March 2009, 10:47 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee83

This works really well on my Verizon TP, but when I did it on all the .exe's in the Windows directory, it messed up the HTC volume control program. I'm not sure which .exe it was but afterwards, when I hit the volume up/down hard keys, only the Windows volume pop-up would come up. I've had to do a hard reset to get it back.

Why did you do a hard reset? Squeezer makes a backup of the original file in the folder "2_Backup". Therefore you could just copy those back to the device.

19th March 2009, 02:34 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
maybe I better ask this question here:

i tried this method and copied the file in to the windows folter with total commander - over active-sync I could not overwrite the files. But now even less space is available..

aand.. when i copied all the files it asked me only about 5 times if i wanted to overwrite this file... so my explanation is that these are files which are stored in the rom.. so they got not overwritten but only doubled...

is this possible? and what can I do about it?

=> the problem is of course the data-memory and not the programm-memory
=> it really seems that the files are doubled...
20th March 2009, 10:05 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
the part of compressing exe at the PC gone well but i can't copy/paste the compressed exe back at touch pro , original files place is windows...i think this folder is a ROM folder...help.....please...
21st March 2009, 12:29 AM |#14  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaelli

maybe I better ask this question here:

i tried this method and copied the file in to the windows folter with total commander - over active-sync I could not overwrite the files. But now even less space is available..

aand.. when i copied all the files it asked me only about 5 times if i wanted to overwrite this file... so my explanation is that these are files which are stored in the rom.. so they got not overwritten but only doubled...

is this possible? and what can I do about it?

=> the problem is of course the data-memory and not the programm-memory
=> it really seems that the files are doubled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by massoh

the part of compressing exe at the PC gone well but i can't copy/paste the compressed exe back at touch pro , original files place is windows...i think this folder is a ROM folder...help.....please...

It should work with Total Commander. The files should not be doubled, but overwritten. Therefore overall storage (data memory) should decrease.

If I'm not mistaken (please correct me If I am) ROM storage for extended ROM etc. and data memory (flash chip) / programm memory (RAM) is separated. (?)
21st March 2009, 07:20 AM |#15  
Flag The Woodlands, TX

More
you can copy the apps with activesync but if you wanna put them back into the windows folder then your going to need totalcommander
21st March 2009, 07:57 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I did copy it with total commander.. and it only overwrote about 5 exe files.. the others where doubled (I tested it - I deleted one of the exe files... and when the list reloaded the file was there again - but there was no error)..

do I have to use special settings in total commander?
21st March 2009, 08:41 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Any chance to improve the tool so it has a list of known-NOT-to-work-after-compression EXEs?

It would be more foolproof as it would skip the problematic files automatically.

Edit: actually I might do it myself, I know how I can code this.
21st March 2009, 03:09 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
That would be a great addition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snark_be

Any chance to improve the tool so it has a list of known-NOT-to-work-after-compression EXEs?

It would be more foolproof as it would skip the problematic files automatically.

23rd March 2009, 08:18 PM |#19  
Flag N Y C
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snark_be

yes please, when you are done
share with everyone this great addition
it would be a great help for many people

but who is going to maintain that list across so many ROMs and versions?

24th March 2009, 08:35 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaelli

I did copy it with total commander.. and it only overwrote about 5 exe files.. the others where doubled (I tested it - I deleted one of the exe files... and when the list reloaded the file was there again - but there was no error)..

do I have to use special settings in total commander?

Same here. I've actually lost some space, after copying the compressed .exe files to Windows dir using Total Commander. The file sizes of new files are correct and smaller than before...

It seems like it keeps backup copies of the replaced files somewhere?
26th March 2009, 10:03 AM |#21  
Flag Croydon
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzhedaj

Same here. I've actually lost some space, after copying the compressed .exe files to Windows dir using Total Commander. The file sizes of new files are correct and smaller than before...

It seems like it keeps backup copies of the replaced files somewhere?

Same here. I have even tried to rename the old file with .bak and then delete it in Total Commander, but this has no effect. I ended up arranging the files by date modified in Total Commander and deleting the ones I had just put there in order to have the same storage as before.

I am interested in speeding up the system as a whole and reducing the ROM size and so would like to use this system. Without it working with Total Commander, I don't know how else to do it...

Please help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)