[ROM][OFFICIAL][Marshmallow 6.0][D2VZW] PAC-ROM

Search This thread

mcniglet

Dec 28, 2007
I just installed this rom and my camera won't work and gps is iffy. I snap a pic with camera and it locks up. Camera fx works fine tho. Are there paranoid options for individual app dpi? Also my super user permission when they pop up are HUGE.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
I just installed this rom and my camera won't work and gps is iffy. I snap a pic with camera and it locks up. Camera fx works fine tho. Are there paranoid options for individual app dpi? Also my super user permission when they pop up are HUGE.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Which gapps did you flash?? Don't flash the one for 4.2.1, because this is not a 4.2.1 ROM.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

GalaxyS3IsMeh

Aug 5, 2012
camera and GPS doesn't work. Also ROM is very very sluggish. But good start man it seems really well done besides that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

DroidmanDan

Jan 31, 2012
Rochester, NY
I've been running this rom all week and I've been loving it! It has been mostly stable, with a few hot boots here and there and one inconvenient lock up that made me late to work. The Paranoid settings work almost flawlessly, with the exception of one bug that has been slightly annoying. From a clean wipe, the rom works perfectly. Once I start adjusting paranoid settings (I like phablet mode) I run into an issue with the status bar's formatting. For whatever reason anytime I start adjusting the DPI, the status bar ends up cutting off the top few pixels of the UI. No matter what app I'm running, the topmost couple of lines are blocked off by the status bar. I've tried playing with the scaling of everything possible, taking it in and out of tablet mode, etc, and the only remedy to this seems to be a reflash. I think the culprit lies somewhere in the aokp rom control. Once this bug takes hold, certain features of the rom control become unresponsive. Changing the clock format has no effect until I reboot, and several other settings do not respond until the system is restarted as well. I don't have any logcats but I hope this is in the least bit helpful. Other than this I've been absolutely loving this rom, keep up the good work!

I had the same issue with top of apps cutting off and the top of the pull down was wacky too. I wasn't able to figure it out either.

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
I had the same issue with top of apps cutting off and the top of the pull down was wacky too. I wasn't able to figure it out either.

If you're talking about a white gap in the status bar, I fixed it by selecting for GPU rendering and disable hw overlays in developer options, rebooted, and the problem was fixed.

mcniglet

Dec 28, 2007
Which gapps did you flash?? Don't flash the one for 4.2.1, because this is not a 4.2.1 ROM.

I flashed the one listed under either this post or the king kang post. I had originally flashed the newest gapps and the keyboard kept force closing so I searched and found the post with a link to gapps that didn't have the kb issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

fr8cture

Sep 1, 2012
Minneapolis
Why does it seem like everything is zoomed in. Like super user goes way off the screen instead if being centered. Also software buttons in tablet mode are really spaced out.

blestsol

Jul 24, 2010
Baltimore
I'm pretty sure this could be a common problem but I haven't found an answer yet.

When my phone gets to 90% it glows green as to say fully charged. Has there been a fix or is it just me?

I'm also having an issue with vibration. I wanna turn it completely off and I thought I hit every menu that affected it but I still get vibrations when moving widgets and unlocking my phone using the stock lock screen.

Gs3

Last edited:

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
Why does it seem like everything is zoomed in. Like super user goes way off the screen instead if being centered. Also software buttons in tablet mode are really spaced out.

It is a conflict with paranoid settings. Go into the specific app that is spaced out and change the DPI and layout.

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
I'm pretty sure this could be a common problem but I haven't found an answer yet.

When my phone gets to 90% it glows green as to say fully charged. Has there been a fix or is it just me?

I'm also having an issue with vibration. I wanna turn it completely off and I thought I hit every menu that affected it but I still get vibrations when moving widgets and unlocking my phone using the stock lock screen.

Gs3

I don't think you can turn it completely off, unless you use ktoonsez's kernel. In his ktweaker app, you can adjust the vibration settings.

And as for the led, that is just the way it is across aosp ROMs.

Reactions: blestsol

excellentnuke

Jun 1, 2010
I can't get Paranoid Settings to show up. I moved it to /system/app then used ROM Manager to fix permissions, but still nothing.

broprah

Apr 11, 2011
Durham NC
If you're talking about a white gap in the status bar, I fixed it by selecting for GPU rendering and disable hw overlays in developer options, rebooted, and the problem was fixed.

I've tried this to no avail, the status bar is still really wonky. I'm now also having issues with certain settings not sticking until I reboot. Trying to turn on/off airplane mode from both the status bar and the power menu requires a reboot to show effect. Likewise, expanded desktop will not respond until I reboot the phone. This leads me to further suspect the problem to lie in the AOKP end of the rom. I didn't used to have these issues when I first flashed, I'll keep playing around and see if I can't see where it went wrong.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1.1][D2VZW] PAC-ROM LP MR1

Header.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pac-Man - Verizon, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    Papa Smurf151, manfromgta, clearchris
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-04-29
    Last Updated 2016-08-13
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM Nightly Builds for SCH-I535 (GMail fixed!!)

Original OP
    FYI we are actively updating to 4.4. Do not ask for eta...this will take time to sort out but will be worth it

XDA Moderator
    FYI pac-4.4 branch has been merged into pac github and gerrit. No alpha or nightlies yet but very soon. Feel free to poke around and if daring enough build for yourself. For those who wish to wait...please no eta as we are working as fast as we can. This is a full aosp base with commits brought I'm from all over with our own stuff added as well. Not all featured are added yet but will be over the next few weeks

XDA Moderator
    There will be an rc soon. Within next day or two then nightlies again if needed. We are staying inline with cm. There were a ton of commits push last night that fixed a lot of stuff and brought in more stability. Still a few more things left to do but they will get done.

Sorry I've been out of town all weekend at a beach resort and got engaged

XDA Moderator