[App] RockPlayer 2

Search This thread

changeworld

Nov 8, 2012
Shanghai
//11-13 2014
RockPlayer2 V2.3.1, a bug fix update to V2.3.1 released a few days ago.

We removed advertisements and in-app-purchase, most likely they will not be back but we reserve the right :). I'd like say a few words for the decision. Most of us are code farmers, who believes it would be a piece of cake to get enough money to maintain this company from the app , but we are wrong. Fortunately (or not?), we figured out a way, to provide media playback solution and service. That's why we left for a while and now we are back.

V2.3 is based on the SDK itself, including quite a lot improvements to the playback engine. The engine has been used for those projects with all kinds of rare cases, from chipset turn-key solution, 3D VR headset player, client of media service provider to app like web browser, it is much more faster and stable than before, the seeking is fluent and reliable.

Feature side, there is no change yet and they are coming.

//03-14 2014
There is a bug in our RockPlayer2 V2.2.6, when you press the "refresh" button of MediaLibrary, you will get nothing.
Sorry for this problem but we are hardly working on it, a new update will be released in days.

//08-02 2013
We have release RockPalyer2 for Android V2.2.4, support Android 4.3 now.
Due to Google's changing in internal codes, RockPlayer2 can't works on Android 4.3 before v2.2.4. Now it has been fixed and run perfectly on Android 4.3.
We suggest every RockPlayer2/RockPlayer Lite user upgrade to v2.2.4 if you want try Android 4.3.

//13-03-04

Want to add customize Streaming Source in RockPlayer2 or share it with your friends ? Want to broadcast yourself to all the world ?
I have post "How to add your own streaming source in #51" you guys will love it .

//12-18 2012

RockPlayer2 now update to version 2.2.1, we add TV Streaming and built-in forum.

TV-Streaming : You can watch TV on air through RockPlayer2 now , and you can make your own streaming source or even your own TV station ! Our official streaming index collected limited TV streaming address , if you want see more , you can add by yourself . If you'd like to share your streaming source with others , you can make your streaming index using our specication and share it , people will add it to RockPlayer2 and see more channels . Our specification is open and free , anyone can use it to make streaming index and share it in RockPlayer2 . Users from all over the world will see you . If you like to do this , please send us a mail : service@time2change.mobi , we will send you the instruction in detail .

Built-in forum : We want to give a easy way for our users to feedback and share their source like subtitle or streaming index . So we add a built-in forum in RockPlayer2 , hope to see you guys there !

//
//

RockPlayer was one of the best media players on Android , after one and an half year , the second generation of RockPlayer - RockPlayer2 is coming now !

RockPlayer2 comes with all new design , more functions and several " unique features " like wifi file sharing and customize pannel , and now available for both Android & iOS .

We rewrote the engine of RockPlayer2, and optimized it for phone with several cores. RP2 supports almost all formats of media files you know, n matter MKV , AVI , RMVB , TS , 720p HD movies or APE, FLAC lossless music, RP2 can play almost everything .

1 . All New Design
We tried our best to make it as easy as possible for users to handle this app, RockPlayer 2 comes with beautiful UI and smooth operation. We focus on every single detail to make RockPlayer2 more delicate .

overview.png

RockPlayer2 's UI is so simple and clear for users, you don't have to learn to use an app anymore.
RockPlayer2 now comes with full function media file management . the media library find and show all your media files automatically with thumbnail and other info like type , last play time and so on.
Or...you can shake your phone to hide some files you don't want others to find.

overview.png

The media library find and show all your media files automatically with thumbnail and other info like type , last play time and so on.
Or...you can shake your phone to hide some files you dont want others to find.

mediaL.png

Let's talk about the "Unique features"

RockShare : with RockShare , you can share your files with your friends just use your phone, your don't have to find a PC and USB line, you don't have to take your SD card anymore. RockShare is available for both Android and iOS, You can exchange files with any of your friends whose phone installed RockPlayer2 and in the same WIFI with you . File transfer speed can be as fast as 9MB/s.

rockshare.png

Customize Pannel: To make the playback View simple and clean , we make the control bar customizable . Users can choose which button they need and where they put it .Just long press any button of the control bar , you will get the customize pannel and find what you like. So you can get most of the view for movie but not like some other player app , put all the buttons on a playback view .

cusomization.png

we also add great support for gestures and streaming playback , you can handle everything just using one hand.
At last , here I make a movie for RockPlayer2, hope you like it .

For more information ,please go out website: http://rockplayer.com/rp2/en/ and find us on Google Play. Those without Play Store access can download the APK directly.

Last edited:

tapan15in

Aug 11, 2011
Ahmedabad
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Tried your rock player its very good. I but just a feedback that when we select software decoding it starts to lag.
Secondly the audio level is too low. You need to do something about the audio levels as you need to enhance them or you can also add some effect like Dolby, stereo or anything else

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2

changeworld

Nov 8, 2012
Shanghai
Tried your rock player its very good. I but just a feedback that when we select software decoding it starts to lag.
Secondly the audio level is too low. You need to do something about the audio levels as you need to enhance them or you can also add some effect like Dolby, stereo or anything else

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2

thanks, can you tell me more information about your file which you mentioned a little lag when select software decoding ? So I can do some optimize to make it better .
Maybe I will add a enhance for audio as you said .

Thanks again !

rmrajm1

May 10, 2012
Bangalore
Was using it in many of my older phones n since it wasnt updated i had left using it....now its back n sure ul get ur users back....:)

jojoost

Jan 8, 2012
Will try it out now!! Please add iTunes sync app for on the PC, this is the only reason why I am staying with doubleTwist, but will of course try this out!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

blud7

Jul 12, 2010
Very smooth, love it on my Note 10.1
No subtitle support? No pinch to zoom?

syamardhian

Jun 12, 2012
Album Art

Very nice media player,

it would be great if you can add album art to music files :good:

Last edited:

desalesouche

Feb 6, 2012
2.2 is force closing while installing codecs at first launch...on huawei u8230 with gb 2.3.7 cm7.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    //11-13 2014
    RockPlayer2 V2.3.1, a bug fix update to V2.3.1 released a few days ago.

We removed advertisements and in-app-purchase, most likely they will not be back but we reserve the right :). I'd like say a few words for the decision. Most of us are code farmers, who believes it would be a piece of cake to get enough money to maintain this company from the app , but we are wrong. Fortunately (or not?), we figured out a way, to provide media playback solution and service. That's why we left for a while and now we are back.

V2.3 is based on the SDK itself, including quite a lot improvements to the playback engine. The engine has been used for those projects with all kinds of rare cases, from chipset turn-key solution, 3D VR headset player, client of media service provider to app like web browser, it is much more faster and stable than before, the seeking is fluent and reliable.

Feature side, there is no change yet and they are coming.

//03-14 2014
    There is a bug in our RockPlayer2 V2.2.6, when you press the "refresh" button of MediaLibrary, you will get nothing.
    Sorry for this problem but we are hardly working on it, a new update will be released in days.

//08-02 2013
    We have release RockPalyer2 for Android V2.2.4, support Android 4.3 now.
    Due to Google's changing in internal codes, RockPlayer2 can't works on Android 4.3 before v2.2.4. Now it has been fixed and run perfectly on Android 4.3.
    We suggest every RockPlayer2/RockPlayer Lite user upgrade to v2.2.4 if you want try Android 4.3.

//13-03-04

Want to add customize Streaming Source in RockPlayer2 or share it with your friends ? Want to broadcast yourself to all the world ?
    I have post "How to add your own streaming source in #51" you guys will love it .

//12-18 2012

RockPlayer2 now update to version 2.2.1, we add TV Streaming and built-in forum.

TV-Streaming : You can watch TV on air through RockPlayer2 now , and you can make your own streaming source or even your own TV station ! Our official streaming index collected limited TV streaming address , if you want see more , you can add by yourself . If you'd like to share your streaming source with others , you can make your streaming index using our specication and share it , people will add it to RockPlayer2 and see more channels . Our specification is open and free , anyone can use it to make streaming index and share it in RockPlayer2 . Users from all over the world will see you . If you like to do this , please send us a mail : service@time2change.mobi , we will send you the instruction in detail .

Built-in forum : We want to give a easy way for our users to feedback and share their source like subtitle or streaming index . So we add a built-in forum in RockPlayer2 , hope to see you guys there !

//
    //

RockPlayer was one of the best media players on Android , after one and an half year , the second generation of RockPlayer - RockPlayer2 is coming now !

RockPlayer2 comes with all new design , more functions and several " unique features " like wifi file sharing and customize pannel , and now available for both Android & iOS .

We rewrote the engine of RockPlayer2, and optimized it for phone with several cores. RP2 supports almost all formats of media files you know, n matter MKV , AVI , RMVB , TS , 720p HD movies or APE, FLAC lossless music, RP2 can play almost everything .

1 . All New Design
    We tried our best to make it as easy as possible for users to handle this app, RockPlayer 2 comes with beautiful UI and smooth operation. We focus on every single detail to make RockPlayer2 more delicate .

overview.png

RockPlayer2 's UI is so simple and clear for users, you don't have to learn to use an app anymore.
    RockPlayer2 now comes with full function media file management . the media library find and show all your media files automatically with thumbnail and other info like type , last play time and so on.
    Or...you can shake your phone to hide some files you don't want others to find.

overview.png

The media library find and show all your media files automatically with thumbnail and other info like type , last play time and so on.
    Or...you can shake your phone to hide some files you dont want others to find.

mediaL.png

Let's talk about the "Unique features"

RockShare : with RockShare , you can share your files with your friends just use your phone, your don't have to find a PC and USB line, you don't have to take your SD card anymore. RockShare is available for both Android and iOS, You can exchange files with any of your friends whose phone installed RockPlayer2 and in the same WIFI with you . File transfer speed can be as fast as 9MB/s.

rockshare.png

Customize Pannel: To make the playback View simple and clean , we make the control bar customizable . Users can choose which button they need and where they put it .Just long press any button of the control bar , you will get the customize pannel and find what you like. So you can get most of the view for movie but not like some other player app , put all the buttons on a playback view .

cusomization.png

we also add great support for gestures and streaming playback , you can handle everything just using one hand.
    At last , here I make a movie for RockPlayer2, hope you like it .

For more information ,please go out website: http://rockplayer.com/rp2/en/ and find us on Google Play. Those without Play Store access can download the APK directly.

We have released v2.2.4 support Android 4.3

We have released v2.2.4 support Android 4.3 now.
    hope more people know and try my app
    This is a great app. Many thanks for ya. However can u add some of cartoon and discovery channels? :)

Sent from my X8 using Tapatalk 2

find and collect channels takes too much time , I have to focus on developing new version of RockPlayer , fix bugs and add new surprise . So we open the specification to third party , anyone could collect channel sources and share through RockPlayer2. I will try my best to add more interesting channels for you , of couse, in my parttime.
    the app is quite functional:good:, but i'd love to see a holo interface, these ios interfaced apps look good, but don't go with the android os as such.
    here is a site which gives open source library projects which are simple enough to implement,
    http://www.androidviews.net/