[AOSP][ROM][4.2.1] JellyBean 4.2 (20121209)

Search This thread

edgardurao

Aug 16, 2005
Lisbon
Have Portuguese and English keyboard installed. System language is English UK and finally works. But only in English, not in Portuguese. Pitty :(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Grizonic

Mar 11, 2011
I only have Portuguese from Brazil working properly, because installing the Portuguese from Portugal dictionary fails silently...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

xShay

Jul 28, 2011
Keen to try out this rom. Wanting to know if this is working great without any major bugs and is stable for daily usuage? Thanks :)

alb3rtt

Mar 28, 2011
Melbourne
Keen to try out this rom. Wanting to know if this is working great without any major bugs and is stable for daily usuage? Thanks :)

This Rom is great. No lag, no bugs that I've found, and its super stable for me ATM. It is definitely good for daily use. I use it for my daily driver. Go ahead and try it, you won't regret it.

vivicav

Apr 5, 2012
Панчево, Србија

Thank you, you're great! I flashed the zip and everything is fine. Android OS is not active and Bluetooth is working normally. After flashing the zip I noticed a small trouble: when I drag the Status Bar with two fingers I do get the Quick Settings but after that the icon (shortcut to Quick Settings) dissappears from regular Notifications.

Last edited:

edgardurao

Aug 16, 2005
Lisbon
I had installed the Portuguese dictionary, it seems to have, and says installed, but sincerely it doesn't suggest any words like in English or Brazilian.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Yes, Brazilian works. My Portuguese says that's installed but doesn't do nothing
I only have Portuguese from Brazil working properly, because installing the Portuguese from Portugal dictionary fails silently...

yadavjpr

Jun 7, 2011
Pune
Thank you, you're great! I flashed the zip and everything is fine. Android OS is not active and Bluetooth is working normally. After flashing the zip I noticed a small trouble: when I drag the Status Bar with two fingers I do get the Quick Settings but after that the icon (shortcut to Quick Settings) dissappears from regular Notifications.

Reboot your phone, it will work.

elitevet

Mar 7, 2011
Tel Aviv

Reboot your phone, it will work.

It's an AOSP issue, AFAIK. Reboot is the only way to restore the button.

sent from AOSP 4.2 powered SGS

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
The 20121209 build has been uploaded, and will hopefully be the last build if there is no more major problems.

As stated before, I will move on to developing and providing CM10.1 builds. If you want to use pure AOSP, the last build should be stable enough for long term use. There is no point of further maintaining this ROM as there is nothing to add (pure AOSP) and (hopefully) nothing to fix (not adding new features = not adding bugs).

!n0x

Jan 17, 2012
BCD
Quick question: Did you fix the flickering music player widget bug I posted before here? It affected Apollo and Play Music, as far as I have tested. The Gingerbread Music Player does not have a lockscreen widget, so it's not affected.

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Quick question: Did you fix the flickering music player widget bug I posted before here? It affected Apollo and Play Music, as far as I have tested. The Gingerbread Music Player does not have a lockscreen widget, so it's not affected.

No, I did not see your post, and I haven't had any problem with the music player widget either.

benkya

Nov 22, 2010
Indonesia
The 20121209 build has been uploaded, and will hopefully be the last build if there is no more major problems.

As stated before, I will move on to developing and providing CM10.1 builds. If you want to use pure AOSP, the last build should be stable enough for long term use. There is no point of further maintaining this ROM as there is nothing to add (pure AOSP) and (hopefully) nothing to fix (not adding new features = not adding bugs).

wow.. i see changelog sim lock layout has been fix... i think i have to live with old sim layout. but you fix it thanks pawitp. dowloading......

alcaprone

Jan 3, 2012
Am i the only one with no maps on latest gapps?apart from that everything is perfect..
Anyone with a link to past gapps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a build of Android JellyBean 4.2 from AOSP source code based on the CyanogenMod device tree for Samsung Galaxy S I9000. I have made this build to gauge how difficult it would be to port JellyBean 4.2 to current devices. In its current state, I consider this stable enough for daily use.

Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/pawitp/android_kernel_samsung_aries/tree/jellybean-next
    Other source code: See CM GitHub/Gerrit

What Works?
    Almost everything you can think of, RIL, Data, Wifi, Camera, Audio, GPS, TV-Out, etc. See the known issue list below for list of things that do not work.

Downloads
    ROM: http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/galaxysmtd_aosp42
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps
    SuperSU: http://download.chainfire.eu/282/SuperSU/CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip (only needed for 20121122 or below)

Installation
    Note: this ROM uses the same partition layout as CM10 stable.

1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon (install it everytime you install the ROM as there is no backup system right now)
    4. Optionally install SuperSU (only needed for 20121122 or below)

Known Issues
    • None

Features that are a part of CyanogenMod not AOSP
    and thus won't be available in this ROM
    • T9 Dialer
    • Reboot Menu
    • Theme Engine
    If you want these, use CyanogenMod when it's out!

Change Log
    • Fixed: Broken SIM PIN Layout
    • Fixed: Bluetooth input devices not working
    • Fixed: No deepsleep with bluetooth on
    • Fixed: no direction arrow in Google Maps
    • Hopefully fixed: Wifi not working for some users (again)
    • Enable KSM
    • Fixed: Wifi not working for some users
    • Reverted Wi-Fi changes in 20121130
    • Fixed: Sim Toolkit (STK) does not work
    • Fixed: Live Wallpaper does not work
    • Superuser now included
    • Overall improved external SD card support
    • Fixed: Unable to mount external SD on PC
    • Fixed: Exchange not working
    • Fixed: CWM does not work in "dup" format
    • Fixed: Pressing home when screen is off but not locked exits current application
    • Fixed: Settings -> Storage displays "Available" instead of actual available amount
    • Fixed: adb shell does not work in recovery
    • Fixed: Settings -> Storage FC
    • Fixed: APN not working for some users (toggle airplane mode as a workaround)
    • Fixed: No Email/Exchange app
    • Fixed: Camera crashes if the preview is touched while recording video
    • Fixed: Daydream clock setting crashes
    • Initial release

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Note that this is a preview release and non-device specific bugs will not be accepted. The development of this preview will also cease once enough progress has been made in CyanogenMod. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Credits
    CyanogenMod and all previous contributors and maintainers of the device.
    Uploaded a new build, which will hopefully fix wifi for everyone and be the final build for this project. (Let's move on to CM!)

New build posted
    New build uploaded, hopefully fixing wifi for everyone.