FORUMS

[APP][ROOT][4.0+] SMS Limit Tool

688 posts
Thanks Meter: 693

By erishasnobattery, Senior Member on 10th December 2012, 01:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Some time ago, I posted an app that would raise the limit on the number of SMS Messages that could be sent before seeing the ever-annoying warning dialog that you text too much. However, this app only worked on JellyBean 4.1 and was very ROM specific, so I set out to improve upon the idea a little.

The "new" app will work on ANY (to my knowledge) rooted device running Android 4.0+ and allows you to set the limits yourself (within reason). Basically, just load it up, set your limits, click apply, and reboot. The settings will stick unless you wipe data or factory reset your device and I included an option to return to defaults if need be.

There is a known problem with the reboot binary on some HTC devices not playing well, so you may have to reboot manually. Please let me know if you encounter any other problems with it and I'll work through them.

You can grab the apk from HERE. There is an identical donate version available from the market if you're feeling generous.

Play Store Link
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to erishasnobattery For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erishasnobattery Ad-Free
16th January 2013, 05:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Works great for me! Thanks!
16th January 2013, 06:09 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Thanks, my spare phone is doing auto-forwarding duties nowadays and this was just what I needed =)
12th March 2013, 01:08 AM |#4  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 180

Donate to Me
More
will this work on rooted Gingerbread (2.3.4) ? - specifically:
Virtuous G-Lite v2.0.1 :: GB AOSP HTC/G2 base 2.16.531.5
12th March 2013, 02:18 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Does gingerbread have the limitiation? I know froyo doesn't, I only need this for my Jelly Bean S2.
17th March 2013, 12:42 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Louis, MO

Donate to Me
More
Re: [APP][ROOT][4.0+] SMS Limit Tool
If GB has a limit, it's handled differently and this won't work on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
19th March 2013, 12:31 PM |#7  
Flag Cabanatuan City
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thanks. It's just what I needed.
12th July 2013, 09:02 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks.
Do you know if it's possible to just read the "sms_outgoing_check_max_count" actual value without root?
13th July 2013, 04:24 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Louis, MO

Donate to Me
More
I'm guessing probably not. The value isn't present in the database unless it is changed from the default. Depending on the device, Android version, and carrier, the default could be stored anywhere in XML or code, so I can't even venture a guess as to the values.

Sent from my SCH-I605
13th July 2013, 10:20 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erishasnobattery

I'm guessing probably not. The value isn't present in the database unless it is changed from the default. Depending on the device, Android version, and carrier, the default could be stored anywhere in XML or code, so I can't even venture a guess as to the values.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Thank you.
So basically SMS Apps can't do anything about it until google decides to let the default value be customizable (like in cyanogenmod).
Hope they change their mind.
13th July 2013, 10:44 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2,388

More
Xenxda, maybe yes, using Xposed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)