March of the Droids - UK Android get together

Search This thread

UbuntuBhoy

Apr 28, 2010
Glasgow
ubuntubhoy.blogspot.com
Hi folks.

We are organising a little Android get together in the UK in March of next year. The event is aimed squarely at Android users, and we 'think' it's the only event of it's kind in the UK. It won't be anywhere near as big and fantastic as the Big Android BBQ state side, but we hope it will at least be as much fun.

We have folk coming from the Three UK media team, Tom Mleko the big cheese from Hyperbees, Tha Phlash the incredible icon designer is coming over from Canada, and HTC have stated they will get involved in some form.

The event will take place on Saturday 9th of March at the MadLab in Manchester running from mid-day to 5-6 O'clock with some snacks and drinks. Although we will be having speakers, and possibly workshop/Q & A sessions, the main focus is getting to know the wider Android community. A large number of Android blogging sites have all given their supprt, as have Clove Technology. With a little luck we will have some goodies to give away on the day as well.

If you are interested you can find out more on the website http://www.marchofthedroids.co.uk/, or comment here and I will try and answer any questions you might have.

Even better is if you can offer support/sponsorship in way as every little help is greatly appreciated.

devwithzachary

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 12, 2009
London
Huawei P40
Hi folks.

We are organising a little Android get together in the UK in March of next year. The event is aimed squarely at Android users, and we 'think' it's the only event of it's kind in the UK. It won't be anywhere near as big and fantastic as the Big Android BBQ state side, but we hope it will at least be as much fun.

We have folk coming from the Three UK media team, Tom Mleko the big cheese from Hyperbees, Tha Phlash the incredible icon designer is coming over from Canada, and HTC have stated they will get involved in some form.

The event will take place on Saturday 9th of March at the MadLab in Manchester running from mid-day to 5-6 O'clock with some snacks and drinks. Although we will be having speakers, and possibly workshop/Q & A sessions, the main focus is getting to know the wider Android community. A large number of Android blogging sites have all given their supprt, as have Clove Technology. With a little luck we will have some goodies to give away on the day as well.

If you are interested you can find out more on the website http://www.marchofthedroids.co.uk/, or comment here and I will try and answer any questions you might have.

Even better is if you can offer support/sponsorship in way as every little help is greatly appreciated.

I would possible be interested in running a workshop/talk/Q&A on my projects, and I work for a couple of company's that could be interested in having me show case there software, all open source of cause :)
Maybe hit me up with a PM if its the kind of thing you are looking for

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Im interested in going :) i have looked at the website and it looks good, but i was wondering if you guys will be having an entrance fee ect? and will we need to book in advance?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks.